Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

I’m just browsing the app while I have a moment at work
Does it say not currently offered because it’s sold out for the day already?

Attachments

• DCDB911B-9CBF-4867-B697-24C4E244824B.png
    DCDB911B-9CBF-4867-B697-24C4E244824B.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 24
On the first page of this thread and throughout this thread when people have answered questions, it states that you can book another LL after 2 hours (or 2 hours after park opening) or after you have tapped into your most RECENTLY booked LL. However, on the Disney site, it says, "You must redeem an existing Disney Genie+ service Lightning Lane selection or wait 2 hours—whichever comes first—before making another Lightning Lane entrance selection through Disney Genie+ service." This does not indicate it has to be the most recent, only that you redeem an existing LL selection." Can someone clarify why people are saying it has to be the most recent? I just want to make sure I understand how to book another LL since this will be our first time using this service.

On the first page of this thread and throughout this thread when people have answered questions, it states that you can book another LL after 2 hours (or 2 hours after park opening) or after you have tapped into your most RECENTLY booked LL. However, on the Disney site, it says, "You must redeem an existing Disney Genie+ service Lightning Lane selection or wait 2 hours—whichever comes first—before making another Lightning Lane entrance selection through Disney Genie+ service." This does not indicate it has to be the most recent, only that you redeem an existing LL selection." Can someone clarify why people are saying it has to be the most recent? I just want to make sure I understand how to book another LL since this will be our first time using this service.
When Genie+ was first introduced last year, the ‘most recently booked ride’ wasn’t a rule. However, they quickly filled this loophole, so that it does in fact need to be the most recently booked ride.

When Genie+ was first introduced last year, the ‘most recently booked ride’ wasn’t a rule. However, they quickly filled this loophole, so that it does in fact need to be the most recently booked ride.
Hmmm...seems like they should be more clear on their website as that could make a huge difference for someone planning their day. Glad I got that clarified!

Reactions: CJK
When did the number of ILL$ rides per park change from 2 to 1? Does anyone know why this happened?

Does anyone know why this happened?
The reason was never explicitly given, however, it was to try to extend the length of time before LLs would run out each day. During Thanksgiving last year, it was a bit crazy with parks running out of LL availability way too early in the day. They tested over Christmas break with just 1 LL per park before going back to 2 for a few weeks. Then just before Spring break, they announced there would be 1 again, for spring break and summer, with an expiration of 8/7/22. However, as that date approached, they removed the expiration date and have moved forward with just 1 LL per park as a standard.

I am trying to get everything set up in MDE for our trip in February. I am all set up, but I would like my husband to be able to make Genie+ reservations for our party as well.

He is on my reservation and "friends and family" list - what is the easiest way to set him up with an MDE account so that everything links properly to my existing account?

I am trying to get everything set up in MDE for our trip in February. I am all set up, but I would like my husband to be able to make Genie+ reservations for our party as well.

He is on my reservation and "friends and family" list - what is the easiest way to set him up with an MDE account so that everything links properly to my existing account?
Easiest way is to just have him log in to your account on his app.

Otherwise he can create an account and you can set each other up to share planning.

Easiest way is to just have him log in to your account on his app.

Otherwise he can create an account and you can set each other up to share planning.
Okay, great, so we can both be logged in and using MDE at the same time with one account?

Any downsides to this? Seems much simpler than setting him up with his own account. And I guess this way I know everything is hitting my credit card (which is better for foreign exchange fees).

Okay, great, so we can both be logged in and using MDE at the same time with one account?

Any downsides to this? Seems much simpler than setting him up with his own account. And I guess this way I know everything is hitting my credit card (which is better for foreign exchange fees).
There are many times multiple people are signed into the same account. Not a problem to do this and easiest way for him to help you out from home.

A question that I'm sure has already been answered but I would rather not read 104 pages to find out: if we stay offsite at a Disney Springs hotel, am I right in assuming that I/we can't use Genie+ until park opening as opposed to 7 am? Other members of our party will be onsite and could add us to their friends and family list and book for us, but I would like to be in control of my own booking. (this is for a trip in early 2023 and things could change as far as the Genie+ rules but I doubt it.)

A question that I'm sure has already been answered but I would rather not read 104 pages to find out: if we stay offsite at a Disney Springs hotel, am I right in assuming that I/we can't use Genie+ until park opening as opposed to 7 am? Other members of our party will be onsite and could add us to their friends and family list and book for us, but I would like to be in control of my own booking. (this is for a trip in early 2023 and things could change as far as the Genie+ rules but I doubt it.)
To save reading over 100 pages, there is a complete summary of how Genie, Genie+ and ILL$ work on page 1.

Offsite guests are eligible to book their first G+ LL attraction at 7AM. They will be eligible to book their first ILL$ attraction at park opening.

To save reading over 100 pages, there is a complete summary of how Genie, Genie+ and ILL$ work on page 1.

Offsite guests are eligible to book their first G+ LL attraction at 7AM. They will be eligible to book their first ILL$ attraction at park opening.
I did read that in the beginning as you mentioned but then later on, other Disney resorts were named as Shades of Green, the Swan the Dolphin; so I didn't have a clear idea that the Disney Springs hotels were in the list of hotels not Disney owned.

I did read that in the beginning as you mentioned but then later on, other Disney resorts were named as Shades of Green, the Swan the Dolphin; so I didn't have a clear idea that the Disney Springs hotels were in the list of hotels not Disney owned.
Per the MDE app, the only resorts eligible to purchase at 7AM are Disney Resorts, Shades of Green and Swan/Dolphin. Guests of any other resort are eligible at park open.

F33D0498-E1E6-449C-8927-06A6574688C3.jpeg

Apologies if this question has been answered.

Can I make Genie+ choices for people linked to my MDE account if I do not have a park ticket for the day? My father is taking my son into the parks one day and he is 100% not tech savvy. No smartphone! We are all staying in the same room and they are linked to me as "friends and family" in MDE, but I will not be joining them in the parks that day. Can I make Genie+ selections for them via my account/my app?

I'm guessing this is not possible. Are there any other options besides making up a Disney account for my dad (which he prefers not to do) and then coordinating Genie+ from my hotel room while logged in under his account? FWIW, my son is under 13 so he cannot have his own MDE account and doesn't have a phone.

Thanks in advance for answers and advice. I didn't really get the complaints about how tech-dependent a day at Disney can be until this moment, since I'm so tied to my phone and apps...

So tickets are done, park reservations done as well and whatever ADR I can get for early Dec done.
What's next I need to do on the MDE?
I see that the days in the calendar are now clickable.
When I click on them it shows similar tip board/myday to when the days I am not in the park.
in the good old days of FP+, I would make rides FP but I know we can't now.
So I am slightly unsure if I am really set to go, even when MDE says so.
What am I missing?

Edit: :rolleyes1 Reread the sticky.... i need to press the "Get Started" button.... LOL

Last edited:
Can I make Genie+ choices for people linked to my MDE account if I do not have a park ticket for the day? My father is taking my son into the parks one day and he is 100% not tech savvy. No smartphone! We are all staying in the same room and they are linked to me as "friends and family" in MDE, but I will not be joining them in the parks that day. Can I make Genie+ selections for them via my account/my app?

My trip is in few weeks time but I was playing with MDE and when I tried to book a G+ today, the app moves to the next page to select the party but are not selectable and states that the person does not have park tickets for the day.

So my guess is that it will allow you to book for your party if they have park tickets/reservations even as you do not have tickets/park reservations for the day.

Someone with real scenario should try this out.

Is there a calendar showing how much Genie+ cost per day on that day? i.e. which days was it just $15/day and which days did the price go up? I'm trying to anticipate what it will be after Christmas.

If not, then maybe just how much is it today? Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter