Everybody OK after the storms in Ohio?

scbelleatheart

DIS Veteran
We got slammed. The power for a lot of people will be back on Tuesday. I went to Walmart and there was a run on ice. People trying to save what food they could. The biggest thing was downed power lines. I moved to a hotel because if you live in the country your well works off electric. So no water!
Told DH we are buying a generator now!
Hope everyone here is safe.

Northeast Ohio was fine ! I heard Athens, and hocking hills were hit hard.

2 of 3 kids are in C-bus. DD#1 works at the Polaris and her half has power, the other no power as of last night. They both have power at home. DD #2 didn't lose hers and DD #1 was only out for a short time.

DD#2 works at a place that was one of the only food places with power on Friday night in their area...they got slammed and she made major major money in tips. Not sure how yesterday went for them.

I had heard that OSU campus had no power Friday but not sure if it's been restored. DD #2 will probably find out anytime now if they have classes tomorrow. DD #3 is also a Buckeye but she is home for the summer. I know a lot of her friends that are local to that area lost power.

I'm in Cincy, we didn't lose power at all. But tree limbs are everywhere. 14 miles away dbf's parents STILL don't have electric. It's not expected to be restored until tomorrow night!

Geez,where have I been?!? I had no idea Ohio had such bad storms! We live about 40 mins east of Cleveland and had nothing like it! Our grass is so brown we haven't mowed in a week!

Supposedly there were 80 mile/hr winds that came through here.
DD and I were at the mall and knew it was storming but had no idea how bad it was while my other two were home. Yikes. :rolleyes: I asked DS17 why he didn't call me and he said he had everything under control, lol.

It was so strange to go into the mall with it sunny and come out with it storming, trees, power lines, and traffic lights hanging down everywhere.

There is significant tree damage in our area and lots of neighborhoods that still don't have power and won't for a while longer.

Appox 30 min Columbus lost power for appox 2.5 hrs Friday. FRiends in Delaware were out 5 hrs. I know areas around OSU campus are still out and looking at July 7th for it to be back on. Dh's Aunt in circleville lost a truck to a tree otherwise fine at her place. Other family in Hocking hills are ok and have power far as I know. Lancaster got hit hard.

There has been no coverage on the news about it. DIL had to work at hotel in C-bus for a reception of 300 with no power. All the roads north of Columbus are virtually closed because of downed power lines. We expect electric around Tuesday.
One kid has electric (Polaris), 2 others don't in Columbus university area.
You know what is bad? Everything we own is now on recharg batteries. People were looking like crazy at the store for a radio/dvd player/corded phone that ran on regular batteries. my DS said we really are not prepared for a storm.
I guess there is now a run on gas and ice in the area.
I'm buying a generator tomorrow!:rotfl: The up side is my fridge and freezer are getting cleaned out.:)

Appox 30 min Columbus lost power for appox 2.5 hrs Friday. FRiends in Delaware were out 5 hrs. I know areas around OSU campus are still out and looking at July 7th for it to be back on. Dh's Aunt in circleville lost a truck to a tree otherwise fine at her place. Other family in Hocking hills are ok and have power far as I know. Lancaster got hit hard.
Ashley didn't get hit? Or were you in MI at the time? Sometimes it might be good to be Michigander. and that is hard to swallow for a Buckeye.:lmao:

We left the Dayton area, last Sunday...But most of our friends and family are still without power, I heard it was pretty nasty.

It was really dark when the storm hit. Like nighttime. Scary! We still don't have electricity, but my dad does. We booked a hotel for a few nights. Glad I made that choice. When hurricane Ike came through in 2008, at least the weather was nice, so we just stayed home. Too hot for that now.

We have no cable, but we were actually driving through IN when the storms went through. I have never felt so scared! We were in the absolute middle of nowhere. Cornfields on both sides of the two lane highway, and we were the only car on the road. There were no buildings to go to, so DH just kept driving as fast as he could. I saw a large tree snap apart and land about 10 feet away. The kids were screaming and DS asked if it was a tornado. DH said, "No, we're okay...just watch your movie", and then DH turned to me and whispered, "you need to look for a tornado, and call my parents and let them know where we are in case we don't make it.":eek: It was superscary. We are in St.Louis right now, but some friends went to the house this morning to make sure nothing was damaged. I know the cable is out because our house phone is just ringing as busy. Definitely thanking God that we made it through in one piece, and praying for everyone affected by the storms.

My son said it was like a movie. 2 power lines went down behind him and the a semi flipped in front of him. He stopped to see if they were ok and the whole time I was just praying he made it home. Thank goodness he came home for the weekend or I would have been a wreck.
After the storm they rerouted traffic to our road and we had a tree down in the middle of the road. I would guess 200 people used our circular drive to get around the tree and DS is out there directing traffic. He took matters into his own hands and took the chainsaw out and cleared the road. Our road is the direct route to lake Erie so the traffic was heavy for a holiday.
Sorry to go on but it was the most bizarre day of my life. I keep rethinking it and realize how lucky we were.

Just got our internet back after the storm. I was home by myself when it hit - I was so scared.

The winds took out the tops of our large trees - we had huge limbs everywhere, and we're still cleaning up today. No damage to the house, thank goodness, because less than 1/2 a mile down a tree was laying right on the house.

Two homes over from us took the worst hit on our street - ALL their large trees were uprooted, and the wind pulled their privacy fence out of the ground (concreted in).

We were without power until about Midnight on Friday - plugged our fridge into the neighbor's generator to save everything.

Sooo scary - never been through anything like that ever and hope to never be again.

Ashley didn't get hit? Or were you in MI at the time? Sometimes it might be good to be Michigander. and that is hard to swallow for a Buckeye.:lmao:
I was in Ashley just walked into house with dinner as winds came thru, watched power go out, flicker and go out and stay out for 2.5 hours. We have branch on power line and twigs in yard otherwise we faired very well up here. Closer I got to Delaware more trees/leaves I saw in places they shouldn't be. Got Email this am (sun) that scrapbook store on Polaris was closed D/T no power.

Smitch, glad you made it thru the whole storm. BTW, your pics are so cute!
DS just called from C-Bus and there is another storm coming in worse than Friday.
Told DH who is in Mexico working, I wish I had a picture. Me on my phone, 2 cats and a lab huddled in the downstairs powder room waiting for a tree to come crashing down on the house. One of our employees called to say he will be without power until July 7th.

Another bad storm is moving in and the winds are picking up. So glad DH is home with me for this round.

Bearcat, glad your husband is home too! Hope this next storm isn't as bad. I just want to go home but no electric and water? Do I stay here or do I go home and sweat it out? I know our business has no power as of 5pm today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter