Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Here at Magic Kingdom. Made my first LL at 7am. Park opens at 9am, early entry is 8:30. My "when you can book time" is 10:30. 2 hours after early entry. Is this new? I was thinking it was 2 hours from regular park open.

Here at Magic Kingdom. Made my first LL at 7am. Park opens at 9am, early entry is 8:30. My "when you can book time" is 10:30. 2 hours after early entry. Is this new? I was thinking it was 2 hours from regular park open.
Nevermind, think I figured it out. My first LL is at 930, so my next available will be once that is used or expires at 1030. I usually book for later in the day so not used to seeing the next available until the 2hr rule.

A regular G+ LL can be used from 5 mins before the return window until 15 mins after. After that, even if they are still showing, they are not valid.
I understand the unofficial 5/15rule, but I have seen them allowed as long as they still appear in the app.
It is just random and wanted to know what the cause may be.

I understand the unofficial 5/15rule, but I have seen them allowed as long as they still appear in the app.
It is just random and wanted to know what the cause may be.
I’ve not heard of that.

ILL$ and VQs can be used anytime after they’re called (until park closing) but I have never heard anyone report that of a normal LL booked via Genie+.

Everything I’ve read has been once they expire, they expire, regardless if they’re still displaying or not. I will say the one exception I have heard of is if someone had an ADR which conflicted with the return time. Proving their ADR (with a receipt or showing ADR booking on MDE) has allowed guests to ride a LL attraction late as CM has the option to override the system.

Bring late for a LL return time and being allowed to ride is a rare exception if it happens and personally I wouldn’t want to risk it.

I’ve not heard of that.

ILL$ and VQs can be used anytime after they’re called (until park closing) but I have never heard anyone report that of a normal LL booked via Genie+.

Everything I’ve read has been once they expire, they expire, regardless if they’re still displaying or not. I will say the one exception I have heard of is if someone had an ADR which conflicted with the return time. Proving their ADR (with a receipt or showing ADR booking on MDE) has allowed guests to ride a LL attraction late as CM has the option to override the system.

Bring late for a LL return time and being allowed to ride is a rare exception if it happens and personally I wouldn’t want to risk it.
Yeah I help friends all the time at WDW with LL collecting and sometimes the LL booked image never disappears and when they use it, sometimes hours later it still works.

In a similar scenario the LL never expires even though it may disappear. Again, seems to be random.

VQ and ILL not expiring is correct. However, a few days ago a CM at Guardians gave my friends a hard time using the ILL about 6 hours late.
But they were still let through.

Has the ability to modify an existing LL been implemented yet?
Yes! Over in the “Official Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party” thread, a user described today how she was able to use it. I don’t know how to post threads or I’d do it here. But it is very helpful information. It was post #1091. We will be there this Saturday, so I’m trying to learn as much as I can, before we go.

MDE and Genie+ for a family that might want to do some experience together but also split up during the day.

Sorry if answered. I searched and searched. Last time we went in 2020 our son was younger. We always rode the same rides, ate together. He's in college and might want to make a Genie+ reservation for something we don't want to ride.

I understand what Genie, Genie+ and paid Lightning Lanes are, but would he want his own MDE app account and Genie+ account? A cast member said there is a way I can try to reserve different experiences for him on my master account. This is mind boggling to me. I guess the bigger question is if later in the day we all wanted to do a ride together as a Genie+ reservation that would be almost impossible.

If it makes any difference, we are going in the insane Christmas rush so lining up separate Genie+ reservations for something might have been challenging before, but maybe insane during the holiday rush.

Thanks!

MDE and Genie+ for a family that might want to do some experience together but also split up during the day.

Sorry if answered. I searched and searched. Last time we went in 2020 our son was younger. We always rode the same rides, ate together. He's in college and might want to make a Genie+ reservation for something we don't want to ride.

I understand what Genie, Genie+ and paid Lightning Lanes are, but would he want his own MDE app account and Genie+ account? A cast member said there is a way I can try to reserve different experiences for him on my master account. This is mind boggling to me. I guess the bigger question is if later in the day we all wanted to do a ride together as a Genie+ reservation that would be almost impossible.

If it makes any difference, we are going in the insane Christmas rush so lining up separate Genie+ reservations for something might have been challenging before, but maybe insane during the holiday rush.

Thanks!

You can make reservations together as long as no one has a current wait for a G+ ride. I made separate ride reservations the week G+ came out with no issues.

You can make reservations together as long as no one has a current wait for a G+ ride. I made separate ride reservations the week G+ came out with no issues.
Right, that's my concern. If anyone wants to go off and do something by themselves then it's going to be very difficult to book another group experience, especially if their reservation is several hours away for something popular.

Right, that's my concern. If anyone wants to go off and do something by themselves then it's going to be very difficult to book another group experience, especially if their reservation is several hours away for something popular.

I'm sure that can be complicated. Hope everything works out for you guys.

I also noticed a few new Magic Band+ selections for pre-order for hotel guests today but the images were broken. I chatted with someone and hopefully they'll be fixed soon. They finally put up a Stitch band, which may make up for the Darth Vader one no longer being available.

Might be best to plan to use standby for family group activities.

Just remember, you can make a new selection every 2 hours, even if you haven’t used your last selection, so that could be helpful as well, if the next selection times are close to each other.

I’m not sure but there is thread dedicated to this so guessing when it does it will be reported there. The thread title says something like ‘week of Dec 12th’ so it may still be to come.
I haven’t been able to find any new threads about G+. I’m honestly surprised that there haven’t been more updates here about being able to modify LL.

I’ve been watching the return times and it looks like many of the more popular rides are taking longer to “sell out”. I don’t know if these are slow days, or if the ability to modify is helping extend LL supply. Today SDD, Frozen, and PP were all still available at noon. Is that normal?

I haven’t been able to find any new threads about G+. I’m honestly surprised that there haven’t been more updates here about being able to modify LL.

I’ve been watching the return times and it looks like many of the more popular rides are taking longer to “sell out”. I don’t know if these are slow days, or if the ability to modify is helping extend LL supply. Today SDD, Frozen, and PP were all still available at noon. Is that normal?
It could also be that the ability to modify a return time isn’t functionality a lot of people ‘need’. For myself, unless I was looking to change a LL return time to a close time, I probably wouldn’t modify often. I believe FP had the option to change times and I don’t really remember using that too often.

If modifying gave options of return time (as FP did), I can see it being more appealing but I don’t believe that’s how it works.

Like you, waiting for more details and experiences shared.

You may also wish to read the more current posts in the ‘Here Now and Just Back’ thread.

Peter Pan has been recently lasting past Noon pretty regularly. Frozen Ever After has been regularly lasting past 11:00, so being available at Noon today isn't abnormal. However, the fact that Slinky Dog Dash has lasted past Noon every day since the change allowing modifications is unusual. I suspect that isn't solely due to their allowing modifications. I suspect they also made more lightning lane reservations available for SDD. I don't have any hard evidence that is what happened, but I think it makes sense.

You can see when Genie+ reservations run out for the day here.

Thanks to all the help from this thread, I think we unlocked the perfect 3 park day on Sunday

Started at Epcot while stacking evening LL at HS
Hopped to AK mid-day and LL still available
Hopped to HS to use
Return to Epcot

All in all, in one long day we got

- Remy, Test Track, Soarin', GotGCR (1st)$ILL, 3 caballeros, food
- nap
- Kali, Everest (LL), KS (LL), FoP ($ILL)
- Brown Derby, SDD (LL), TT(LL), MM (LL) MF (LL)
- GotGCR VQ

What a day. In two days and a MVMCP did every major ride in all 4 parks with most headliners at least 2X. Thanks to all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter