Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Yes, but your house doesn't have 2 required checkpoints for entry, only one. I'm not trying to be intentionally obtuse, I'm just theorizing that because you're required to tap in twice for some rides, there is clearly some indicator within their code that records you've tapped into the first one but not the 2nd one yet, otherwise you'd be able to make your next G+ reservation immediately after the 1st scan. So if your first RFID is logged as scanning into the first point, is the 2nd point expecting the same RFID or is their programming robust enough to accept any RFID registered to you?
Like I said, I hope someone with more tech knowledge of RFID than I have comes along to answer your question. My understanding of the system is that it doesn't matter.

Yes, but your house doesn't have 2 required checkpoints for entry, only one. I'm not trying to be intentionally obtuse, I'm just theorizing that because you're required to tap in twice for some rides, there is clearly some indicator within their code that records you've tapped into the first one but not the 2nd one yet, otherwise you'd be able to make your next G+ reservation immediately after the 1st scan. So if your first RFID is logged as scanning into the first point, is the 2nd point expecting the same RFID or is their programming robust enough to accept any RFID registered to you?
If this is theoretical in nature, why are you curious then about what attractions use the double tap?

There doesn’t appear to be experience re:using 2 different devices to tap. (If anyone has tried this, please share.)

Let’s take this thread back to actual helpful experiences about Genie+ rather than get bogged down on discussing theories. (If you wish to discuss theories of how you believe G+ works, please create a thread in the TPAS Community sub-forum.)

Thanks.

Hello,

We are heading down from 4-11 March. I am hoping we'll be just ahead of the spring break crowds. My question is this...

The last time we were there, we could buy Genie+ before we arrived (had to buy it for the whole week in advance). Now, with the new rules, it has to be purchased each day. So, given when we are going, how much before 7 will I have to purchase it to ensure its availability for the day? Staying up until midnight or getting up really early isn't too desirable on vacation.

Hello,

We are heading down from 4-11 March. I am hoping we'll be just ahead of the spring break crowds. My question is this...

The last time we were there, we could buy Genie+ before we arrived (had to buy it for the whole week in advance). Now, with the new rules, it has to be purchased each day. So, given when we are going, how much before 7 will I have to purchase it to ensure its availability for the day? Staying up until midnight or getting up really early isn't too desirable on vacation.
Genie+ has not yet sold out on any day at WDW, although it has at Disneyland. You have to buy it before you can make your first Genie+ LL reservation, but if you are content to wait until after 7:00 to make your first reservation, I think there is very little chance that it won't be available to buy then.

Hello,

As mentioned they don't sell out. However, I'd make sure to give yourself some time to make sure the app or your phone doesn't do something weird. I set my alarm for 6:45 each morning, would buy G+ from bed, then get up and use the bathroom, get some water and check my DH's phone if we were planning to tag team what we wanted to get at 7am.

One morning I had no problem buying G+, but we both had issues when it came time to purchase our ILL$. I think there must have been a disney/app glitch because I've seen a few people post about a problem 1 day during the same time period as me (last Monday). Eventually it worked and we didn't lose either ILL (FoP, GoG), but it took about 5-7 mins.

I also had the app "apply pixie dust" when I went to get in the VQ for GoG (spoiler: we didn't get it). I'm not sure what that deal was because I'd been in the app and just backed out to check the second hand on my clock app. Lesson learned.

Looking for help with planning strategy. New to G+, doing split park day AK (am) Epcot (pm). Will purchase G+ & ILL$, we want to get on FoP & GoG, should I use my ILL$ for an afternoon GoG and try to get LL for FoP? If I do that can I not book a regular LL until 2hrs after AK opens? We plan on being at AK for rope drop…any suggestions welcome. Thanks :)

Looking for help with planning strategy. New to G+, doing split park day AK (am) Epcot (pm). Will purchase G+ & ILL$, we want to get on FoP & GoG, should I use my ILL$ for an afternoon GoG and try to get LL for FoP? If I do that can I not book a regular LL until 2hrs after AK opens? We plan on being at AK for rope drop…any suggestions welcome. Thanks :)
Avatar Flight of Passage is an ILL$ attraction, not a Genie+ attraction. There are no attractions that are both. If you do not buy ILL$ for AFoP, you will have to wait in the standby line. You can buy two ILL$ per day (one each at two different parks) if you have a ticket that allows park hopping, so you could buy ILL$ for both AFoP and for Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind. If staying "onsite," you can buy both as early as 7:00. If "offsite," you can buy them at the respective park opening times.

Avatar Flight of Passage is an ILL$ attraction, not a Genie+ attraction. There are no attractions that are both. If you do not buy ILL$ for AFoP, you will have to wait in the standby line. You can buy two ILL$ per day (one each at two different parks) if you have a ticket that allows park hopping, so you could buy ILL$ for both AFoP and for Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind. If staying "onsite," you can buy both as early as 7:00. If "offsite," you can buy them at the respective park opening times.
Great..thanks! I didn’t realize I could buy both ILL$ at 7am.

On the day I check in, can I book an ILL$ for Guardians or a boarding pass (if it's still one of them) before I arrive? We'll be en route but I plan to book Epcot for our first day and wondered if I can do that. Not sure when we would arrive in the park but afternoon some time. Will I be able to book at 7 AM, or I won't be considered onsite because we haven't arrived yet?

On the day I check in, can I book an ILL$ for Guardians or a boarding pass (if it's still one of them) before I arrive? We'll be en route but I plan to book Epcot for our first day and wondered if I can do that. Not sure when we would arrive in the park but afternoon some time. Will I be able to book at 7 AM, or I won't be considered onsite because we haven't arrived yet?
If you are staying onsite you qualify as an onsite quest in checkin and checkout days so yes, you can book at 7AM from wherever you are.

A purchased ILL$ can be used any time from the start time opens until park close. This is the same for a GotG VQ.

The only return time being monitored is the regular LL return time. Those are only good for 5 mins before return time until 15 mins. after.

E.g. LL Return window from 2:00 - 3:00 may be used from 1:55 - 3:15.
Ok. I thought I remembered ratituille not having any times left for virtual que but now that I think of it, I believe they didn’t have lightening lane for it. It was only booked online virtual queue.
It was back in the fall of 21 when it first opened.

If staying at Wyndham, you cannot buy an ILL until official park opening time (not early entry). Since you can book Genie+ as early as 7:00, you should book Genie+ first. Ratatouille is now a Genie+ ride. You do not need to buy Genie+ for everyone in your party. All of the ILLs have been sold out before park open on occasion, but usually not for Guardians and SDMT. Avatar and Rise sell out more often before park open, but not always. It depends on whether you are going at a busy time or not.
Thank you. What other ways can I ensure that we get on to avatar and Guardians? Can I still run there at rope drop? Is there even a regular like for guardians?

I just tried to purchase genie plus for today and it said it is no longer available?? Has it ever sold out before or is something wrong? I’ve always woken up at 6:45 and have been able to buy it. Crazy
It’s most likely the MDE app. It’s loves to glitch

Thank you. What other ways can I ensure that we get on to avatar and Guardians? Can I still run there at rope drop? Is there even a regular like for guardians?
If you buy ILL$ for them, you’ll get on. GotG does not have a standby line (the VQ is the standby line), but FoP does.

No, there is not a standby line for Guardians. There is a virtual queue. This thread discusses that. It might be difficult to get the virtual queue for Guardians on a day that you start in AK, though.

For AFoP, there is a standby line. If you take advantage of early entry, you may be able to avoid a long line. However, it is important that you not be at the back of the pack when early entry begins. Get there early.

No, there is not a standby line for Guardians. There is a virtual queue. This thread discusses that. It might be difficult to get the virtual queue for Guardians on a day that you start in AK, though.

For AFoP, there is a standby line. If you take advantage of early entry, you may be able to avoid a long line. However, it is important that you not be at the back of the pack when early entry begins. Get there early.
Ok. We aren’t park hopping but we are staying at Wyndham lake buena vista so won’t ever get a virtual que for Epcot because we’d have to wait until 9am

Ok. We aren’t park hopping but we are staying at Wyndham lake buena vista so won’t ever get a virtual que for Epcot because we’d have to wait until 9am
IF you had a park reservation for Epcot, you could try for the virtual queue at 7:00, along with everyone else that has an Epcot reservation. Trying for the 7:00 virtual queue is not a perk for those staying "onsite." Those staying "offsite" can try for it too. You do need an Epcot reservation though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter