Everybody's Celebrating Something! No Questions Asked!

If anyone sees myself and my hubby next November wearing an anniversary pin....
It really IS our Anniversary!
Congratulate us on 10 years and no one is dead or maimed. :thumbsup2
Huh? Do they have a "I havent murdered my spouse in 10 years'pin? (Course we have to actually make it until next November :rotfl:)

Write that on your anniversary pin ::yes::

when we checked into Yacht Club 2 weeks ago we got a Celebrating pin
on these they HANDWRITE what you are celebrating

Ours was semi-unique

We were celebrating our...........

RETIREMENT!!!!!

:cool1::cool1:

:cool1: Congratulations ! That is WONDERFUL !

Happy Anniversary ! Our 28th anniversary is next week 11/29. My husband is an over the road trucker delivering all the crap we/most of us need to buy for the holidays ;) so he won't be home, won't be here for Christmas either.

Guess what ? New Years Eve we will ring in the New Year at WDW and wear our anniversary buttons :) For the 30th maybe we'll even get bride and groom ears, why not ? We did it for the 10th, we treasure the pictures. God we were thin and he had hair :rotfl:

Happy anniversary! We have our 30th in January but will be at DLR in December. I wonder how much trouble we can stir up wearing some buttons early! :lmao:

It's a pin, it's someone saying Congratulations! or Happy Birthday!, it's a freaking baked cupcake with frosting on top. Why do you CARE so much about people wanting to celebrate at a place that makes them happy?

You must be super fun at parties. :rolleyes:

:lmao: i was thinking the same thing.

Happy anniversary! We have our 30th in January but will be at DLR in December. I wonder how much trouble we can stir up wearing some buttons early! :lmao:

Happy Anniversary to both of you ! You're talented go the whole 9 yards and make yourself a Princess Sash too princess: Contrary to naysayers it's fun, we do it for ourselves, we laugh, and we stay young because of it :goodvibes

:wave2: Hi GoofyinToronto with my favorite avatar smooshy face dog :rotfl2:

OP might not be much fun at parties, but at least OP doesn't show up three months late!

Oh well. Honest mistake on my part, I was searching for celebration button threads to hopefully get an answer to my question without starting a new thread, got caught up reading and posted without looking at the date. Again, oh well.

Oh well. Honest mistake on my part, I was searching for celebration button threads to hopefully get an answer to my question without starting a new thread, got caught up reading and posted without looking at the date. Again, oh well.

Do WHATEVER makes YOU happy :goodvibes and good grief you did nothing wrong !

:welcome: to the Dis :thumbsup2

Don't worry. People dig up threads that are years old and reactivate them. Three months is current.

Happy Anniversary ! Our 28th anniversary is next week 11/29. My husband is an over the road trucker delivering all the crap we/most of us need to buy for the holidays ;) so he won't be home, won't be here for Christmas either.

Guess what ? New Years Eve we will ring in the New Year at WDW and wear our anniversary buttons :) For the 30th maybe we'll even get bride and groom ears, why not ? We did it for the 10th, we treasure the pictures. God we were thin and he had hair :rotfl:

Our Anniversary is Jan 6, we'll be at WDW Dec 18-22. We are TOTALLY celebrating our 21st anniversary while were there because NO KIDS! Plus the whole trip is part of an award my husband received at work and it's a pretty big deal so we will be wearing our buttons every day... And one day, I might just celebrate my unbirthday. :woohoo:

We are going Nov/Dec. We have 4 birthdays (Oct 27 & 28 + Dec 21 & 26) 2 1st visits, my SIL and me. If I had unlimited funds I suppose we could have booked from October 26 through December 27 but sadly we don't so we split the difference.
Not only that, but every time I book something I'm asked by the CM if I'm celebrating something. When I can't come up with anything, they start offering suggestions/

Celebrate life!!

I could care less if people want to get the buttons for no reason. And even if it's not someone's actual birthday or anniversary or whatever, that trip could be celebrating it a little late or early. I've gotten three buttons total, twice when I went for my birthday, and one this trip to attach to the stroller for the baby's first trip.

When we checked in at DLR GCH back in September, the CM at the desk asked us what we were celebrating. I said it was a guys-only trip, and my DS's first visit to DLR.

He disappeared and returned a minute later with a "first visit" button for DS, an "I'm Celebrating" button for me, and an "autographed" photo of Buzz and Woody for DS.

Cost to Disney -- maybe 75 cents. But it bought tons of goodwill and helped set the tone for the best Disney visit I've experienced in years!

I really think people need to just enjoy THEIR trip and not worry about what is going on around them!
People have no idea why somebody might be celebrating a few wks or months later,.

I have been battling a serious illness for around 6 years now,ive had 6 major head surgeries and 4months of Iv treatment followed by a round of chemo.
In May i will be going to Disney world to celebrate my 30th bday,my bday isnt until july however im scheduled to have another head surgery followed by a picc line,My children have watched me fight this nasty illness,and last year before i had my last surgery they told me that they didnt think i would make it to my 30th,and that as i had now had so many surgerys on sich a delicate area that this would have to be one of my last,that they might open me up and there is nothing more they can do.....
I refused to give up and a went through every suggestive treatment they threw at me,including a 9 hour op,and a wk in the ICU
i dont know how long i have to spend with my children, and so when i go in May im going to celebrate my birthday and the fact that i have been a mummy to my three beautiful boys for another year.
Im sorry to those who feel I shouldnt as its 2 months in advance of the actual day,but im proud of achieving what many consultants said i wouldnt and i want to make sure this trip is one to remember.
Im not wearing the badge for anyone elses benefit or for a free cupcake or anything that it may or maynot bring, its for my memories and my childrens when they look back at the pictures and see that we celebrated being together on that trip,and that instead of being in hospital im in Disneyworld.

Im sure I am not the only person with cicumstances out of their control which means that a celebration in disneyworld can not be on the actual day,but that shouldnt stop anyone from having the birthday anniversary trip that they wanted to originally have.
When i see somebody with a badge on,I will stop smile and think to myself that its a wonderful day to see so many able to celebrate something with their loved ones.:love:

I really think people need to just enjoy THEIR trip and not worry about what is going on around them!
People have no idea why somebody might be celebrating a few wks or months later,.

I have been battling a serious illness for around 6 years now,ive had 6 major head surgeries and 4months of Iv treatment followed by a round of chemo.
In May i will be going to Disney world to celebrate my 30th bday,my bday isnt until july however im scheduled to have another head surgery followed by a picc line,My children have watched me fight this nasty illness,and last year before i had my last surgery they told me that they didnt think i would make it to my 30th,and that as i had now had so many surgerys on sich a delicate area that this would have to be one of my last,that they might open me up and there is nothing more they can do.....
I refused to give up and a went through every suggestive treatment they threw at me,including a 9 hour op,and a wk in the ICU
i dont know how long i have to spend with my children, and so when i go in May im going to celebrate my birthday and the fact that i have been a mummy to my three beautiful boys for another year.
Im sorry to those who feel I shouldnt as its 2 months in advance of the actual day,but im proud of achieving what many consultants said i wouldnt and i want to make sure this trip is one to remember.
Im not wearing the badge for anyone elses benefit or for a free cupcake or anything that it may or maynot bring, its for my memories and my childrens when they look back at the pictures and see that we celebrated being together on that trip,and that instead of being in hospital im in Disneyworld.

Im sure I am not the only person with cicumstances out of their control which means that a celebration in disneyworld can not be on the actual day,but that shouldnt stop anyone from having the birthday anniversary trip that they wanted to originally have.
When i see somebody with a badge on,I will stop smile and think to myself that its a wonderful day to see so many able to celebrate something with their loved ones.:love:

I hope you have an awesome trip full of gallons of healing pixiedust! :wizard:

What a fighter you are. Your kids must be very proud of you. :goodvibes

Chill....why should you or anyone else care what someone else is celebrating. I'd spend more time worrying about yourself and your own vacations rather than how other people choose to celebrate and enjoy their vacations.

For myself and my DH, we were unable to go to Disney on our 10th anniversary earlier this November, but we are going in early January, so we will be proudly wearing our Anniversary buttons and cute hats to celebrate our 10 years together, even though its not on the actual date. And, while we don't expect to get anything for free by wearing these, if we get a smile or Congrats from Cast Members or other guests, or if we get lucky and get a free cupcake, then all the more reason to be happy and celebrate, but we aren't expecting anything.

Have a wonderful time and enjoy every moment, buttons and all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter