Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Very happy to hear this. It would be too confusing to switch it back and forth, and surely they will need for the fall crowds.

Glad to hear about the rides aren't going back to ILL - heading down in late August.

Are there any websites that have been regularly tracking for normal Genie+ rides how fast they have been going (such as at 11am here is the distributed time, at 12 etc.). I've seen general trend posts but wasn't sure if there was any site which is doing daily or detailed tracking on this. I know when we're going at end of August is likely to be a bit slower than the last couple months so hoping to be able to glean some recent data as we get closer.

Is this being done to increase Park Hopper sales? It seems odd to have a hard limit of 2 ILL’s per da and then only have 1 ILL/park.

Sorry I’m so confused! So there will only be one ILL in each park and you can book it twice?
No, there's only one ILL$ in each park. You can book one for the park you have reserved, and if you have a hopper ticket you can book a 2nd one for another park you plan to hop to. Or, with a hopper ticket, you can book 2 ILL$ for 2 parks you haven't reserved but will hop to after you visit your reserved park.

Is this being done to increase Park Hopper sales? It seems odd to have a hard limit of 2 ILL’s per da and then only have 1 ILL/park.

Possibility. Only other reason I can think of would be to increase the Genie+ sales by keeping headliners on that list of attractions. If they can increase sales more on Genie+ by having less ILL than they can make on having the 4 extra attractions as ILL, then it makes sense to leave things as they are.

Personally, I'd prefer they go back to the 2 ILL attractions per park.

We have 2 rooms with 2 different My Disney Experience accounts & 2 different reservation numbers. We are linked. Can I buy Genie+ for everyone in the morning or will each room have to purchase for themselves?

We have 2 rooms with 2 different My Disney Experience accounts & 2 different reservation numbers. We are linked. Can I buy Genie+ for everyone in the morning or will each room have to purchase for themselves?
As long as the guests in the other room are linked to you in your F&F list and they’ve given you permission in MDE to plan for them, you’ll be fine. Buying Genie+ isn’t linked to their room reservation.

I have caught wind that fast passes were going to be 'bought' now. Is this actually a thing that has been put in place or plans to be?

Nope, Fast Passes are gone so you can't buy them.

Well if you're being technical lol. But Lightning Lanes are just rebranded fast passes that you purchase day of now. (I understand they aren't exactly the same, but they are basically the same thing and use the same lane.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter