Everything about PhotoPass and Memory Maker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. I have the Silver Pass which does not include downloads. If I upgrade to Gold at some point down the road would I be able to download all my existing ride photos or just those taken after the upgrade? Is there a 3 day waiting period like with Memory Maker?
Any pictures/videos taken in the last year should reappear in your Disney PhotoPass account. No waiting period.

2. For the $59/1 Day MM, would I be able to get my AP discount if I bought in a store ($47.20 + tax)? Since I get it with individual downloads, $59 would break even at 5 photos ($12/ea. with AP discount), but $59 - 20% would break even at 4 photos.
Not sure if the 1day MM is discountable.

We have free Memory Maker as part of our package. We are less than 7 weeks to our trip but it still isn't showing in MDE. Do I need to contact technical support or am I right in thinking it should show after we arrive ?

I just got MemoryMaker for our October trip. I usually don't purchase this (plus, being one of the least photogenic people in the world, I hate being photographed) but the trip is for my parents' 50th anniversary, and after the trip I'm going to put together a video of my photos and my siblings' photos and give it to Mom and Dad for a souvenir.

@Auntie_Maim I assure you, you're at least the 2nd least photogenic person in the world, after me, lol. The good thing about PP is they take so many pics, there is bound to be at least SOME that are decent. I started off with about 300 pics from my trip last week and I've been slowly deleting the hideous ones of myself....I am now down to about 150 pics (im not in all of them, the majority of them are just DD but I did force myself to get in a good number of them). I will probably end up with like 15-20 "acceptable" pics of myself once I'm done deleting all the offensive ones lol.

Have they discontinued the option to buy single photographs? I'm trying to buy pics now and I'm not seeing it anywhere

Have they discontinued the option to buy single photographs? I'm trying to buy pics now and I'm not seeing it anywhere

I wouldn't think they'd do that. I don't see the single download option for my ride photo from this past Saturday on the MDE App, but it is there on the PhotoPass website - https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com
Sometimes one will have something the other doesn't. You should also be able to buy one in the gift shop when you get off most rides. The nice thing with the gift shops is I can get my AP discount unlike on the App/Website.

Does only downloading photos activate the Memory Makers 30 days? Am I able to edit photos without that starting the 30 day clock? I can't remember from last time if editing the photos meant I had to activate memory maker. Thanks!

Is PP included in the MVMCP ticket? It was for the Halloween party at DLR this year, so just wondering and trying to calculate if MM or single days will be best option for our trip.

Is PP included in the MVMCP ticket? It was for the Halloween party at DLR this year, so just wondering and trying to calculate if MM or single days will be best option for our trip.
The OP of this thread is no longer a member of DIS.

Photopass photos are not included with Party Tickets. DL and WDW are separate entities and Photopass Photos and 1-day Memory Maker are not included with WDW Hard ticket Party tickets. They must be purchased separately.

Hello, thank you for this thread, it was very helpful! I have one question, though.

If I buy the Memory Maker at Disney Springs and go to the parks 3 days after, can I get the advance purchase price? Do they have this option onsite or is it only online?

I want to avoid international credit card fees and I will arrive in Orlando 3 days before going to the parks, so I thought about going to Disney Springs on my fist day and buy Memory Maker, but only if they have the advanced purchase option.

OK....I read the first posts and scanned more, and I'm looking for confirmation of some things more than anything else. :)

Our party has six people (two separate reservations at the same resort). I'm the only one with an actual MDE log-in (I made all the FP+ for us and ADRs), but the others show up on mine (Friends & Family). I purchased Memory Maker when we booked our trip.

Now, if, say my parents go on a ride and or get a PP photo taken and scan one of their bands, that photo should be available through my Memory Maker, correct? (They're the separate reservation.)

Also, I was just looking through my MDE app. (We leave in 11 days.) It still says "buy Memory Maker" and offers me a chance to link it to the account. On the website, it also offers the chance to link Memory Maker.

If I link it now, it doesn't activate anything, right? When do I activate it? When we get there? After we're home and want photos? I'd like to be able to see pics while at the parks, but I'm a little confused.

Any advice appreciated!

Edited to add: OK, it looks like the first thing is no trouble. :) That's awesome.

I've found our MM confirmation number on the number in my MDE account. Do I still need to link the app?

I'm giving myself a headache and it's probably far simpler than I'm making it out to be. :)

Last edited:
Sorry, but I am still confused. I am going to use Photo Pass for our upcoming trip. I have Magic Bands. I went to the Photo Pass section of my account and tried to enter my Magic Band number. It didn't work. Do I need to have a photo taken before I link my Magic Band to my Photo Pass account? If so, does the photographer just scan my Magic Band and then later I will be able to go into my account and enter my Magic Band number? Thanks!

Sorry, but I am still confused. I am going to use Photo Pass for our upcoming trip. I have Magic Bands. I went to the Photo Pass section of my account and tried to enter my Magic Band number. It didn't work. Do I need to have a photo taken before I link my Magic Band to my Photo Pass account? If so, does the photographer just scan my Magic Band and then later I will be able to go into my account and enter my Magic Band number? Thanks!
When you have a Photopass photog take your photo, he will scan your MB.

That’s all he does and that’s all you need to do.

Later in the day when you open your MDE app, all those photos will be in your account.

If your MagicBand is linked to your My Disney Experience account, when you go to the parks, just have the Photopass Photographer take your picture and scan your band.

The Picture will then show under "My Photos" in the app on your phone. If you haven't paid for Memory maker, you'll see the pictures with a "water mark" on them, and you'll have to purchase pictures one a time in order to download them. If you purchased Memory Maker (so you pay the one time fee for the ability to download all the pictures/videos), your pictures wont have the water mark.

Until you take your first picture and have your band scanned, if you look at "My Photos" in the app, you will likely see a screen that prompts to purchase Memory Maker, even if you already did.

We have a split stay, 1 day in the parks; then off to a cruise. Back to the parks for 3 more days. Can we buy the advance purchase option that will cover all 4 park days? Or is this by reservation?
TIA

We have a split stay, 1 day in the parks; then off to a cruise. Back to the parks for 3 more days. Can we buy the advance purchase option that will cover all 4 park days? Or is this by reservation?
TIA
No, it is not by reservation. The advance purchase has to be made at least 3 days before your first picture is taken. Pictures can continue to be taken for 30 days AFTER your FIRST picture has been DOWNLOADED. Each picture will expire 45 days after it is taken.

You will have absolutely no problem getting your 4 days worth of park pictures, unless your cruise is longer than 40 days :)

I am having a difficult time figuring out dates. Purchased the memory maker Jan 20th. Have not downloaded anything yet, does the MM expire 30 days from Jan 20th or is it 30 days from 1st download ?

I am having a difficult time figuring out dates. Purchased the memory maker Jan 20th. Have not downloaded anything yet, does the MM expire 30 days from Jan 20th or is it 30 days from 1st download ?
30 days from first download.

You can add photos to the Memory Maker up to 30 days after your first DOWNLOAD . .. but keep in mind that each photo will expire 45 days after it was taken, so at day 46, if you haven't downloaded anything yet, while you will still be able to add new photos, the photos you had taken on the first day will be deleted before you have the opportunity to download them.

Thank You , I think I can make it work. I have not downloaded any pics yet, for I was wanting to use it on March 1 at the DAH party so I believe I will be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter