Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Thanks for posting, everyone.

This has screwed up our plans because we weren't going to go to Early Entry but were going to start our day with PPF at an early G+ time.

Arghhh!!!

I just chatted with a cast member and all they were able to tell me is that it’s a widespread issue and they’re still working on it.

Got to love waking up at 7am only to run into the app saying you need to buy G+ even though you already did at midnight.

Looks like a bug since the return time shown is still for park opening.
My sister just got excited, thinking she could book PPF, since a 9 a.m. time is showing on the app, but once she clicked it, she was directed to purchase G+, which we already purchased.

I'll post back if we ever get to book anything and/or get some kind of satisfaction from GET when we finally arrive at MK.

Funny how buying ILL worked perfectly today 😀

Even if G+ comes back up I'm going to ask for a refund.
I think we are as well. And it's $22 today.

BTW, the app still thinks we don't have G+. We keep trying. Also, no one has ever gotten back to me on Chat.

It's a systemwide glitch today, so call center CMs aren't going to have details on when/if it will be fixed yet. Calling and waiting on chat is going to be a waste of time. If it's not fixed soon, I'm sure they will issue refunds, possibly without even having to request it. My advice to my clients (and anybody else who's there now) is just to go about your day and enjoy the fast-moving standby lines. If you check back here periodically, I'm sure there will eventually be an update!

Just got a message on chat. It says we are currently experiencing enhancements with Genie + please continue to check back as we are working as quickly as possible to restore the magic.

Message from app chat

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20230309_045545_Disney World.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230309_045545_Disney World.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 11
If this is what an enhancement looks like, I'd hate to see what they'd term a problem.

Edited to fix typo
That's exactly what I was thinking. They make it sound like they are preparing something special for us, not fixing their own issues.

Same IT problem here. Lovely way to start a vacation day. Disney IT sucks and their money-grabbing Genie Plus service is ruining many people’s day today.

We discovered it was back up too late to get B early time for PPF, so we booked HM, which was our second choice.

This is really bad for people who have only one day at whatever their reserved park is. Best of luck to everyone.

And, while I'm here, I think there should be a partial refund for G+ today. At $22 + tax, it's not exactly G+ Bargain Day.

We discovered it was back up too late to get B early time for PPF, so we booked HM, which was our second choice.

This is really bad for people who have only one day at whatever their reserved park is. Best of luck to everyone.

And, while I'm here, I think there should be a partial refund for G+ today. At $22 + tax, it's not exactly G+ Bargain Day.
Guest Services will probably offer guests a special MEP LL to use at anytime for any attraction but Mine Train.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter