Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

We arrive on Monday and wanted to add G+ to length of tickets since we'll be there through 6/10 and don't want any surprises on 6/8. But I don't see where on the app to buy in advance. It's only saying I can purchase on Monday.
Can someone tell me where I can add it?

We arrive on Monday and wanted to add G+ to length of tickets since we'll be there through 6/10 and don't want any surprises on 6/8. But I don't see where on the app to buy in advance. It's only saying I can purchase on Monday.
Can someone tell me where I can add it?
If you go under My Plans/Tickets you should be able to click Change Ticket under the listed ticket; select the people you want to change; and then have the option to add Genie+.

1653709567918.png

I am completely new to Genie+. We haven't been to WDW since February 2020 (3 weeks before the shutdown). I have spent my afternoon reading different threads and posts to learn how Genie+ works and am wondering if anyone is having luck with early entry at MK and Genie+ to get a few rides in before taking a mid-day lunch and resort break? I understand that you can only have one LL secured at a time and that you cannot search for your next one until you have tapped in or waited the 120 minute period. But I am surprised that with all of the posts and threads I have read, no one seems to mention anything about Genie+ working well to get a couple of rides in in the morning. Does it just not work that way? Is the morning availability of LL just that limited? All of the posts seem to reference Genie+ for securing rides for the afternoon/evening. Thanks for the help.
All Ears Molly does this all the time in her videos, I think it just depends on what you’re trying to get. The big rides like slinky or 7Dwarves are probably going so quick you won’t get a morning time. So rope drop those, but it seems like lots of people have good luck getting early times for other MK rides. I think because G+ is limited to one ride per day, I’d rather do the shorter morning lines standby and stack afternoon/evening times to ride things twice if it were me, but if it’s busy or you just want to maximize your usage it seems possible. I haven’t been yet so that’s just from reading trip reports and watching bloggers though so ymmv!

Hi I have a question about buying Genie+ in advance rather than day of. I have a sort-of complicated situation. I am guessing that the answer will be that I have to call, but hoping that someone can give me advice.

We are going in September, and we want Genie+ for all the days we are there. I read that they will stop selling Genie+ in advance in a few weeks, so I went ahead and bought the tickets today.

Two of us will be going to theme parks for two days, so I bought the two-day tickets, and was able to add Genie+ on those. No problem.

Two of us will just be going to theme parks for one day, so I bought one-day tickets. I guess I didn't read the fine print that said that you can't buy Genie+ in advance for one-day tickets. Is that right? If so, does that mean I have to wait until 7am on the day of my trip to buy Genie+? Or midnight?

Lastly, one more of us is going to theme parks for one day, and she has a very old no-expiration ticket that still has one day left. We are able to make a park reservation using that ticket on the app, so I assume that it's still working. But, I don't see any way on the app or the website to change it to add Genie+.

To summarize, I think that for the two one-day tickets, I'll have to wait to the day of to buy Genie+. I am not sure about the old no-expiring ticket whether I can add Genie+ in advance.

How worried should I be about Genie+ being unavailable if I have to wait the day of? (It is the Saturday of Labor Day weekend.) If only the two of us with two-day tickets had Genie+ but not the others, then it would basically have been a waste of money.

Also, if I have to wait until 7am to buy Genie+ for those tickets, then that means it will take me a few minutes to make the purchase, so I'll be a few minutes behind to make the lightning lane reservations (assuming that I can't buy it until 7am - I'm staying on-site by the way). How worried should I be about that? (It's our Epcot day.)

Thanks! :)

Hi I have a question about buying Genie+ in advance rather than day of. I have a sort-of complicated situation. I am guessing that the answer will be that I have to call, but hoping that someone can give me advice.

We are going in September, and we want Genie+ for all the days we are there. I read that they will stop selling Genie+ in advance in a few weeks, so I went ahead and bought the tickets today.

Two of us will be going to theme parks for two days, so I bought the two-day tickets, and was able to add Genie+ on those. No problem.

Two of us will just be going to theme parks for one day, so I bought one-day tickets. I guess I didn't read the fine print that said that you can't buy Genie+ in advance for one-day tickets. Is that right? If so, does that mean I have to wait until 7am on the day of my trip to buy Genie+? Or midnight?

Lastly, one more of us is going to theme parks for one day, and she has a very old no-expiration ticket that still has one day left. We are able to make a park reservation using that ticket on the app, so I assume that it's still working. But, I don't see any way on the app or the website to change it to add Genie+.

To summarize, I think that for the two one-day tickets, I'll have to wait to the day of to buy Genie+. I am not sure about the old no-expiring ticket whether I can add Genie+ in advance.

How worried should I be about Genie+ being unavailable if I have to wait the day of? (It is the Saturday of Labor Day weekend.) If only the two of us with two-day tickets had Genie+ but not the others, then it would basically have been a waste of money.

Also, if I have to wait until 7am to buy Genie+ for those tickets, then that means it will take me a few minutes to make the purchase, so I'll be a few minutes behind to make the lightning lane reservations (assuming that I can't buy it until 7am - I'm staying on-site by the way). How worried should I be about that? (It's our Epcot day.)

you can buy the Genie+ starting at 12:00am, so if you are afraid they will sell out you will need to stay up until 12 am or get up before 7 am and buy the Genie+ so you will be ready at 7 am.

Currently, G+ can be purchased after midnight, not 7 AM. Whether that will remain true after June 8 is anyone's guess but I'm not expecting the time to change.

Disney has said that G+ purchases will be "subject to availability". But no one knows just how many G+ will be available and that number could fluctuate depending on crowds. We really won't know how quickly it will sell out (if ever) until the change to day-of purchases is complete.

It's true that you cannot add G+ in advance to a 1-day ticket or to older, MYW tickets. Those will have to wait until the day of.

Can I make Genie plus reservations while I'm not at the park? In other words can I stack Genie plus reservations for the afternoon while I'm traveling to Orlando on arrival day or staying in my hotel after park opening before I enter the park?

Can I make Genie plus reservations while I'm not at the park? In other words can I stack Genie plus reservations for the afternoon while I'm traveling to Orlando on arrival day or staying in my hotel after park opening before I enter the park?
Yes. Many including myself have done this. I booked my first LL ever from the tarmac in Buffalo.

As an offsite guest, I know I won't be able choose our first LL or ILL$ until park opening, and I'm just wondering which rides will likely be unavailable at that point.

As an offsite guest, I know I won't be able choose our first LL or ILL$ until park opening, and I'm just wondering which rides will likely be unavailable at that point.
Please read posts on pg 1. Offsite guests are eligible to book their first LL at 7AM. It is only ILL$ that are restricted to onsite guests.

I have not done it personally, but from what I have read, yes, you can make Genie+ reservations while you are not in the park. Again, from what I have read, many people use that strategy to "stack" multiple LL reservations for the afternoon/evening.

I read the early posts so must have missed this....looking for confirmation that the "book your 2nd Genie+ two hours after park opening" refers to regular park opening time and not the start of early entry for resort guests? I think this could come into play for AK early entry... Thank you.

I read the early posts so must have missed this....looking for confirmation that the "book your 2nd Genie+ two hours after park opening" refers to regular park opening time and not the start of early entry for resort guests? I think this could come into play for AK early entry... Thank you.
Correct, it is regular park opening time.
Of course if you book your first G+ for sooner than 2 hours after regular park opening, you can go ahead and book your 2nd G+ after you tap in to the first one.

First trip where some of our group is AP and some of us are non-AP due to the halt of sales after covid. I notice that the groups of people are listed separately in my app. I have had to make their park reservations differently throughout all of this so will I have to make the G+ reservations at separate times as well?? How in the world will we even ride together?

I have been to WDW many many times but haven't been since 2019 due to Covid-19
Please let me know the difference between the two and which is better to have?
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter