Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

If I try to get a LL for rise say for 5 but it ends up being at 7 which is when I have a reservation for building a lightsaber there isn’t a way to cancel and try again at 7:17? Just trying to figure out the best plan…

I’d just wait and try to get the time you want at 7:17. I actually got to choose my time - there were options for a window about every 20 minutes and I picked the one that worked best for our existing LL for another ride so you’ll probably have a good shot at planning around your other reservation.

Excellent point. The wisdom used to be: if you are offsite, avoid the morning EMH park because onsite will have a big rope drop advantage over you. But now that every morning is EE for every park, offsite is always at a rope drop disadvantage.
I see your point. As offsite guests over the Xmas holidays we rarely rope dropped, instead we usually showed up at park open+0.5hr to tap in for our 1st G+ LL at park open+1hr. 7am G+ booking time was our “virtual rope drop” except only I had to get up, DW and DD could sleep in.

No, you can’t cancel and rebook a RotR $ILL like you can with G+. Unpredictable return times are the risk of booking RotR at 7am. You could try going to a blue umbrella and politely pleading your case, some have reported good results.

I’d just wait and try to get the time you want at 7:17. I actually got to choose my time - there were options for a window about every 20 minutes and I picked the one that worked best for our existing LL for another ride so you’ll probably have a good shot at planning around your other reservation.

Thank you both! Well that’s frustrating but really good to know. So should I try for slinky and hold off for ROTR until 7:17?

Thank you both! Well that’s frustrating but really good to know. So should I try for slinky and hold off for ROTR until 7:17?

If you are going to be there very soon, I think that makes sense. But if your trip is more than a week away, I would check here again just before your trip to see if the 7:17 magic seems to still be alive (things like this can suddenly change).

If you have two or more people booking at 7am, one could go for Slinky, while the other tries for ROTR (but be sure to see what time it shows before you click Confirm. If the time won't work, you can back out and check again).

The question I still don't have a clear answer on is: once you see the time on the page where you confirm, can it change to something else after you complete the Purchase page? The only personal experience I can be sure of was a 7:17 booking for FoP (the time I confirmed for FoP stayed the same when the Purchase was completed).

A few experiences from our trip last week:
  • At 7 am we picked a 12:00 FoP $ILL - the time after checkout was 3:15 pm. This didn't work for our schedule. Around 11:00 am, a cast member at the blue umbrella refunded our money, but first offered us an immediate FoP return time. We had already ridden it at rope drop so declined.
  • One morning I wasn't feeling well and missed going to our first park. Later that evening I went to the second park and was denied entry. I explained to the CM why I missed scanning at the first park, she called over another CM who scanned my magic band with his hand-held and allowed me to enter.
  • Crowd levels were insane, but we stayed on property (AKL) and took advantage of early-entry / rope-drop each day. We were able to do FoP, RotR, and 7DMT without paying for $ILL. We also did Remy without $ILL but we lucked into a walk-on after it had been down most of the day.
  • Over 4 days at all 4 parks using hopping and G+ we did every major attraction and took advantage of G+LL whenever possible. Yes, it required the use of our phones, but that wasn't a problem - most of the time the phones were already out for photos anyway. What clicked in my brain after this trip is that instead of having a "park strategy," now you need a "ride strategy" and flexibility. It didn't make the trip unpleasant or frustrating in any way - it was just different than what I was used to.
  • Be nice to the Cast Members!
  • Be nice to other park guests!

The question I still don't have a clear answer on is: once you see the time on the page where you confirm, can it change to something else after you complete the Purchase page? The only personal experience I can be sure of was a 7:17 booking for FoP (the time I confirmed for FoP stayed the same when the Purchase was completed).
There have been reports of the time shifting after *payment* which is very unfair. Blue umbrella does seem to have discretion to fix it.

This was a typical experience for us last week: 7am - tap "Book Experience" for RotR. Next page, confirm party. Next page, reserve time: 11:15am. Next page, pay, Next page, payment confirmation final time reserved 12:45pm. It won't ever change after that, but up until the final payment confirmation screen your time is not set.

am- book first LL (say it ends up being space mtn at noon)
11am- book second LL
noon- check into space mtn

Can I book a third LL when I check into space mtn at noon or do I wait until 1pm?
You will wait until 1pm, assuming your second LL was for 1pm or later. Your next opportunity to book a LL is based on your most recently made LL reservation.

So the caveat/details to this is what most including myself never realized: (we learned the hard way)
In the above example, if the second LL you booked is after 1P then your next possible LL booking is at 1p. If by some chance your second LL booking ( done at 11A) is lets say for 12:30 for Buzz you can rush off Space and hop over to buzz. You can do the double tap thing while on line lets say 12:40 and now book a third LL at 12:40. So theoretically if you can bunch your LL close together (not easy especially if there are specific things you want) you can obtain more passes. Otherwise more often you will be placed into the two hour rule scenario where things can only be booked every two hours.

Realistically given current crowds and limited pass availability this may work at MK and not the other three parks which have fewer rides, fewer passes total, and similar high demand (or greater) for their fewer rides.

No, you can’t cancel and rebook a RotR $ILL like you can with G+. Unpredictable return times are the risk of booking RotR at 7am. You could try going to a blue umbrella and politely pleading your case, some have reported good results.
Question re: the bolded above: so if you book a regular G+LL (not $ILL), can you cancel and be eligible to book again right away? I'm thinking this specifically at 7 am (if I get a time I don't like and want to try again at say 7:11 or 7:17) - but this question is relevant for any time. If you cancel your most recently booked LL, are you eligible to book again?

Question re: the bolded above: so if you book a regular G+LL (not $ILL), can you cancel and be eligible to book again right away? I'm thinking this specifically at 7 am (if I get a time I don't like and want to try again at say 7:11 or 7:17) - but this question is relevant for any time. If you cancel your most recently booked LL, are you eligible to book again?
Yes, my understanding is you can cancel an unused G+LL and rebook right away if it's your most recently booked LL. There have been reports that it takes the system a minute or so and/or a few refreshes to clear your eligibility status and allow you to rebook. My hunch is that this delay will be more pronounced at busy booking times (7AM, park open +2hrs, park open +4hrs etc.).

One question, which I’m sure has we answered but I cannot find it now...
I book an LL at 7am. Is the next one 2 hours from the park you have reservations for or the park you are making the LL for?

I have reservations for AK (opens at 8) but am making LLs for Epcot (opens at 10). They open at different times. When I can I make the second LL based on park opening?

Yes, my understanding is you can cancel an unused G+LL and rebook right away if it's your most recently booked LL. There have been reports that it takes the system a minute or so and/or a few refreshes to clear your eligibility status and allow you to rebook. My hunch is that this delay will be more pronounced at busy booking times (7AM, park open +2hrs, park open +4hrs etc.).
I have seen reports that the answer depends.

If you book a G+LL then cancel it right away, you can book again. But if you wait awhile it will start the 2-hour rule over again.

I book an LL at 7am. Is the next one 2 hours from the park you have reservations for or the park you are making the LL for?

I have reservations for AK (opens at 8) but am making LLs for Epcot (opens at 10). They open at different times. When I can I make the second LL based on park opening?
I believe it is the park you have reservations for that starts the clock

OK, we just did an actual experiment with a situation like this a couple weeks ago. Our primary park was EPCOT, and it opened at 8:30. We grabbed a TT for around 11:30 that morning, but knew we wanted to spend much of the rest of the day at MK, which opened at 9:00. At 10:30, we went into MDE and found we could book our next LL at MK - so we found you can book your next LL based on the park opening time of the original park. Does that help?

OK, we just did an actual experiment with a situation like this a couple weeks ago. Our primary park was EPCOT, and it opened at 8:30. We grabbed a TT for around 11:30 that morning, but knew we wanted to spend much of the rest of the day at MK, which opened at 9:00. At 10:30, we went into MDE and found we could book our next LL at MK - so we found you can book your next LL based on the park opening time of the original park. Does that help?
Yes! Thank you

It's actually based on park opening time of where you booked your 1st LL - which in this case is the same as the park you had a reservation for but it doesn't have to be.

It's actually based on park opening time of where you booked your 1st LL - which in this case is the same as the park you had a reservation for but it doesn't have to be.
Have you been able to confirm this? I’ve heard both ways so just want to confirm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter