• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

What happens if you are able to get a Rise of the Resistance reservation, but it conflicts with your ADR? We always book Prime Time Cafe on HS days. Will they penalize you for cancelling your ADR on day of?
Keep your ADR. Show up late for RotR, explain you had an ADR and be prepared to show your receipt or your MDE account with the ADR listed. They'll let you ride.

I think these posts were intended more as reference (for those who understand some or all of it already) and not meant to explain it to people who didn’t know anything and had to learn everything. These posts assume certain knowledge on the reader’s part that I don’t have.

I (with the help of others) created these posts to assist people in learning about the new system and how to use it. No prior knowledge is assumed. I used them myself as they were being created to learn how to use the new system before our trip last month.

Can you please point out the places that are not clear so that we can try to clarify if needed. The new system is extremely difficult to use and we did our very best to clarify as much as we could but are always open to suggestions of what clarification would help.

Keep your ADR. Show up late for RotR, explain you had an ADR and be prepared to show your receipt or your MDE account with the ADR listed. They'll let you ride.
Thank you! What if we are late for the ADR because of the ride, will they still let us in?

Thank you! What if we are late for the ADR because of the ride, will they still let us in?
That might depend on why you were late, i.e. did you enter the LL for the ride an hour before your ADR but something happened with the ride that delayed you? In general, I’d give preference to my ADR - it’s easier for the CMs to work you into the ride queue an hour late than for the restaurant to find a table for you an hour late.

I have been following this post for 2 upcoming trips - I have AP but my DH does not. Several Instagram videos have mentioned that the glitch with purchasing Genie + at midnight had been fixed. Is that true?

Then I headed to Epcot and got to the IG entrance a little before 8. I scanned into the park and sat on a bench until they stopped checking for resort reservations for early entry a few minutes before 8:30.
May I ask, since you are not a resort guest, how you go about getting to the IG entrance? I would love to do that but I understand a lot of the resorts don't let in vehicles for drop off if you aren't a guest staying there.

May I ask, since you are not a resort guest, how you go about getting to the IG entrance? I would love to do that but I understand a lot of the resorts don't let in vehicles for drop off if you aren't a guest staying there.
The Swan and Dolphin hotels are not Disney owned, so you can take rideshare to either of those locations. Alternatively, Hollywood Studios ride share is next to buses now, so you can go there and catch a friendship boat or walk to the IG entrance.

So I’m in the DCP (Disney College Program) and I’m staying at Disney housing so I have access to buses to pretty much anywhere on Disney property. So I took one of those to Riviera and took the skyliner to Epcot. Unfortunately those buses are just for those in the DCP but there’s other ways like with Uber that you could get there like get dropped off at the boardwalk or like maybe the speedway station? I’m sorry I don’t have a more direct answer, others probably could give you a better one

Just got back from my trip staying offsite. Used Uber exclusively. Got dropped off at multiple resorts without any issues. Yacht club Beach Club Contemporary, Grand Floridian. No hassle
Mind if I ask what time of day each of the dropoffs occurred? Were any first thing in the morning as parks were opening? I know since covid, these dropoffs have been chased off by security, so good to know they are loosening up on that.

Somebody posted this guide on Facebook. It might help those who are confused about how genie+ and individual LLs work

Attachments

• F30F1E27-D346-4869-8AEE-19E5A00DC033.png
    F30F1E27-D346-4869-8AEE-19E5A00DC033.png
    163.7 KB · Views: 71
What happens if you are able to get a Rise of the Resistance reservation, but it conflicts with your ADR? We always book Prime Time Cafe on HS days. Will they penalize you for cancelling your ADR on day of?
If you want to do both, then go to the ADR first. Rise cast will probably ask questions, just let them know you had an ADR and prepare to show them your receipt. Shouldn't be an issue to do both.

However, since you sort of get to select your Rise ride time, hopefully you can select a time that wouldn't interfere with a dining reservation. I know sometimes you get later than expected time, but I'd you choose a time for 90 minutes after your ADR start time, it shouldn't be an issue.

So I wanted to share this issue that I experienced yesterday and how I fixed it, in case it happens to anyone else. When I tried to purchase Genie+ while in my room at a WDW resort, I got this message:

"Current Location Not Supported" / "You must be in the US or Canada to purchase and enable this app feature."

I tried starting the process over multiple times. I tried logging out and logging back into the app. I tried restarting my phone. I tried googling to see if anyone else had sought help for it online before (with no luck). What eventually worked was deleting the app and redownloading it. And I think that worked specifically because in the midst of the setup questions it asks on initial launch, it asked me if I wanted the app to track my location. This time, I said "yes" (or "while the app is open" or whatever), but I must have had it disabled at some point, probably to save battery as I got familiar with the app at home.

This means that I probably could have fixed the issue more quickly by enabling that setting, if I had realized it was disabled. I was probably a complete doofus for not thinking about that. The important point is that there is an error message that can cause great frustration at 6:48am, but it has a fix.

First try to enable location tracking. Or, worst-case scenario, delete the app and download it again.

Attachments

• IMG_0247.PNG
    IMG_0247.PNG
    74 KB · Views: 12
Just got back from my trip staying offsite. Used Uber exclusively. Got dropped off at multiple resorts without any issues. Yacht club Beach Club Contemporary, Grand Floridian. No hassle
would you mind sharing some of the prices that you paid for your rides? I am aware that prices can vary depending on time etc, but I just want to get a feeling how much Uber rides from hotels to parks, hotels to hotels etc cost. Thanks!

would you mind sharing some of the prices that you paid for your rides? I am aware that prices can vary depending on time etc, but I just want to get a feeling how much Uber rides from hotels to parks, hotels to hotels etc cost. Thanks!

Note:
Can we please take the transportation discussion out of this thread? There is a board dedicated to transportation with lots of great information on it discussing everything transportation. Thanks!

I have been following this post for 2 upcoming trips - I have AP but my DH does not. Several Instagram videos have mentioned that the glitch with purchasing Genie + at midnight had been fixed. Is that true?
I just returned on Saturday, and unfortunately, still encountered difficulties purchasing G+ for my AP prior to 7am when managing regular tickets for my family with G+ pre-purchased. For most days I called around 6:30 am to purchase G+ for my AP. One day I just waited until 7am and purchased it while trying to make an initial selection. That definitely took extra time, but for that day's park it wasn't a huge issue because we weren't arriving super early. Not going to lie, I was annoyed by this glitch, and having to wake up even earlier than needed each day to take advantage of the service we already paid for (G+ on the tickets).

Sent you a message

We do not have hoppers, but just wanted to go later. What’s our chances of getting Genie+ rides that late mid June.
I have read they were gone by 1:00 for someone on another post. How do we go about this to make sure we get some genie+ rides booked before we arrive?

My understanding is you can start stacking them at 7am from your bed and then every 2 hours add another ....

We do not have hoppers, but just wanted to go later. What’s our chances of getting Genie+ rides that late mid June.
I have read they were gone by 1:00 for someone on another post. How do we go about this to make sure we get some genie+ rides booked before we arrive?
You can still start booking rides at 7am. Since a few rides book up quickly, you should be able to get an afternoon or evening time for one of them. Here's today's Thrill Data info

Screenshot_20220308-192121.png

Hollywood Studios opened at 8:30 today, so the 2 hour rule means you get your next LL at 10:30.

If you want Slinky Dog, grab that at 7am. Then at 1030, you'd have to choose either ToT, RnRC or Millennium Falcon as those 3 are likely to be gone by 1230. Then at 1230, if any of those are available, you can choose that or MMRR.

At 230, you should be able to get TSM or AS2.

It really depends on what your goals are. You can get several rides if you play it right or you can get a good mix of rides and shows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter