Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Just catching up on this thread after my trip 3/31-4/10. I didn't see that anyone answered your question and wanted to tell you my experience: We stayed offsite I was able to book FOP, Rise, Remy and SDMT. Remy and FOP were available about an hour after park opening so I booked them even though I hadn't planned on it. Rise and SDMT initially appeared to be sold out but by repeatedly refreshing at park opening I was able to snag evening timeslots for both. Don't despair!

Edit to add: My HS and MK days ended up a 9 on Touringplans (were supposed to be 6s) and I still was successful!
I was able to get a Remy for 3:25pm around 3ish (guessing 3:02) while waiting in line to get into Epcot (IG). This was mid-March.
We were onsite so that was my only experience trying after park open. Glad you were successful!

GENIE+ for ANNUAL PASSHOLDERS

- Guests who have an AP and all guests on their reservation have an AP, will be eligible to purchase G+ after midnight

- Guests who have an AP and other guest on their reservation have regular tickets that have NOT had G+ purchased for length of stay, will be eligible to purchase G+ for all guests after midnight

- When Annual Passholders are attempting to purchase Genie+, they may encounter a glitch IF the other people on their reservation have:
- regular park tickets AND​
- those guests purchased Genie+ for length of stay for their tickets​

- If this is your situation, you will not be able to purchase Genie+ for your Annual Pass at midnight. The system will not allow the purchase.

- The best option to fix is to call 1-407-939-4357 before 7:00 am and purchase Genie+ for AP(s). This number seems to be dedicated to Genie+ challenges and does not normally have a long wait time. Purchasing before 7:00 am will allow all guests to book Genie+ at 7:00 am.

- A common suggestion for the AP glitch is for guest services to advise guests to uninstall and reinstall the app. This does not fix the problem. Calling the number above should allow G+ to be purchased. Unfortunately it will mean a call each day you wish to add G+. :(
I have a question regarding this. My wife and I are AP holders, we have a DVC stay in June. On 3 of these days my sister is joining us, however she is in her own cash room booked via WDW. She will have regular theme park tickets. She paid for genie+ ahead of time. The room and tickets are part of a package.

Can I assume that since we are on completely separate reservations we should not be hit by any of the hiccups in the post I am quoted? If there is a chance we will I will go back and update her package to NOT include G+ and just purchase it for her when we purchase it each morning.

Heading to WDW May 18 to May 24, we are DVC BLT members, prob have 12 family trips under our belts, last trip was in the last 18 months. That being said, after having scanned through the FAQ on all these Genie, LL, etc etc changes I still can't make heads or tails of what at a minimum, a family of our experience should be adding to our tickets, and this is coming from someone who had the ticketing systems for the last 15 years down to a science for our family.

We are the free flowing park hopping type, took total advantage of the FP system, etc. We are not schedule sticklers or rope droppers, hit a few rides in the morning if we get up early, hang by the pool, grab some lunch go back later in the day....whatever works for what we want to ride, for what we have fast passed that day, or food reservations we may have on a given day, and our current moods/energy levels. We are as laid back as a family can be at WDW and often travel at lower times of the year to make this happen.

Do we need Genie+ and should we be paying for $LL rides to get that same relaxed trip vibe we have enjoyed for 15+ years ?

Heading to WDW May 18 to May 24, we are DVC BLT members, prob have 12 family trips under our belts, last trip was in the last 18 months. That being said, after having scanned through the FAQ on all these Genie, LL, etc etc changes I still can't make heads or tails of what at a minimum, a family of our experience should be adding to our tickets, and this is coming from someone who had the ticketing systems for the last 15 years down to a science for our family.

We are the free flowing park hopping type, took total advantage of the FP system, etc. We are not schedule sticklers or rope droppers, hit a few rides in the morning if we get up early, hang by the pool, grab some lunch go back later in the day....whatever works for what we want to ride, for what we have fast passed that day, or food reservations we may have on a given day, and our current moods/energy levels. We are as laid back as a family can be at WDW and often travel at lower times of the year to make this happen.

Do we need Genie+ and should we be paying for $LL rides to get that same relaxed trip vibe we have enjoyed for 15+ years ?

Our trips are not as frequent, so my perspective is certainly a little different. BUT we too do not follow a touring plan and often park hop. We had a fabulous trip early April- did so much without spending time in lines by using Genie+ and ILL. Our pre trip planning consisted of having one ADR meal set for each day (plus Oga's and Savi's). As for touring, our group of five decided each evening what our priorities were for the next morning and what time we would head out.

I know crowd patterns have violated historical norms this year... but it is worth considering that lines may be shorter during your trip. Who knows?!? That said, we were so pleased that, if we were lucky enough to be going back soon, I would buy genie+ again.

I posted this after our trip
Post in thread 'Here Now & Just Back WDW Reopening Experiences Including Park Hopping' https://www.disboards.com/threads/h...-including-park-hopping.3807247/post-63923788

My friend just missed out on ILL this morning for Remy at 7 bc her Dolphin reservation got dropped from MDE. All are gone for now for Remy. Should she check again at park opening (8:30 am?). She’s so bummed!

My friend just missed out on ILL this morning for Remy at 7 bc her Dolphin reservation got dropped from MDE. All are gone for now for Remy. Should she check again at park opening (8:30 am?). She’s so bummed!
Tell her to keep checking throughout the day. I managed to get one at 3:02pm for 3:25pm back in mid-March while waiting in line to get into Epcot

Tell her to keep checking throughout the day. I managed to get one at 3:02pm for 3:25pm back in mid-March while waiting in line to get into Epcot
This!
I suggest going into "My Day" on MDE and making sure that Remy's (and nothing else unless important) is selected so she can refresh her tip board frequently and see Remy's right at the top. There can be openings that pop up during the day, but they need to be grabbed quickly when they appear.

I'm helped some offsite friends today in MK (I'm at home). SDMT was sold out at 9am. I kept refreshing for 2hrs, and finally got something. It popped up a handful of times throughout that 2hrs, but it was always gone when I clicked on it. A couple times I had to re-enter the password, and it was always gone by the time I copied/pasted the password. It took a lot of persistence, but it is possible.

Question about ILL. There’s 3 of us going. My husband doesn’t ride roller coasters. If I wanted to purchase ILL for only my son and myself, and not him, is that possible? Thanks.

Question about ILL. There’s 3 of us going. My husband doesn’t ride roller coasters. If I wanted to purchase ILL for only my son and myself, and not him, is that possible? Thanks.
Absolutely! It adds a few seconds selecting people individually but it’s totally possible. My eldest isn’t a fan of FOP so I just booked for me and my youngest.

You can but for attractions like ROTR, just the small amount of time it takes to deselect your husband, may mean the queue is full by the time you deselect him. If this happens, keep refreshing looking for additional drops and try again.

HS day tomorrow and access to only one phone at 7am. Do I go for a ROTR or try for a SDD g+ first? What do y’all think?

I agree. SDD first.
Just an update that the timing of the drops the past few days has been inconsistent (7:08/10, 7:20, and some had an additional 8:20).
Key thing is to pin both rides (and only them) on your tip board and as @CJK said, keep refreshing.
Good luck 🤞

Thanks a bunch. One additional question (may not be for this thread however). Any issues using Lyft from out Disney resort to HS for early entry RD? I’ve read about a possible delay as far as opening the parking lot there to cars and the folks bussed in gain access first. Or Is it just better off to grab the 1st resort bus in the morning? A bit stressed about our HS as you can tell.

Thanks a bunch. One additional question (may not be for this thread however). Any issues using Lyft from out Disney resort to HS for early entry RD? I’ve read about a possible delay as far as opening the parking lot there to cars and the folks bussed in gain access first. Or Is it just better off to grab the 1st resort bus in the morning? A bit stressed about our HS as you can tell.
Np - just trying to pay it forward for all the wonderful info I’ve received on here over the years (long time lurker 🙂)
We don’t rope drop, so I unfortunately can’t help with that question.
Maybe start another thread, since it’s time sensitive?

Any issues using Lyft from out Disney resort to HS for early entry RD? I’ve read about a possible delay as far as opening the parking lot there to cars and the folks bussed in gain access first. Or Is it just better off to grab the 1st resort bus in the morning? A bit stressed about our HS as you can tell.
This will not be a problem as ride share drivers enter DHS using the same entrance as the buses.

Sorry if this has been mentioned recently, but with the parks all opening at drastically different times right now. If you have a reservation for Magic Kingdom, but are stacking rides at Hollywood Studios for the evening. Can you make your second selection of a HS ride at 10AM (2 hours after HS has opened) or at 11AM (2 hours after MK has opened)? I've seen conflicting information on this.

Sorry if this has been mentioned recently, but with the parks all opening at drastically different times right now. If you have a reservation for Magic Kingdom, but are stacking rides at Hollywood Studios for the evening. Can you make your second selection of a HS ride at 10AM (2 hours after HS has opened) or at 11AM (2 hours after MK has opened)? I've seen conflicting information on this.
2hrs after DHS opens. If your first G+LL booking is in DHS, you follow the opening time of DHS. It doesn't matter which park you have a reservation for that day.

2hrs after DHS opens. If your first G+LL booking is in DHS, you follow the opening time of DHS. It doesn't matter which park you have a reservation for that day.
So it is based on whatever G+LL you book first?

So in this instance, if they book an MK attraction at 7:00, can they book an HS attraction at 10 or 11?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter