• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Can I buy an LL and a Genie+ attraction at 7am? The two of them?
At 7AM you may purchase an ILL$ for one attraction and book a LL for a different attraction but, you may not book both for the same attraction as an attraction is either LL or ILL$.

The one exception to this is Guardians of the Galaxy. You can try to get a VQ for that at 7AM and even if successful may also purchase an ILL$ for GotG also.

Hope this helps.

Updated for clarification after reading @Tom_E_D’s response, he is correct that you must be staying onsite to purchase ILL$ at 7AM.

Last edited:
Can I buy an LL and a Genie+ attraction at 7am? The two of them?
If staying "onsite," you can purchase an Individual Lightning Lane at 7:00; if your ticket allows park hopping, you can buy up to two ILLs at that time. If staying offsite, you have to wait until park opening to make your ILL purchase(s).

Whether staying onsite or offsite, you can buy Genie+ anytime starting at midnight and can make your first Genie+ LL selection at 7:00.

So, if you are staying onsite, you can both purchase an ILL and make a G+ LL at 7:00.

If staying "onsite," you can purchase an Individual Lightning Lane at 7:00; if your ticket allows park hopping, you can buy up to two ILLs at that time. If staying offsite, you have to wait until park opening to make your ILL purchase(s).

Whether staying onsite or offsite, you can buy Genie+ anytime starting at midnight and can make your first Genie+ LL selection at 7:00.

So, if you are staying onsite, you can both purchase an ILL and make a G+ LL at 7:00.
If we have park hoppers with a park reservation that day at AK, at 7am can I purchase an ILL for FOP and also purchase an ILL for GOG at Epcot that night?

Yep, as long as you are staying onsite.
Thank you. So it’s the VQ that I would not be able to get because I don’t have the reservation at Epcot?- and this seems weird because if the 1pm VQ will be sold out by 2pm then only those with an EP res can get it? That kinda stinks. I think I have it straight now.

Maybe I’ve lost my mind…

…but when I was here in May I thought I could do the following:

7:00 - Book SDD for afternoon
9:00 - Book Meet Olaf for 9:30
9:30 - Tap in at Olaf and Book Toy Story Mania for 10:30

I’m on park today and it’s not letting me book a new one after tapping in at Olaf until 11:00 (two hours after 9:00)

Has this changed? Or was it just different than I remembered?

Maybe I’ve lost my mind…

…but when I was here in May I thought I could do the following:

7:00 - Book SDD for afternoon
9:00 - Book Meet Olaf for 9:30
9:30 - Tap in at Olaf and Book Toy Story Mania for 10:30

I’m on park today and it’s not letting me book a new one after tapping in at Olaf until 11:00 (two hours after 9:00)

Has this changed? Or was it just different than I remembered?
It was just different than you remembered. When they first announced Genie+ and the 120-minute rule, many bloggers thought that the 120 minutes would include the time between when you booked your first Genie+ LL and the park opened, and posted guides on how to use it accordingly. But it never worked that way. For bookings made before park opening, the 120 minutes has always started at park opening.

Purchasing the Genie App in advance does not guarantee the price will not increase .
It will be priced daily and according to crowd levels, price surge, etc.
I guess the best advice is to VQ at 7 and then start the planning immediately .
I also need to know exactly which attractions offer Genie LL and ILL and VQ .
And Park Open time and early entry and late nights, party dates, park closing for non guests vs resort on property guests.
Right? And then watch for the availability precisely every 2 hours. Or as you Tap in .
When does the fun part begin?

No wonder so many guests are using the Disney Guides at any cost .
I have noticed a lot of guests taking this expensive selection lately.
I watched yesterday as they all entered the roped off party upstairs by the Train Station in MK . I guess that is included in price?

Last edited:
Purchasing the Genie App in advance does not guarantee the price will not increase .
It will be priced daily and according to crowd levels, price surge, etc.
I guess the best advice is to VQ at 7 and then start the planning immediately .
I also need to know exactly which attractions offer Genie LL and ILL and VQ .
Right? And then watch for the availability precisely every 2 hours. Or as you Tap in .
When does the fun part begin?
Genie+ can no longer be purchased in advance. It must be purchased each day you wish to add it.

Please read the posts on page 1 as your questions are answered there plus a lot of other helpful information.

Thanks .
I did purchase them in advance . That’s why I had a few extra questions .
I guess I was thinking out loud about all the things I needed to know still.
Sorry .
I did read all the info on Genie provided by WDW . I also just completed the strategy on this from the beginning beginning thread .
Hopefully I will learn the most important lesson after 3 days for NYE trip … Never doing that ever again Disney doesn’t need my money that badly , lesson learned !

I did have ads pop up and block the thrill data link .

Last edited:
Tomorrow starting at DHS, hoping to Epcot.

Would like $ILL for both GotGCR and RoR and LL for SDD

What is the order to try and secure in the morning?

It was just different than you remembered. When they first announced Genie+ and the 120-minute rule, many bloggers thought that the 120 minutes would include the time between when you booked your first Genie+ LL and the park opened, and posted guides on how to use it accordingly. But it never worked that way. For bookings made before park opening, the 120 minutes has always started at park opening.
Ahh, I’m so confused! (Planning my first trip in the Genie+ era). I thought you could make another LL booking either two hours since your last OR after you tapped into your most recent LL booking.

Ahh, I’m so confused! (Planning my first trip in the Genie+ era). I thought you could make another LL booking either two hours since your last OR after you tapped into your most recent LL booking.
Yes, but you have to wait for 2 hours after park opening. So you basically have between 7 am and park opening to make your first reservation.... if that first reservation ends up being more then 2 hours after park opening, then you can make another reservation 2 hours after park opening. If the reservation ends up being within the first 2 hours of park opening, then you can make another one as soon as you tap in (or double tap for the rides with 2 tap points). Then it's essentially every 2 hours or after you tap in.

Yes, but you have to wait for 2 hours after park opening. So you basically have between 7 am and park opening to make your first reservation.... if that first reservation ends up being more then 2 hours after park opening, then you can make another reservation 2 hours after park opening. If the reservation ends up being within the first 2 hours of park opening, then you can make another one as soon as you tap in (or double tap for the rides with 2 tap points). Then it's essentially every 2 hours or after you tap in.
Thank you. I think I get it. But What’sTheBigIdea above says that she/he was able to do an SDD booking at 7 am and then make an Olaf booking at 9 am??

Sorry…bad fact pattern. We were at DHS during the afternoon so I used those rides for ease of example while they were fresh to plan tomorrow.

The actual fact pattern is…

7:00 - Booked Peter Pan for 10:15
MK opens at 8:00
10:00 - Booked Winnie the Pooh for 10:30.

When I was on Peter Pan, I thought I would be able to book another ride, but I was locked out until 12:00 or until I also rode Pooh.

Sorry…bad fact pattern. We were at DHS during the afternoon so I used those rides for ease of example while they were fresh to plan tomorrow.

When I was on Peter Pan, I thought I would be able to book another ride, but I was locked out until 12:00 or until I also rode Pooh.
So in this scenario, you would have wanted to ride Pooh first.... since that was your most recently booked, once you tapped onto Pooh you could have booked something else then headed over to Pan since you had till 11:15 to ride Pan. Just something to keep in mind going forward....

Yeah you are expecting the initial Genie+ behavior that allowed you to get multiple stacks rolling, that was fixed so only tapping into your most recent LL booking resets the timer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter