Everything Early Theme Park Entry (ETPE) - Please Read Post 1

What day(s) are you eligible for ETPE? The morning that you check in, or the morning AFTER your night’s stay?

Apologies if this is more transportation related, but does anyone know what time the monorail to Epcot from the TTC starts operating? Is it early enough to take advantage of ETPE?

Not sure I have seen this addressed yet. We have an upcoming on-site stay and will be taking advantage of early entry. However we normally rent a rental car as we like the flexibility vs the bus system.
Has Disney shifted the opening parking times yet to accomdacte getting in early enough to still be towards the front?

Not sure I have seen this addressed yet. We have an upcoming on-site stay and will be taking advantage of early entry. However we normally rent a rental car as we like the flexibility vs the bus system.
Has Disney shifted the opening parking times yet to accomdacte getting in early enough to still be towards the front?
Your post is being merged with the Everything Early Entry thread. Post 1 is full of ETPE information including parking.

Last edited:
I assume the point is to not just arrive 30 min before scheduled open - likely sooner than that. What are you all finding to be the best plan for each park?

We tried to get there 15 minutes before (early) open -- we were never first in line, but we also never waited very long for whatever line we did get in first (i.e. - Frozen, Mickey & Minnie Runaway Rail, Flight of Passage, 7DMT, RoTR) -- I will say RoTR was the one that surprised me because even with that, it had a 45 minute wait time posted when we got there - but it was also only really maybe 30 in practice.

If staying at the Polynesian, would it be better to take the monorail or buses for rope dropping Early entry to Magic Kingdom?

Until someone else answers who has stated there, you may wish to ask at the resort if there is a bus to MK. I’ve never heard of that being an option. Personally I would take the monorail.

If staying at the Polynesian, would it be better to take the monorail or buses for rope dropping Early entry to Magic Kingdom?
Until someone else answers who has stated there, you may wish to ask at the resort if there is a bus to MK. I’ve never heard of that being an option. Personally I would take the monorail.
They only run buses to MK from Poly if the monorail is not scheduled to run or is not running due to malfunction. I don't know when the monorail starts running. I don't know if they are running during EE, probably are, but there is also the little boats from Poly directly to MK, the launches. You can also walk to the TTC and catch the ferry, assuming they are running for EE.

They only run buses to MK from Poly if the monorail is not scheduled to run or is not running due to malfunction. I don't know when the monorail starts running. I don't know if they are running during EE, probably are, but there is also the little boats from Poly directly to MK, the launches. You can also walk to the TTC and catch the ferry, assuming they are running for EE.
Monorails will definitely be running in time to get guests to MK for Early Theme Park Entry.

Boats are not accessible to all guests so the monorails will be running for sure.

We just got into AK EARLY AT 7:15 and are resort guests. We purchased the LL for Pandora and was going to Hop on the safari but have a rope holding people back. Does anyone know when they drop that rope?
Thanks

Pam

We just got into AK EARLY AT 7:15 and are resort guests. We purchased the LL for Pandora and was going to Hop on the safari but have a rope holding people back. Does anyone know when they drop that rope?
Thanks

Pam

It should be a half hour before park opening.

Thanks

Pam
Your question has been raised with the Early Theme Park Entry post.

@loranae is correct that the rope should drop approx 30 mins before the park opens but the challenge is you're heading to Safari that does not open until 8:15.

Post has a lot of helpful information including which rides are running during ETPE. Unfortunately Safari is not one of those rides. It typically does not start running until 8:15AM.

Hollywood Studios-30min early entry....what rides (if any) actually start running BEFORE 8:30am? I am seeing they are letting people in much earlier than 8:30am but are they just waiting in lines for 8:30am?
We were going to head to Runaway Railway as soon as we enter the park but maybe that's not a good plan if other rides start running prior to 8:30.

Hollywood Studios-30min early entry....what rides (if any) actually start running BEFORE 8:30am? I am seeing they are letting people in much earlier than 8:30am but are they just waiting in lines for 8:30am?
We were going to head to Runaway Railway as soon as we enter the park but maybe that's not a good plan if other rides start running prior to 8:30.
Post 1 lists are the rides that are normally running in each park for ETPE.

Guests are allowed into the park more than 30 mins before officially posted park opening but are held in select areas until the park opens for ETPE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter