Everything about PhotoPass and Memory Maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A slightly odd question:
I am an annual passholder and I have a TON of photos (I think over a 1,000). Is there a way to download the photos broken into albums based on the parks.
Or based on situation, character photos/ park photos/ ride photos?
Unfortunately, no.

First of all, thanks Accident, for creating this this thread, it very useful. We've used PP+ in the past and their are just enough differences to get confused, but I have a feeling once we are at the park and using it everything will make sense.

Anyways, I believe the answer to my question is yes, but hoping someone can verify that for me. I'm going with my brothers family this June and we will all be sharing MM. If my parents, who will not be going with us, create a MDE account and we link them to use, they will be able to view all of our MM photos, correct?

Also, it was mentioned that their is a download all photos option, when your ready to download you photos. Is it possible to download all your original photos when you first get home and then go back and add your borders, stickers, etc. and then download all your "edited" photos? Or once you download all your photos is that it. I like the added security of knowing that I have all the original photos on my computer, before I start editing them.

....Also, it was mentioned that their is a download all photos option, when your ready to download you photos. Is it possible to download all your original photos when you first get home and then go back and add your borders, stickers, etc. and then download all your "edited" photos? Or once you download all your photos is that it. I like the added security of knowing that I have all the original photos on my computer, before I start editing them.

Yes, you can download as many times as you want, so I do what you suggest - download them all, then go back and embellish and download the edited ones.

I just wanted to report that I had a missing group of photos from my trip, and I filled out the form that is linked at the top of this thread. I did that this afternoon and I just received a reply only about 5 hours later so that process worked for me.

It happened to be a very specific group of photos at Epcot in front of a Snow White topiary, so maybe easier to find. However the form allows for specific descriptions so if anyone finds themselves in this spot, be specific!

How do i download the photos all at once?
Either click 'My Photos' from the MDE drop down or go directly to MyDisneyPhotoPass.com. Once logged on, there will be a 'Download Photos' button. If you are using Memory Maker and have not activated it yet, there will be an option to do so.

This will be my first trip with MM. Do I need to visit the photo spot after rides to ensure ride photos and videos get properly linked to my MM account? Is there anything special I need to do to ensure the photos for everyone in my party get linked (we have 4 people going, and the MM is under my name, but I want to ensure I get all of our photos)? I just don't want to miss out on the ride photos by forgetting to do something!

Either click 'My Photos' from the MDE drop down or go directly to MyDisneyPhotoPass.com. Once logged on, there will be a 'Download Photos' button. If you are using Memory Maker and have not activated it yet, there will be an option to do so.

I did a "mass download" of what I thought would be all my photos by clicking the Download Photos button, but when I started working with them on my PC I realized some were missing. Fortunately we had not taken as many photos as usual this trip so it was relatively easy to identify which ones had not downloaded and then download them individually. The missing ones were mostly magic shots! So if you use the Download Photos button, compare the photos you get with the ones in your PhotoPass account to make sure you get them all.

Thank you! It worked.

I did a "mass download" of what I thought would be all my photos by clicking the Download Photos button, but when I started working with them on my PC I realized some were missing. Fortunately we had not taken as many photos as usual this trip so it was relatively easy to identify which ones had not downloaded and then download them individually. The missing ones were mostly magic shots! So if you use the Download Photos button, compare the photos you get with the ones in your PhotoPass account to make sure you get them all.
We were at the Springs right before we were leaving and I was able to into the photopass shop and I double checked all my photos and found the ones we were missing.

OK so my dad bought the memory maker and linked me. great. no problems. one time my husband went to get pictures with a character without me with my daughter...i can see them on my account and all mine and my dads. but my dad can only see mine not the one photo shoot from hubby. it says his magic band is already linked....so what am i doing wrong? i have his login so i can fix it but not sure what...my husband and kids are all under my account...thanks.

OK so my dad bought the memory maker and linked me. great. no problems. one time my husband went to get pictures with a character without me with my daughter...i can see them on my account and all mine and my dads. but my dad can only see mine not the one photo shoot from hubby. it says his magic band is already linked....so what am i doing wrong? i have his login so i can fix it but not sure what...my husband and kids are all under my account...thanks.

He also needs to link the family members on your account. It's pretty easy to do since the account is already linked. He should go into the family and friends select add a guest, make sure the first option of "find through my connected guests" is selected and then select all the other family members he is missing and and click done. You will get a notice to approve the link on your mde account but after that then everyone in the family is linked to him and he'll see all the photos. The same goes in reverse if your mom or other person on his account is linked you can see their photos by adding them and having him approve the link. The photos will immediately appear if they are not expired yet.

You can also use this method to find others in a traveling party that are linked with their own MDE account to someone else for situations where you have a lot of people on many mde accounts or a group of friends traveling together that all have different account and some are already linked to each other.

New photopass extra option started tonight...

At Epcot in front of the dragon topiary starting at 7:30PM you can have your photo taken with an illuminated lotus blossom flower. This is weather permitting and no word on how long it will be around, however the rupunzel lanterns has been extended at least once so it's probably safe to say as long as there is interest and crowds, it will be available.

note: start time will probably move later as the sunsets later in the night. aka, it needs to be dark to find this.

lotus-1200x675.jpg

Source and photo credit: http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/04/new-light-lotus-blossom-photo-op-now-available-china-epcot/ (click for full story)

Just to confirm, as an annual pass holder, I don't need to link anything on memory maker, photos will just appear on my MDE account once taken?

Is there a list of where to go for "magic" PP shots in the parks?

I think there's a lot of change in where and what magic shots are available, and in particular the photographer no longer needs a tripod. Mike Wazowski "followed us" around DHS one day in March (5 photos from different locations!), and I don't think any of the photographers had a tripod. So whenever you see a photographer, stop for a photo and ask them to do magic shots if they can.

Just to confirm, as an annual pass holder, I don't need to link anything on memory maker, photos will just appear on my MDE account once taken?

Photos will appear in your MDE whether you are an AP holder or not. The difference will be that they won't have the PhotoPass watermark across them, and you can download them immediately.

Photos will appear in your MDE whether you are an AP holder or not. The difference will be that they won't have the PhotoPass watermark across them, and you can download them immediately.
And I don't need to do any setting up or linking, they'll just start to appear?

There is some confusion here. Forget about memory maker and annual passes for a second. Anyone can take a photo and they will appear in their account. People who have been around WDW for years remember the days when you had to buy something to take photos, that stopped a few years ago and now anyone can take photos.

Now there is downloading those photos, memory maker is one download package and annual passholders have their own included in AP price downloading of all photos. Once you have your AP and it's linked to you then you will see the photos in your photopass account will no longer have a water mark and you can download them without paying extra. So all you need to do with an AP is get the pass and assign it to a person in the account.

I have a probably dumb and already answered question, but I don't have the time right now to read all 10 pages. We are at WDW right now and have done 1 of 5 days. I haven't bought memory maker yet. If I wait to buy it until I get home, will all of my photos from our trip be available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter