Everything Early Theme Park Entry (ETPE) - Please Read Post 1

If Animal Kingdom opens at 7:30 a.m. early entry guests scan in when? Do they start scanning the first people right at 7 at the turnstiles?
If DHS and Epcot open at 8:30 what time should be be at the turnstiles for early entry?
MK is opening at 9 a.m. to everyone, we should be at the turnstiles at 8:30 or even ealier?

We leave in a few days. Thanks!

I've read the pinned post and a lot of this entire thread and have a timing worked out for AK 7:30am park open (ETPE for 7am) and arriving at 6:15am. We totally understand the value of early morning access but it just seems crazy early for a vacation day :( If anyone has experience with a 7am ETPE AK day would love to hear about it.

We are staying at Kidani village, have a car, and we are "fast" walkers. Our priority is on riding FoP.

So following the advice here the timing would be something like this

~5:30am wake up
~5:50am depart AK Kidani Village (car)
~6:00am at parking lot

~6:15am in queue for park entry
~6:30am turnstiles open
~6:50am in queue for FoP

Thanks.
So exhausting. We have an extraordinary situation (medical) that will have my DH getting up at 3:30 a.m. to have that kind of early start!

3:30 is extremely early! We had great success arriving at AK mid-afternoon and staying until park close if you’re looking for another option.

That does sound more appealing. I don't know how to make those changes when we are meeting other folks there, however. Our first day is AK. Mid day break--required so that DH can leave to go get more medical treatment and then hopping to Epcot for dinner with others. I don't really see a way out of it. If he really does rise at 3:30 our first day it will actually feel like 2:30 because of the time zone we're used to. Also, he usually doesn't get back to our hotel until well after midnight from his final medical treatment. This is why we are so very disappointed to not be able to book our rides (3 of them) ahead of time! We're working on DAS (never tried to get one until this trip) but with no success so far. If he has to wait for guest services in person that first day, well, not sure how that helps the time frame of that first AK day.

We're working on DAS (never tried to get one until this trip) but with no success so far. If he has to wait for guest services in person that first day, well, not sure how that helps the time frame of that first AK day.
Does he qualify for getting the DAS pass online? I honestly don’t know how that works, but if you haven’t checked it out already, the disABILITIES! forum might help with his overall situation, not just with the DAS pass.

So I know Rise opens at around 8am when magic hrs start at 830am, but what some of the other big rides? From what I have read, sounds like slinky is a hard 830 opener, but is that really the case? What about falcon and railway? I would assume falcon opens up early like rise but don't know for sure. If you got to the park say at 8am, what are you allowed to do?

Thanks in advance for the help!

So I know Rise opens at around 8am when magic hrs start at 830am, but what some of the other big rides? From what I have read, sounds like slinky is a hard 830 opener, but is that really the case? What about falcon and railway? I would assume falcon opens up early like rise but don't know for sure. If you got to the park say at 8am, what are you allowed to do?

Times can change on a daily basis (including the Rise opening at 8am). I would recommend following the information available in post 1 to help you get towards the front of the ETPE guests.

When we went last week; they started walking us through Slinky que at 825 and loaded first dog at 830 on the dot.

I've read the pinned post and a lot of this entire thread and have a timing worked out for AK 7:30am park open (ETPE for 7am) and arriving at 6:15am. We totally understand the value of early morning access but it just seems crazy early for a vacation day :( If anyone has experience with a 7am ETPE AK day would love to hear about it.

We are staying at Kidani village, have a car, and we are "fast" walkers. Our priority is on riding FoP.

So following the advice here the timing would be something like this

~5:30am wake up
~5:50am depart AK Kidani Village (car)
~6:00am at parking lot

~6:15am in queue for park entry
~6:30am turnstiles open
~6:50am in queue for FoP

Thanks.
Hi, we just returned from the very crowded Presidents week at WDW. We found early entry at AK very helpful. Even if you get in 20 minutes before official rope drop. We had goals to get there at 7am, but just couldn't get everyone in our party ready and somewhat fed by that hour. We went straight to FOP and while the line was long, it moved fairly quickly as there was no LL yet. We then were able to do Dinosaur, Kilimanjaro Safari and Kali River Rapids. At which point we mobile ordered our lunch (while in line for the ride) and sat down to eat in the AC. We were then ready to go back for a pool break as the lines were so long at each park, we opted to not hop at 2pm and go later when it was cooler.

With the variance of early morning openings across all four parks, I am curious what everyone's ideal touring plan would be for the first hour. We arrive next week for our Spring Break Trip. Animal Kingdom is our first day and right now the plan is FOP, Navi River, then Kilimanjaro. Do y'all think that is realistic the first hour to 90 minutes?

During Thanksgiving week, Rise opened about an hour before extra hours, then Smugglers opened about a half hour before extra hours. We saw Slinky open at about extra hours start. I think this obviously varies; however, I suspect Rise opens first and then Smugglers. People probably head to Smugglers once they get off Rise. Get there at least an hour before extra hours start.

We have a 9:15 am Capture Your Moment session on our MK day.

Do we bother trying to do 1-2 rides during ETPE, or no? We were thinking something not likely to have massive lines, like trying to hit up buzz lightyear or the speedway.

Do we bother trying to do 1-2 rides during ETPE, or no? We were thinking something not likely to have massive lines, like trying to hit up buzz lightyear or the speedway.
You might have time to fit in 1 quick attraction but it will also depend on how long it takes you to get from the attraction to your session plus time to prepare for your session.

Where do you have to be for that? If you're at the front of the pack you could definitely do at least 1 headliner before (if it's in MK)so it's 1 line you don't have to wait in...or 2 smaller rides.

Where do you have to be for that? If you're at the front of the pack you could definitely do at least 1 headliner before (if it's in MK)so it's 1 line you don't have to wait in...or 2 smaller rides.
It is in MK! We have to be back at on Main Street by 9:05

It’s up to you but personally I would wait and do things after our session. The last thing I’d want to do before a quick photo session is be rushed and running against the crowd to get there but that’s just me.

mid you only have - day in the MK you may be able to get something done.

Last edited:
Staying at Fort Wilderness we went to Hollywood Studios for the 8:30 on property early entry. At guest services I asked what time they really open for on site guests. They said sometime between 7:30 and 8:00, but the rides might not open until 8:30. As the person that does all the planning it makes it difficult if they don’t follow the “code”.

Staying at Holiday Inn Disney Springs next Wednesday and wanting to drive and rope drop ROTR at DHS.

DHS begins opening at 8:30 next week, 8:00 for Early Entry. As we will be driving I see on the first post on this thread that the parking lot opens an hour before the park opens and that you will be turned away if too early; is there usually a point/time where they simply let the cars line up (and not turn them around)? Say around 6:45 for this day?

Of course leading up to this I will be practicing handing the attendant cash with my left hand, steering with my knees, and refreshing my phone to get a LL for SDD at exactly 7:00....but I digress...

Also, how much of a difference could it make whether or not we have to go through bag check at that time? We could make it work without a bag if necessary (I assume you can carry in a bottle of water and snack bar and avoid the bag check?); from what I understand people driving are often behind guests using Disney transportation/walking over from the Boardwalk area so I am curious about this.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter