Everything Early Theme Park Entry (ETPE) - Please Read Post 1

My understanding is that both entrances open at the same time so for this one attraction IG guests are at a definite advantage for arriving first.

Guests at other resorts who want to enter via IG could take a bus to DHS then Skyliner, walk or Friendship boat to Epcot. Not ideal but an option.
I might actually do that.....bus to DHS and then walk over to Epcot IG.

Thanks for the creative solution.

What are the rope drop situations like these days at DHS and MK?
I haven't been inside the parks in over a year and would like to know what time to arrive in order to be front of the line for Rope Drop.
Thanks!

Front as in the first person or front as in you want to be one of the first few hundred? 7:30 for an 8:30 early admission should get you at or very near the front but it probably isn't necessary for all strategies first thing.

We just returned on Monday, we drove to DHS & bussed to MK. On our MK days we got to the turnstiles by 7:45(we had to activate our AP's). The rope for 7 Dwarves was over by the Tea Cups & we had about 200 people ahead of us. For DHS there was no rope drop per say. We pulled into our parking spot @ about 7:40AM, then we were held at the turnstiles with about 25 people ahead of us. Once they let us in the park there was no rope, you could head directly to the attraction of your choice and queue up in a line outside of the attraction. We did MMRR one day & Slinky the other. We were within the first 25-50 people both days. We definitely much preferred how they did opening at DHS.

What are the rope drop situations like these days at DHS and MK?
I haven't been inside the parks in over a year and would like to know what time to arrive in order to be front of the line for Rope Drop.
Thanks!
Are you staying onsite or offsite?

Front as in the first person or front as in you want to be one of the first few hundred? 7:30 for an 8:30 early admission should get you at or very near the front but it probably isn't necessary for all strategies first thing.
Not THE first, just in the first wave is fine.
Are you staying onsite or offsite?

We are onsite at POFQ. Plan to drive to DHS and bus to MK.

Not THE first, just in the first wave is fine.

We are onsite at POFQ. Plan to drive to DHS and bus to MK.
Thanks. I'm going to merge your post with the, 'Everything Early Theme Park Entry' thread as that thread covers exactly what you're looking for. Please read post 1 as it has a lot of great information re: timing, transportation, what's open, etc.

When rope dropping EPCOT and entering from international gateway, how does this work? how far you allowed in to the park before being stopped? I am trying to determine if I would be at a disadvantage entering EPCOT from there if trying to rode drop test track or soarin.

When rope dropping EPCOT and entering from international gateway, how does this work? how far you allowed in to the park before being stopped? I am trying to determine if I would be at a disadvantage entering EPCOT from there if trying to rode drop test track or soarin.

Your questions have been merged with the 'Everything Early Theme Park Opening' thread. Post 1 has information that answers all of these questions.

Per your disadvantage question, no, IG guests would not be at a disadvantage for TT or Soarin'.

Last edited:
Has anyone here done Remy right at Early Entry opening?

How long was the wait, and when did you complete the ride?

pushed the wrong button. I did it a few days ago. At 9:10 I was in the Remy line, and at 9:40 I got done with the ride. Not sure how much was wait/how much was ride. Maybe 20/10?

We did it on Sunday 1/16. They let us tap in about 8:45. They started taking people on the ride about 9:05. We were off the ride around 9:20.

We did it on Sunday 1/16. They let us tap in about 8:45. They started taking people on the ride about 9:05. We were off the ride around 9:20.

Thank you for the information. Did Epcot open at 9:00 that day? And did it take you from 8:30 to 8:45 to get from park entrance to Remy?

We will be entering the park from the International Gateway, so I'm thinking that may put us well ahead all of the guests who enter Epcot from the main entrance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter