Everything about PhotoPass and Memory Maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry I was vague about my trip dates. It's not this coming week, so I still have time to order within the 3 day prepurchase time period. As far as the PP studio at DS, I got the info off the MDE site which says no appt is needed and pics are included in an active MM package. I know sometimes the website is wrong, though, so... I guess I need to know if I can activate my MM at DS or if it has to be at a park? Thanks for taking the time to respond. :thanks:

They run specials time to time right now so it might be a no appointment period as it's a newer lesser known option right now. Studios is really confusing. Memory Maker is when you go to download your photos, it doesn't need to be activated to take photos, taking photos is free to everyone (if it's a free option and again studios is confusing and I barely understand it and it changes often.)

Looking for clarification on which photos will be available to me via Memory Maker downloads:

A linked friend is a FL resident and is taking new photopass pictures every few days. These are showing up in my account since we're linked. Our trip starts at the end of May.

1. If I pre-purchase Memory Maker, do I only get download access to photos taken 3 days after my purchase even though I can view the other photos taken well in advance of my trip? Or maybe a rolling 45 day window, except for the 3 days immediately following purchase, starting at first download and extending for 30 days? Gah.

2. I think I've read incorrect info about "Memory Maker windows" based on the first photo taken. Let me try to untangle myself: Is it correct that the existence or non-existence of photos in my account has no bearing on the span of time that Memory Maker covers? (i.e. I can download photos for 30 days after the first download. Period.)

Either Memory Maker is more complicated than Photopass+, the wording is just unnecessarily complex, or my brain has aged more than I thought.

Thanks for any clarification.

So here's a question I still haven't had answered (or my odd reading comprehension is getting to me).

My girlfriend and I are going on Marathon weekend, and she's running Dopey, I'm not. On Half Marathon day, I'm going to monorail from Epcot to MK, take some pictures of her, get back on the monorail back to Epcot, and wait for her at the finish. Full Marathon day, I'm going to jump around on Disney transportation as best I can to see her.

Now, she will be getting photopass pictures of her along the course, I presume. I shouldn't, though I wouldn't be entirely surprised if a candid shot of me managed to be taken.

Outside of the races, we'll be doing everything together, so that's not an issue. Our MDE accounts have been linked since the last trip, and everything so far this upcoming trip is still linked.

So now my question: should Memory Maker be under my account, her account, or does it ultimately not matter? I want to be the one downloading and manipulating the pictures, but her running pictures are more important than me chasing the next bus out of The Contemporary. Since our accounts are already linked, will any pictures of her without me still show up in my account?

A linked friend is a FL resident and is taking new photopass pictures every few days. These are showing up in my account since we're linked. Our trip starts at the end of May.

1. If I pre-purchase Memory Maker, do I only get download access to photos taken 3 days after my purchase even though I can view the other photos taken well in advance of my trip? Or maybe a rolling 45 day window, except for the 3 days immediately following purchase, starting at first download and extending for 30 days? Gah.

If you pay the pre-trip discounted price the photos you can download will start 3 days after the purchase date. If you pay the full price, any photo in your account will be downloadable.

You can start to download after you activate memory maker which can be before your trip if that works for you.

2. I think I've read incorrect info about "Memory Maker windows" based on the first photo taken. Let me try to untangle myself: Is it correct that the existence or non-existence of photos in my account has no bearing on the span of time that Memory Maker covers? (i.e. I can download photos for 30 days after the first download. Period.)

almost. You can download photos for 30 days after you activate memory maker. you can activate it and not start downloading right away if you wanted (I personally wouldn't) but you could.

So now my question: should Memory Maker be under my account, her account, or does it ultimately not matter? I want to be the one downloading and manipulating the pictures, but her running pictures are more important than me chasing the next bus out of The Contemporary. Since our accounts are already linked, will any pictures of her without me still show up in my account?

If you are linked then yes you'll see her photopass photos appear. It really doesn't matter which account memory maker is in, but you do pick who will be doing the downloading when purchased and it sounds like you want that to be you.

So here's a question I still haven't had answered (or my odd reading comprehension is getting to me).

My girlfriend and I are going on Marathon weekend, and she's running Dopey, I'm not. On Half Marathon day, I'm going to monorail from Epcot to MK, take some pictures of her, get back on the monorail back to Epcot, and wait for her at the finish. Full Marathon day, I'm going to jump around on Disney transportation as best I can to see her.

Now, she will be getting photopass pictures of her along the course, I presume. I shouldn't, though I wouldn't be entirely surprised if a candid shot of me managed to be taken.

Outside of the races, we'll be doing everything together, so that's not an issue. Our MDE accounts have been linked since the last trip, and everything so far this upcoming trip is still linked.

We were in this situation last Marathon Weekend. We did the 5K "with" DD & DSiL but they were in a corral far ahead of us and actually finished shortly after we started! Every one of their photos showed up in both our PhotoPass accounts but I downloaded them because I have an AP (which in essence is MM). So if you want to be the one to download, put MM under your account.

If you pay the pre-trip discounted price the photos you can download will start 3 days after the purchase date. If you pay the full price, any photo in your account will be downloadable.

You can start to download after you activate memory maker which can be before your trip if that works for you.

Ah, thanks for the clarification. So, really it behooves you to pre-purchase as early as possible if any of your linked friends/family will be taking photos outside of your vacation dates (subject to the usual 45 day photo expiration policy) OR pay the full price, if it's important to you.

Good grief. Why is this so confusing?

Finally found the terms (listed immediately before confirming your purchase). I see now that at the pre-purchase price only, your MM window is 30 days long starting when you "first download or unlock any Disney PhotoPass photo or other digital content on mydisneyphotopass.com or the My Disney Experience app". And "unexpired photos and other digital content that are in your Disney account prior to the start of your Memory Maker Window are not included in your Memory Maker purchase."

Actually, though, this doesn't make any sense. It claims that your window starts at the beginning of the day when you first download a photo, but then it says any photos in your account before your window starts are inaccessible. Under that reading, the only way to access all of your photos would be to activate MM and/or download a photo before your second day of photos.

I know that if the information in this thread was inaccurate, there'd be corrections, but it's annoying to have to agree to terms that can't possibly explain how the thing actually works.

• If you have purchased standard (30 days) Memory Maker at the advance purchase price, you must wait at least three (3) days after the date Memory Maker was purchased before your Memory Maker Window can begin. After that time, your Memory Maker Window begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time on the date you first download or unlock any Disney PhotoPass photo or other digital content on mydisneyphotopass.com or the My Disney Experience app , and ends on the 30th day following such download or unlock date at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time. When purchased at the advance purchase price, unexpired photos and other digital content that are in your Disney account prior to the start of your Memory Maker Window are not included in your Memory Maker purchase.

Good grief. Why is this so confusing?

I agree the wording is poor.. In reality the system does this: If you paid the full price, you get everything in your account. If you paid the discounted advanced price, photos prior to that 3 day window are not downloadable. The 3 day window is from time of purchase, not time of activation. People activate and start downloading it after their trip all the time with no problems. The key things are did you pay the discounted price and has there been 3 days between that purchase and the first photo you want was taken.

How did I miss this...I cannot believe I have to download these pictures ONE at a time. All I have to say to Disney is "Are you out of your mind?"! Grrrrrr! Does anyone know if Disney has any plans to change this?

How did I miss this...I cannot believe I have to download these pictures ONE at a time. All I have to say to Disney is "Are you out of your mind?"! Grrrrrr! Does anyone know if Disney has any plans to change this?
The PhotoPass website will allow you to download all of them. It will create one or more zip (compressed) files containing your photos.

Deleted. I'll just ask in live chat on the DisneyWorld site. No biggie. :)

Last edited:
Deleted. I'll just ask in live chat on the DisneyWorld site. No biggie. :)

It's a shame you deleted it. Your question and the answer you find another way might be helpful to someone else trying to find the same answer. Please consider coming back and posting about your situation and it's resolution.

I'm sure this has been asked, but there are hundreds of posts to this thread, so I'm asking again. My daughter's basketball team is going to DWWoS for a tournament the week after Christmas 2017 (Dec 26-30). Is there a way for me to get a Memory Maker that we can have all of the girls' pictures in the parks uploaded to?

I was last at Disney in 2011 and pre-purchased the PhotoPass just for our family, so I understand how that works as long as I can remember all the details. By the time I was done editing, I had a CD with around 300 pictures on it. That's what I would like to do again, but for the whole team instead of just our family. I know nothing about Magic Bands or Memory Maker. I know that the girls will be in the parks for 4 days, and I would like to have a way to get all of the pictures in one place so we can all have access to them after the trip. Most likely, they will tour the parks in groups of 2-6 separate from all of the adults (because teenage girls don't want to hang w/their parents).

Is this even possible? Please help the confused basketball mom!!

Does Disney still offer the one day memory maker? It is not publicized on their website. We are doing MK one day, then spending a 2nd day at Disney Springs and having brunch at Chef Mickey's. Taking 2x one day MM would be beneficial for me!

Does Disney still offer the one day memory maker? It is not publicized on their website. We are doing MK one day, then spending a 2nd day at Disney Springs and having brunch at Chef Mickey's. Taking 2x one day MM would be beneficial for me!
Yes. The option will only be available in the MDE mobile app once you have pictures taken for the day you want to purchase it for.

I'm sure this has been asked, but there are hundreds of posts to this thread, so I'm asking again. My daughter's basketball team is going to DWWoS for a tournament the week after Christmas 2017 (Dec 26-30). Is there a way for me to get a Memory Maker that we can have all of the girls' pictures in the parks uploaded to?

I was last at Disney in 2011 and pre-purchased the PhotoPass just for our family, so I understand how that works as long as I can remember all the details. By the time I was done editing, I had a CD with around 300 pictures on it. That's what I would like to do again, but for the whole team instead of just our family. I know nothing about Magic Bands or Memory Maker. I know that the girls will be in the parks for 4 days, and I would like to have a way to get all of the pictures in one place so we can all have access to them after the trip. Most likely, they will tour the parks in groups of 2-6 separate from all of the adults (because teenage girls don't want to hang w/their parents).

Is this even possible? Please help the confused basketball mom!!

The system has changed since you were last there, you no longer need to prepurchase to use photopass but that's not really the question.

There is a few answers to this and it comes down to how the group leader setup everyone..

First, the direct answer is you need to be linked to every single person who is going on that trip to get every picture from everyone. you do that from the friends and family section of the website or app. Then their pictures will appear and you can download the images. "their pictures" means their band was detected on a ride, the scanned it with a photographer or a photographer gave them a photopass card that they linked to their account (which is very common for game day photos where they might hand everyone a card(s) with all the photos taken).

Now where it gets tricky is is how the group leader is planning to setup everyone. That's really something you need to discuss and then if there is no obvious way to get everyone linked together for photos we can try to give you a hand once you know how they are setting up the trip.

I just wanted to share the answer to a question I posted earlier in the thread, that I can no longer find. Sorry..

You CANNOT combine photos from Disneyland in California with photos from Disney World in Florida into ONE Memory Maker purchase, even if they are within 30 days of each other.

We had 2 trips a week apart, one at Disneyland and one at Disney World. We were hoping to buy all photos from both trips with the Memory Maker. The photo pass program for each location is completely separate and according to the manager we spoke to, completely incompatible with each other. They tried to copy the photos from our Disneyland Photopass account and import them into the Disney World account - but they would not transfer.

We were bummed, but in the end it just cost us an extra $40 to get all the photos from both trips.

This is a wonderful thread, thanks for posting it and for all your amazing comments. I have two quick questions if you don't mind. I'm an AP and love the added perk of the free photopass!

1. In September my DBF and I are planning on doing a day at the Typhoon Lagoon (I haven't been since I was a kid). I can't seem to find any information if there are PP locations at the waterparks. Are there any?

2. I ran the Princess a few years ago and there were no PP on the course, but based on the posts I read above, it sounds like there might be PP locations on the RunDisney courses now. Are there? I'm doing the WDW Half in January and that would be so fun!

Thanks for all your kind help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter