Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Yes, thank you...that would have been another nice new perk for onsite guests....oh well!

I was a little confused as well as I saw a post that implied that based on times posted for their 2nd LL selection. I think it also implied that they booked a LL in a park where they were going to hop to as their first selection and that also gave them access to an earlier 2nd selection.

So to be clear: 2nd LL is 2 hours after normal park opening at which you have your park reservation, correct?

I was a little confused as well as I saw a post that implied that based on times posted for their 2nd LL selection. I think it also implied that they booked a LL in a park where they were going to hop to as their first selection and that also gave them access to an earlier 2nd selection.

So to be clear: 2nd LL is 2 hours after normal park opening at which you have your park reservation, correct?

No, it's 2 hours after normal park opening for the park at which you booked your first LL (which might not be the park that you have the reservation for).

^ why would someone do that?

ie, park reservation for MK, but buy genie+ for EPCOT, choose LL for EPCOT?

would you just keep the LL for EPCOT later in the afternoon? and do early entry for MK?

^ why would someone do that?

ie, park reservation for MK, but buy genie+ for EPCOT, choose LL for EPCOT?

would you just keep the LL for EPCOT later in the afternoon? and do early entry for MK?

That’s what we mostly do. Early entry for park number one. Ride as much as we can before it starts getting busy. Then back to the resort for a little break, or if we go to park two right away we usually leave before close (we don’t go open to close). Then by the time we go park two we have 4 rides lined up with no waits too. And you can usually pick up another one or maybe two while you’re in park two depending on crowds. Then ride another headliner close to closing with shorter waits.

It really works out nicely. We get to ride everything we want multiple times the week we are there with very little waiting involved.

Hey guys! I'm sorry if this has been addressed, but I just can't wade through 115 pages.
I purchased Genie+ with our park tickets way back before Disney changed it to a daily purchase thing. I assume I'm still good to go and that at 7:00 tomorrow (our first park day) I'll be able to access and book our first ride of the day?

I was just looking at the app on my phone and obviously this isn't an option right now, but purchasing Genie+ for *today* is definitely an option (I'm not at WDW yet). I'm just wanting to make sure that I won't have to purchase it again and that it will recognize that I paid for it many months ago.

Anyone who has experience with this, please share! Thanks!

Hey guys! I'm sorry if this has been addressed, but I just can't wade through 115 pages.
I purchased Genie+ with our park tickets way back before Disney changed it to a daily purchase thing. I assume I'm still good to go and that at 7:00 tomorrow (our first park day) I'll be able to access and book our first ride of the day?

I was just looking at the app on my phone and obviously this isn't an option right now, but purchasing Genie+ for *today* is definitely an option (I'm not at WDW yet). I'm just wanting to make sure that I won't have to purchase it again and that it will recognize that I paid for it many months ago.

Anyone who has experience with this, please share! Thanks!
We had Genie+ included in our tickets (purchased earlier as a package) and it was there each morning to book LLs. We did not have to purchase it again. That was in August.

No, it's 2 hours after normal park opening for the park at which you booked your first LL (which might not be the park that you have the reservation for).

Ok wow, thanks! I really thought I'd gotten this down, we've used G+ twice since it came out but somehow this escaped me!

I'm working on our park plans is there somewhere I can find a comprehensive list of which rides are eligible for Genie + or for paid iLL? I'd like to include it with our "bucket list" of which rides we want to do

Start of Christmas Weeks.

12/18/22 - Genie+ $19
12/19/22 - Genie+ $25
12/20/22 - Genie+ $25
12/21/22 - Genie+ $25
12/22/22 - Genie+ $25

Reactions: CJK
Are people currently able to successfully modify LLs to later in the day.

For example, on a 9:00am opening MK day if I book Thunder right around 7:00am for a 10:00am return time but don't want to use it until say 4:00, are people able to modify that until it hits, for example, 4:00pm?

I know technically it is now possible, I'm just looking to see if anyone has any experience with this

Are people currently able to successfully modify LLs to later in the day.

For example, on a 9:00am opening MK day if I book Thunder right around 7:00am for a 10:00am return time but don't want to use it until say 4:00, are people able to modify that until it hits, for example, 4:00pm?

I know technically it is now possible, I'm just looking to see if anyone has any experience with this
While waiting for responses here, you may also want to read recent posts on the 'Here Now and Just Back' thread and, possibly ask your question there too as people are sharing their current/recent park experiences.

Christmas Weeks.

12/18/22 - Genie+ $19
12/19/22 - Genie+ $25
12/20/22 - Genie+ $25
12/21/22 - Genie+ $25
12/22/22 - Genie+ $25
12/23/22 - Genie+ $29

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter