Everything about PhotoPass and Memory Maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to add, it's impossible to separate all the families at events like Jedi training, Belle, or Pirates since it's a large group and only one photographer, hence the cards. Take any of those cards into the view stations at each park and the photographer will load all the photos, have you pick out your family, and put only yours onto your account so you don't have to sift through all of them. Usually takes about 3 minutes or less.

Just to add, it's impossible to separate all the families at events like Jedi training, Belle, or Pirates since it's a large group and only one photographer, hence the cards. Take any of those cards into the view stations at each park and the photographer will load all the photos, have you pick out your family, and put only yours onto your account so you don't have to sift through all of them. Usually takes about 3 minutes or less.

My daughter is actually past the age to be doing that so this is new to me. To make sure I understand, those few events they take lots of photos and hand out photopass cards at the end and you get all the photos taken during it? I think I personally would want all the photos into the account so I can make sure I didn't miss any but this is good advice and I didn't know!

edited to add: by view stations do you mean the 1 store that is still the photography/photopass store or something else? quick googling didnt' come up with anything so it's hard to add that to post 1 if I can't say where you need to go.

My daughter is actually past the age to be doing that so this is new to me. To make sure I understand, those few events they take lots of photos and hand out photopass cards at the end and you get all the photos taken during it? I think I personally would want all the photos into the account so I can make sure I didn't miss any but this is good advice and I didn't know!

edited to add: by view stations do you mean the 1 store that is still the photography/photopass store or something else? quick googling didnt' come up with anything so it's hard to add that to post 1 if I can't say where you need to go.

Yes to the first! You can add them to your account yourself, but if you don't really want a lot of other people's pictures, it's an option.

And yes, they're the stores at each of the parks to view your photos.

I added information on how that works to post 1.. thanks @::Snow_White::

I also added information on the photopass studio in springs and about to add the prop photos they are testing by Rapunzel tower in mk.

Also some questions maybe others can help answer:
- what is the stores that have the photopass screens to review called. I know most parks have one to the left as you exit but i'm not 100% sure if that's correct and also I think MK has a second one in with the merchant of venus.

- Does the merchant of venus still offer the photopass photos with backgrounds you can select? (you take the picture inside the shop).

- Does anyone have any information about GameDay Photos (espn world wide of sports). I know the photos go to your photopass account, you need to link the gameday photos to your photopass account (how do you do this, do they give you something), and they request you schedule a photographer to be there if you want it and is there any fees for this???

- Does photopass studio in springs cost anythign (website just said where it was).

Last time I was at Disney in 2011, it was the Photopass system where I prepaid. I received a CD in the mail. The first "photo" was a Limited License agreement, which I printed on plan paper and took to Staples when I went to print the photo on a card. This was in case their printer person questioned that they were professional photographs and therefore had a copy right. I am not really worried about violating any copy rights, since I know I am going to print for personal use only and probably will print at home. Is there such a disclaimer document that comes with Memory Maker?

Last time I was at Disney in 2011, it was the Photopass system where I prepaid. I received a CD in the mail. The first "photo" was a Limited License agreement, which I printed on plan paper and took to Staples when I went to print the photo on a card. This was in case their printer person questioned that they were professional photographs and therefore had a copy right. I am not really worried about violating any copy rights, since I know I am going to print for personal use only and probably will print at home. Is there such a disclaimer document that comes with Memory Maker?

yes

Also some questions maybe others can help answer:
- what is the stores that have the photopass screens to review called. I know most parks have one to the left as you exit but i'm not 100% sure if that's correct and also I think MK has a second one in with the merchant of venus.

- Does the merchant of venus still offer the photopass photos with backgrounds you can select? (you take the picture inside the shop).

Technically they are called view stations. The only one at MK is at Town Square Theater where Mickey and Tinkerbell meet. Right now Hollywood Studios is at Sid Cahuenga's (left side when you enter the park by Donald M&G) because their old store is being refurbed. The one at AK is on the left side (I believe, haven't been there in awhile) and the one at Epcot is in the right leg of Spaceship Earth as you're walking into the park. The one you're thinking of at Mk is, I assume, amazing pics (they have one inside Tatooine Traders and Figment too) but those aren't included in Photopass. Any other view stations are ride specific, so Town Square is the only place to look at photopass pictures with staffed photopass photographers. But the last time I was in Venus they did have the amazing pics.

Question, if I don't buy MM ahead of time - mostly because I hate pictures and most of them turn out bad, lol - anyways if I don't purchase MM ahead of time. Is there an option to get a CD of the pictures taken while at the parks/rides/events when I get home? And if not, then say I only like a handful of pictures and I purchase them individually via download, then save them to a drive to take to CVS to print off copies - will I get any sort of disclaimer that I can show I have the right to print them? I know in the past I've made Christmas cards using Disney pictures and I had to show proof that I was allowed to reprint them.

Question, if I don't buy MM ahead of time - mostly because I hate pictures and most of them turn out bad, lol - anyways if I don't purchase MM ahead of time. Is there an option to get a CD of the pictures taken while at the parks/rides/events when I get home?

There is other options and you can look at the photopass site to see what they are now (CD is one of them). Note the price includes the download fee so if you pay for the download with a package (like memory maker) then that part of the CD price comes off. At least this is how I understand it.

And if not, then say I only like a handful of pictures and I purchase them individually via download, then save them to a drive to take to CVS to print off copies - will I get any sort of disclaimer that I can show I have the right to print them? I know in the past I've made Christmas cards using Disney pictures and I had to show proof that I was allowed to reprint them.

yes you get a license to use non-commercially with your photos downloaded in case you need to show it. you download and print it yourself now.

Thanks for this great thread. When you talk about being "linked" to someone else, I assume that just means people who are in your list of family and friends list?

:wizard:

Thanks for this great thread. When you talk about being "linked" to someone else, I assume that just means people who are in your list of family and friends list?

yes and no. Yes they will appear there and if you added your family, you're good to go. If your traveling with others that have their own MDE account, linking is what disney calls adding friends (or used too, they just changed the website and app in this area). Now it's just called add a friend. So if your in a big group, have friends or others in your traveling party that have their own mde account, that is what you want to link and you do that in the screen you pointed out.

OK. I thought I had a good handle on this but then I read the entire thread and am more confused!! OK so here goes. My husband bought the Memory Maker along with our room and tickets. He is "in charge" of our trip, He has Memory Maker Photos heading in his MDE online account. My daughter and I have our own MDE accounts but are linked to his account. All 3 of us can see all of the ADR's that I have made in our prospective MDE. From this I assume that we are all linked and ready to go once we get there . Who ever between the 3 of us has their "band" scanned we should be able to see everyone's pictures! Do I have it right? We are all set for our trip come July!! :)

OK. I thought I had a good handle on this but then I read the entire thread and am more confused!! OK so here goes. My husband bought the Memory Maker along with our room and tickets. He is "in charge" of our trip, He has Memory Maker Photos heading in his MDE online account. My daughter and I have our own MDE accounts but are linked to his account. All 3 of us can see all of the ADR's that I have made in our prospective MDE. From this I assume that we are all linked and ready to go once we get there . Who ever between the 3 of us has their "band" scanned we should be able to see everyone's pictures! Do I have it right? We are all set for our trip come July!! :)

I think that since you and your daughter have your own MDE accounts that your husband has to "invite" you to be connected (and you and your daughter have to accept his invitation), but otherwise, yes.

It sounds like you are setup and ready to go and understand it.

To clarify 1 point that might be missing and for anyone else that happens to read this, dad is linked to mom and daughter so he will see everyones photos and be able to use memory maker to edit and download all the photos and the edits made with his mde account. Any edits that mom or daughter make will not be downloadable by dad with memory maker but he will see the original photos, you want to make any edits/copies then edits logged in as dads account.

Now for mom and daughter to see each others photos they also need to be linked together. To find out if you are linked together both of you should go into your friends and family section (website or app) and see if each other appears in the friends and family list. If you don't, add from the same screen and you can use the add a guest option, find through my connected guests. Since both are linked to dad they should just appear to select. This might require dad to ok the invite but should go directly to the other person as you both have accounts and not managed by dad. (managed would be if mom and dad were on 1 account). don't assume that because you can see someone in the list, they also see you in the list. I ran into that problem recently with my parents where I had my mom in my account but my dad had removed me from his friends after a previous trip so we could see her photos or select her for adr or fastpasses.

To make sure it's clear, when I say see each other photos it means any photos that mom or daughter scanned with their bands or cards, including ride photos where dad was not joining you and automatically linked. (and I'll be adding this point to the first post shortly as I just assume it makes sense).

I started a new "troubleshooting (common fixes)" section in post #1 to help with common problems with photopass photos. If anyone has any other ideas for this section, please suggest. We're all in this together! (sorry/not sorry about the song now stuck in your head).

Or called memory maker photopass unlimited downloads. Disney marketing is designed to confuse you so you spend more than you need to.

Bryan - thanks for your great information! I was thoroughly confused at the beginning, and now I think it's starting to make sense! So I just want to clarify that my understanding is correct. I purchase AP and I get the ability to have all pictures taken by Photopass photographers saved for 1 year on my account. From within Photopass, I could add special frames and other stuff. Then I can download those photos onto a CD or drive and take them to a CVS or Walgreens or similar and pay to have them printed off, or print them off at home. I also have a Disney / Chase credit card so we can go to the specified places in EPCOT and DHS (I think) and get one free picture printed daily for free. Does that conflict in any way with the AP Photopass system?

Bryan - thanks for your great information! I was thoroughly confused at the beginning, and now I think it's starting to make sense! So I just want to clarify that my understanding is correct. I purchase AP and I get the ability to have all pictures taken by Photopass photographers saved for 1 year on my account. From within Photopass, I could add special frames and other stuff. Then I can download those photos onto a CD or drive and take them to a CVS or Walgreens or similar and pay to have them printed off, or print them off at home. I also have a Disney / Chase credit card so we can go to the specified places in EPCOT and DHS (I think) and get one free picture printed daily for free. Does that conflict in any way with the AP Photopass system?

All other offers are still available, it's just no additional cost downloads and expiration of 365 days that you get with the AP. You also have the option to print yourself or never print but you understand the rest just fine.

.... I also have a Disney / Chase credit card so we can go to the specified places in EPCOT and DHS (I think) and get one free picture printed daily for free. Does that conflict in any way with the AP Photopass system?

Now when you take the Chase Disney Visa photos at Epcot and DHS the photographer scans your MB and the photos appear in your PhotoPass account (and stay there for 365 days because of your AP), so you can download and print them yourself. They no longer print them for you. That means you get to keep all the poses instead of having to choose just one!

Thank you so much for this thread. I don't have time to read all the pages beyond the first two and my question is is there anything additional I need to do to "activate" or get memory maker to show up when I log on to MDE? I purchased MM at the advance $149 price on Sunday and received email confirmation of the purchase, but I don't see anything in MDE. Thank you :thumbsup2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter