Everclear Concert

MrToadsWildRide

Mouseketeer
So I got to see Everclear in concert at the Food and Wine and Beer and Wine and Beer (do they have food too?) Wine & Beer Festival.

I'm standing just outside the concert section place (cause I never can remember the correct names of places like this) and I get rammed into from behind, almost falling over. It's a young-ish woman who's having an obviously challenging time walking (too fast) in a straight line.

She's headed straight into the FastPass+ line, where she begins her human pinball impression. She's doing a great job lighting things up, until she gets almost to the end and bonks off a person into and over the rope and lands in the bushes.

It happened pretty fast. Most people are a little stunned and she (to her credit) gets right up before anyone can help. Back goes the pinball handle and she's flies off on her high-score quest to bonk as many guests as possible.

To her credit, never once did the phone she was holding leave her ear.

So anyway, Everclear.

This was the first time Evercleafr was at the Food and Wine festival. For those of you who don't know Art Alexakis (lead singer, song writer and guitar player) he had a less than magical youth. (google it) Long (and sad) story short, he's cleaned up his act and works very hard at being a great father and loves his family very much.

He's telling the crowd how he took his 7 year old daughter to Space Mountain (for the first time ever) earlier that day. She walked off, turned to him and said, "I've never been happier." He's like, "That's what it's all about, isn't it?" The crowd cheers and he says, "Isn't Disneyland great?" (I can't recall exactly what he said, but he did use the DL word)

Wow. Did it get quite. The crowd seemed torn between, "I feel sad for you right now, " and "He doesn't know, does he?." But they quickly got over it. They all knew his heart was in the right place. Plus he went on (later) to say ...

"Tonight's Halloween. My daughter is at the Magic Kingdom right now. This is the first Halloween I haven't spent with her. But after I leave here, I'm going to dress up as Prince Charming and surprise her. I'm sure I won't look good, but you gotta do it, right?." The crowd cheers. All is forgiven.

When he finishes, he comes down off the stage and meets two (different families) disabled children. He goes out of his way to make them feel special. He even signs an autograph for one of them.

What a magical moment.

I hope the invite them back next year.

so jealous! we get hanson, while i don't mind, my family doesn't want to mmmbop with me. would've much rather seen smashmouth or everclear! oh well, can't have it all!!

Yay! I love them. I almost went on Sunday, but we had been out until almost midnight at MNSSHP the night before, and had spent all day at EPCOT (aka hottest place on earth). I just couldn't go back out. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter