Everest single rider line?

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
It has been a few years since we have been in the parks. Does Everest still have a single rider line? We will be at AK on a Saturday afternoon early May and touring plans is calling for 7 crowds which is more crowded than we are used to. In the past, we have never used a FP for Everest and always relied on the single rider line which was always 15 minutes or less. Will that plan still work or do I need to alter my plans and fit in Everest for a FP? How easy is it to get Everest for a 4th or 5th FP? Thanks in advance!

They still have a single rider line. On very crowded days I’ve seen it at a 30 min wait but usually it moves pretty quickly.

It’s still there. I never have issues getting EE extra FP (even in busy times). It may take a few minutes of refreshing, but I always get one.

After the first hour of the day, the SRL is the "shortest-wait' way to ride EE.
It can often be faster than having a FP.

We used it just a few days ago. It was posted 40 minutes when we got into line, and they almost immediately changed the sign to 60 minutes. We waited 12 minutes. ;-P

Standby was 85 minutes at that point.

Even on Christmas Eve it was a short wait in that line

We are a party of 3 and since one of us always has to ride solo anyway we always use the single rider line and save a! I like that you can see it before you enter and get a sense of how long it is, never waited more than 20 minutes, usually less and always less than the posted time.

It has been a few years since we have been in the parks. Does Everest still have a single rider line? We will be at AK on a Saturday afternoon early May and touring plans is calling for 7 crowds which is more crowded than we are used to. In the past, we have never used a FP for Everest and always relied on the single rider line which was always 15 minutes or less. Will that plan still work or do I need to alter my plans and fit in Everest for a FP? How easy is it to get Everest for a 4th or 5th FP? Thanks in advance!
one of best "secrets" in WDW...almost never more than 10-15 min

Yes and we use it every time...never a FP we rarely get split up..if we do, i go first..then the rest of family. When we visit DL it amazes me at the amount of folks that don't use single rider......they think its for people at the parks by themselves......which of course, it isn't..

Last edited:
Looks like this ride attracts a lot of odd number parties because the single rider line moves pretty quickly

Looks like this ride attracts a lot of odd number parties because the single rider line moves pretty quickly

Yes - and unlike slinky dog and 7dmt they don't separate odd and even number parties at "general boarding" and fill up odd seats from that line so the singles go fast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter