• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Early Theme Park Entry (ETPE) - Please Read Post 1

We were at WDW on Genie+ launch week, and we were allowed to enter HWS at 7:30 when the early entry time was 8:30. We were about 20 people back in the Rise line, and they took us on a long and winding walk throughout GE before entering the queue. The ride had problems and did not start at expected time. We waited 20-25 minutes while people worked on ride. Went to MMRR after Rise and just made it to the line before non-resort guests started to enter. We felt that early entry was beneficial at HWS but not at MK. We arrived at MK around 7:40, but we were much further back in the large group. They held us until 8:30, and by the time we could find the end of the line to 7DMT, it was further back than we were willing to wait (past Big Top Souvenirs), so we went to Space Mt. The line was long, and we exited ride around 9:20.

This is all amazing information and I want to thank everyone for sharing it. We will be arriving in two weeks, we have Genie+, and will be going to HS, EP, and then MK for our three park days. Rope dropping HS is definitely going to be something we will be doing.

Because of the ILL$$$ rides, we can now put a price on the ETPE benefit. It is the cost of one ILL$$$ ride multiplied by however many people in your room. So, look at the list of ILL$$$ rides and figure out which one you'd RD on each of your park days. Take the cost of those and multiply that by the number of people, and mentally add that to the price of the off-site hotel/airbnb. Add in whatever parking charges. Now you are comparing apples-to-apples. It might turn out that off-site is more expensive but preferred. Although the family suites are expensive.
Thank you, this is a really helpful perspective.

I want to know what time you may tap into the parks.

If posted opening time is 9am, early entry is 8:30. Am I understanding that you may tap and enter the park at 7:30am? About what time does the line begin to form at the gate?

I want to know what time you may tap into the parks.

If posted opening time is 9am, early entry is 8:30. Am I understanding that you may tap and enter the park at 7:30am? About what time does the line begin to form at the gate?
Each park seems to differ and isn't always consistent from day to day.

Post 1 has the information for each specific park that guests have shared in this thread.

I read Post 1 and found it confusing. I don't do well with inconsistency. Here's what I understand:

MK (9am): Early entry begins at 8:30. Arrive at 7:30. Leave resort at 7am.
AKL (8am): Early entry begins at 7:30. Arrive at 6:30. Leave resort at 6am.
EPCOT(10am): Early entry begins at 9:30. Arrive at 8:30. Leave resort at 8am.
DHS (9am): Early entry begins at 8:30. Arrive at 7:30. Leave resort at 7am.

Does this sound about right? I'm just wondering what time the tap gate opens. Opening times were also inconsistent during my September trip but it was generally 45 minutes before posted opening time. Was this practice for early entry?

RANT: I want a time that is the same everyday given the posted opening time. I like to be on time, not 20 minutes late. Given the expense of the vacation, I don't think that's to much to ask. I am not a fan of leaving the resort 2 hours before posted opening times just in case the turn styles open early. Why all the secrets??

I read Post 1 and found it confusing. I don't do well with inconsistency. Here's what I understand:

Does this sound about right? I'm just wondering what time the tap gate opens. Opening times were also inconsistent during my September trip but it was generally 45 minutes before posted opening time. Was this practice for early entry?

RANT: I want a time that is the same everyday given the posted opening time. I like to be on time, not 20 minutes late. Given the expense of the vacation, I don't think that's to much to ask. I am not a fan of leaving the resort 2 hours before posted opening times just in case the turn styles open early. Why all the secrets??
I'm sorry you find it confusing as that was never my intent. Please understand that ETPE has only been offered for a month and actual times are not published by Disney. I've done my best to collect the data provided by other guests (Thanks to all who have shared!!) and that it is inconsistent because there is inconsistency in what is being done at the parks. Each day at each park seems to differ a little bit.

If you want the most consistency my best suggestion is to arrive at your resort transportation 90 mins before ETPE begins. It will give you the best chances to be at the front of transportation and front of the lines at the park. Transportation will likely not be running 90 mins before ETPE but, you will be towards the front of the line when it does start running.

I hope this clarifies things a bit.

If there's one thing Disney Is consistent about, it's inconsistency.

It sucks for those of us that get 1 trip per year or less, but that's the way it is. The best way to control some of this is by staying at one of the echo lake resorts as it allows you to walk to two of the parks, meaning you're not elbowing for a position on the bus the days you hit up Epcot and Hollywood Studios. Unfortunately, staying there doesn't work for everyone either.

Second best option is if you can have your own car so you're not reliant on Disney transportation and jockeying for line position at the bus stop. You can get to your car 45 minutes before ETPE begins and drive to the park and likely be among the early arrivals.

Epcot Early Entry Report from TUESDAY 11/2:

- We took a Friendship boat from the Swan and entered via the IG of course
- At 8:50 they moved us to IG tapstiles.
- At 9:00 they let us up to Canada (usual stopping point)
- At 9:27 they let us go
- We walked directly to TT - posted 30 min wait but we were near front of pack. We finished designing cars at 9:42. We were off and did a bathroom stop.
- Jumped in line for Soarin at 10:04 (so ahead of the off-site peasants, LOL) with a 10 min. posted wait and walked all the way down the ramp for boarding. Off around 10:30.

Magic Kingdom Early Entry Report from WEDNESDAY 11/3:

We took a bus from the Boardwalk - caught it at 7:15am (walked right on to a bus ready to depart, what luck!

- 8:30 We got on the 2nd car of the day at Space Mtn.
- 8:50 Pooh
- 9:05 Tea Cups
- 9:15 Dumbo
- 9:20 Barnstormer - were in a short line here.
- 9:30 Little Mermaid

This set us up really well for the whole day. We accomplished 18 attractions overall today including both Princess M&Gs and all major rides besides Jungle Cruise.

On a busy day it might be helpful. Example, we are staying at the Swan and did Hollywood Studios today. We walked into the park about 8:20 and walked right onto MFSR at 8:30. Rode and immediately rode again - off second ride at 9:05. Then rode TSMM walk on, then RRC with a 30 min standby. By 10:15, we had done those 4 rides and it was starting to get crowded - hour plus waits for MFSR, SDD and ROTR. If you also had Genie Plus (as we did), you could start using it in the afternoon.
What time did you get to HS and what time did you leave the Swan to get there?

Magic Kingdom Early Entry Report from WEDNESDAY 11/3:

We took a bus from the Boardwalk - caught it at 7:15am (walked right on to a bus ready to depart, what luck!

- 8:30 We got on the 2nd car of the day at Space Mtn.
- 8:50 Pooh
- 9:05 Tea Cups
- 9:15 Dumbo
- 9:20 Barnstormer - were in a short line here.
- 9:30 Little Mermaid

This set us up really well for the whole day. We accomplished 18 attractions overall today including both Princess M&Gs and all major rides besides Jungle Cruise.

Were you also using Genie + or just starting early was enough?

I just booked a last minute trip for next week. I normally book months in advance and am prepared but I feel so nervous about this one! We will be staying onsite and taking advantage of early entry. When we were there in May, they were letting guests in up to an hour before official opening time. What about now? If early entry starts at 7:30, what time should we be at the gates? Specifically at MK and AK.

I just booked a last minute trip for next week. I normally book months in advance and am prepared but I feel so nervous about this one! We will be staying onsite and taking advantage of early entry. When we were there in May, they were letting guests in up to an hour before official opening time. What about now? If early entry starts at 7:30, what time should we be at the gates? Specifically at MK and AK.
Your post has been merged with Everything Early park Entry thread. Post 1 contains answers to all the questions you’ve asked and you’ll be all set.

Have a great trip!

We just got back. We did early entry for MK, Epcot, and HS. In general, we were able to do 1 headliner (that was a $ individual lightening lane) and get in line for a second attraction before everyone else was let in at the regular opening time. We stayed at the Contemporary. Times were approximately:

MK - left hotel at 8 am, walked, was let right in. They scan your magic band and then hold you at the bridge to either Space or Seven Dwarfs. We were in line by 8:15, and choose space which was much less crowded. At exactly 8:30 they walked us to space. We got off the ride, and slowly walked to thunder mountain (held at the tangled bathrooms). We were able to ride both thunder and splash before 9:30.
HS - was on a bus at 7:35. We were allowed to go right in. At HS they let you pick which ride you want to go on first, and let you wait in the que. We did Mickey’s runaway railway. We were in line by 8:10. They started letting people on the ride at exactly 8:30. We were off the ride by 8:45, walked to smugglers run where we waited about 10 mins to ride.

Epcot - on the monorail from the contemporary at 8:30. Once in Epcot you could choose to wait either on the test track side or sorin side. We choose test track. At exactly 9:30 they started walking us slowly to test track (and frozen). The ride did not start until About 9:40. We were off the ride right before 10. We walked to Sorin. And had about a 15 minute wait.

Feel free to ask any question!

For anyone that has been to the park recently what are the opening procedures for the parks now? Do they hold you outside the park until 30 minutes before officially opening or are you allowed in earlier? Any information is greatly appreciated.

For anyone that has been to the park recently what are the opening procedures for the parks now? Do they hold you outside the park until 30 minutes before officially opening or are you allowed in earlier? Any information is greatly appreciated.
What time do the parking lots open. Specifically Hollywood studios!
Your posts have both been merged with the Everything Early Park Entry thread. Post 1 has answers to all of your questions plus a lot of other helpful tips that have been shared by those using the ETPE option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter