Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Anyone in for some Statistics? Do not know, if this has be done before, if so, please ignore this post ;-)

Genie+ Price Statistics in 2022
Lowest Price: $15
Highest Price: $29
Average Price: $21.45

Genie+ Price Trend Chart December 2022

View attachment 728710

Genie+ Prices in December 2022
Genie+ PriceAvailable in December 2022
$299 times
$157 times
$175 times
$194 times
$254 times
$201 times
$181 times

Genie+ Price Average per Weekday in December 2022
WeekdayAverage Genie+ Price
Thursday$19.80
Sunday$20.00
Tuesday$21.00
Wednesday$21.75
Friday$21.80
Monday$22.50
Saturday$23.20

Genie+ Price by Weekday in December 2022
SundayGenie+ Price
2022-12-04$17
2022-12-11$15
2022-12-18$19
2022-12-25$29
----------------
Average$20.00

MondayGenie+ Price
2022-12-05$17
2022-12-12$19
2022-12-19$25
2022-12-26$29
----------------
Average$22.50

TuesdayGenie+ Price
2022-12-06$15
2022-12-13$15
2022-12-20$25
2022-12-27$29
----------------
Average$21.00

WednesdayGenie+ Price
2022-12-07$18
2022-12-14$15
2022-12-21$25
2022-12-28$29
----------------
Average$21.75

ThursdayGenie+ Price
2022-12-01$15
2022-12-08$15
2022-12-15$15
2022-12-22$25
2022-12-29$29
----------------
Average$19.80

FridayGenie+ Price
2022-12-02$17
2022-12-09$17
2022-12-16$17
2022-12-23$29
2022-12-30$29
----------------
Average$21.80

SaturdayGenie+ Price
2022-12-03$20
2022-12-10$19
2022-12-17$19
2022-12-24$29
2022-12-31$29
----------------
Average$23.20
I love statistics and data so I find this very interesting! I’m interested to see what happens over the next few months!

Anyone in for some Statistics? Do not know, if this has be done before, if so, please ignore this post ;-)

Genie+ Price Statistics in 2022
Lowest Price: $15
Highest Price: $29
Average Price: $21.45

Is that $21.45 average for the whole year or for just December? I find it hard to understand how the yearly average could be that high when Genie+ was $15 every day until October 12.

Is that $21.45 average for the whole year or for just December? I find it hard to understand how the yearly average could be that high when Genie+ was $15 every day until October 12.
Ah, sorry, these are just the December Statistics. Missed that in de Heading.

Edited the Post 😉

I am going to avoid paying Genie + service, if I can. Anymore than a few dollars a day is outrageous. I'm hoping my daughter and her family do not choose this option when we are there in February. It's the only way I would even consider paying for it, is if they want to do so as a group. Ridiculous. Pricing us right out of the parks, and I've become so okay with only visiting one or two parks one or two days a year, every two to three years from now on, when my grandkids are with us. We have been doing this since our children were small and the increases in prices, extra charges, etc. makes me sick. It's just not worth it, I mean there's just nothing to us anymore in any of the parks worth all this extra money for the same &*^% year after year. So, it's safe to say, for us, no more parks unless the grandkids are with us....I'm done with it. As DVC members, and one who is very good at using the membership, we are going to opt for other options and uses of our membership. Just can't justify the parks anymore.

You prob want to prioritize Remy. Mania and Smugglers shouldn’t be too bad first thing in the morning even without early entry. The tricky part with genie is if you don’t get an early return time or too late of a return when park hopping (might be able to fix now that you can modify, but might not). You could also save Remy for end of night… then I’d say chances are good you’ll get an early return on mania, then once you tap you could hope for smugglers.
Thank you for the feedback! I think I’m getting it figured out. A few more clarification questions:

If I start at 7am with Remy then my next available LL isn’t until 11am- 2 hours after Epcot opens. Will I have the option to choose a LL at DHS if there is one available if I start with Remy or do I need to stick with Epcot rides?
I feel like if I start with Remy then it will be best for me to just focus on stacking at Epcot and doing standby only at DHS. I’m trying to weigh the trade off of that to miss out on options at HS.

Last edited:
GET is not modifying TOT even though it conflicts with Fantasmic Dining package 1st show at 8. They told me to keep trying to modify and don’t care that we have to RS and won’t have time

56A36AFF-F072-4870-9B45-2493306AC15B.jpeg

I am going to avoid paying Genie + service, if I can. Anymore than a few dollars a day is outrageous. I'm hoping my daughter and her family do not choose this option when we are there in February. It's the only way I would even consider paying for it, is if they want to do so as a group. Ridiculous. Pricing us right out of the parks, and I've become so okay with only visiting one or two parks one or two days a year, every two to three years from now on, when my grandkids are with us. We have been doing this since our children were small and the increases in prices, extra charges, etc. makes me sick. It's just not worth it, I mean there's just nothing to us anymore in any of the parks worth all this extra money for the same &*^% year after year. So, it's safe to say, for us, no more parks unless the grandkids are with us....I'm done with it. As DVC members, and one who is very good at using the membership, we are going to opt for other options and uses of our membership. Just can't justify the parks anymore.
When we were there last, we were new to G+. We did not use or need it at EP or AK. Got it for MK, but it was our first time using it and though pretty successful, we did not use it efficiently. Debatable if it was necessary and would probably only use it during a very crowded week. However, it was a GEM at DHS. If you're going to spend the money, this is the place. I read before I went for our trip that DHS had 7 of the top 10 longest wait times. Staying onsite, we got up early and got an ILL$ for ROTR and a G+ at 1:55 for ToT. We basically hung out at the pool and got to DHS shortly before 1:00, where we immediately walked into Indiana Jones. Walked over to TOT but decided to see the Beauty and the Beast show and Lightning McQueen first. Went on ToT, then headed over for our 2:20 pass for MMRR. Went back to Star Tours, then checked out the Mickey and Minnie animated shorts while waiting for our 3:20 pass for Smugglers Run (picked up after getting into the park). Used our 4:20 ILL$ for ROTR then had dinner at Mama Melrose. After dinner, we went into Muppets before on to 6:20 TSMM, picked up while at dinner, walked over to Slinky (20 minute wait because it had park clearing rain) and then jumped on MMRR 1 more time before park closing at 8:00 but we had Ogas at 8:15 so we headed back there to unwind after a busy day. We chose NOT to ride RnRC because it's gotten pretty rough (to us) over time, and DH has back problems. However, we could have because we had spare time to shop and check out One Man's Dream again. Definitely worth the money! Plus, we were there during Spring Break; there is no way we could have done all these things in the amount of time we did without planning and G+.

GET is not modifying TOT even though it conflicts with Fantasmic Dining package 1st show at 8. They told me to keep trying to modify
I’m guessing one of the plans with allowing guests to modify is to take some of the stress off GET teams. There are often very long lines to speak with GET so hopefully this will help shorten them since guests can now modify return times themselves.

Thank you for the feedback! I think I’m getting it figured out. A few more clarification questions:

If I start at 7am with Remy then my next available LL isn’t until 11am- 2 hours after Epcot opens. Will I have the option to choose a LL at DHS if there is one available if I start with Remy or do I need to stick with Epcot rides?
I feel like if I start with Remy then it will be best for me to just focus on stacking at Epcot and doing standby only at DHS. I’m trying to weigh the trade off of that to miss out on options at HS.
You can book at DHS if there is something. I’m not 100% but I also feel like you would be eligible 2 hrs after DHS is open since that is the park you are in, but maybe not? I know that has been asked/answered some where in one of these threads. The time you can book again will also show towards the top of the tip board. My first pick of the day was always whatever our groups top priority was and then I would just see what made sense when we could book again.

You can book at DHS if there is something. I’m not 100% but I also feel like you would be eligible 2 hrs after DHS is open since that is the park you are in, but maybe not? I know that has been asked/answered some where in one of these threads. The time you can book again will also show towards the top of the tip board. My first pick of the day was always whatever our groups top priority was and then I would just see what made sense when we could book again.
A guest is eligible to book a second LL 2 hours after opening of the park where the first LL was booked.

I’m guessing one of the plans with allowing guests to modify is to take some of the stress off GET teams. There are often very long lines to speak with GET so hopefully this will help shorten them since guests can now modify return times themselves.
GET is supposed to help with dining conflicts. It’s tough to get Genie+ for TOT and I had to refresh for another hour+ to modify. They have a fixed amount of LL per day and should at least be able to give an anytime pass with a legitimate conflict like us. HBD told us you have to checkin 45 mins before (8pm show) for the Fantasmic dining package.

The cost of Genie+ doubled but they put more stress on the guest. The lines at GET were not long (4 people there) around 10:30 am. It does seem like you’re right and that’s the plan going forward (Guests modify vs GeT).

Last edited:
GET is supposed to help with dining conflicts. It’s tough to get Genie+ for TOT and I had to refresh for another hour+ to modify. They have a fixed amount of LL per day and should at least be able to give an anytime pass with a legitimate conflict like us. HBD told us you have to checkin 45 mins before (8pm show) for the Fantasmic dining package.

The cost of Genie+ doubled but they put more stress on the guest. The lines at GET were not long (4 people there) around 10:30 am. It does seem like you’re right and that’s the plan going forward (Guests modify vs GeT).
If there was a conflict with a guest’s dining time then the guest should go to their ADR and then take their proof of dining with them to the attraction and they will be allowed to ride after their LL has expired. This was the case with FP+ and is the same with LL.

From your description above, if I’m interpreting it correctly, your conflict wasn’t with your ADR but rather with the Fantasmic show where you had secured seating by using a dining package.

Disney does not resolve conflicts when a guest chooses to book more than one attraction in the same time frame. Accepting a LL reservation at the time they also intend to be at Fantasmic is not a conflict Disney would ever resolve, even before modifying was a possibility.

Unless a change has recently been introduced, a guest should see the time of their LL return before clicking the final accept option. If the time changed after that final accept was clicked then it’s as you explained and guests need to modify to resolve the conflict. Not ideal but unfortunately the way G+ works.

If there was a conflict with a guest’s dining time then the guest should go to their ADR and then take their proof of dining with them to the attraction and they will be allowed to ride after their LL has expired. This was the case with FP+ and is the same with LL.

From your description above, if I’m interpreting it correctly, your conflict wasn’t with your ADR but rather with the Fantasmic show where you had secured seating by using a dining package.

Disney does not resolve conflicts when a guest chooses to book more than one attraction in the same time frame. Accepting a LL reservation at the time they also intend to be at Fantasmic is not a conflict Disney would ever resolve, even before modifying was a possibility.

Unless a change has recently been introduced, a guest should see the time of their LL return before clicking the final accept option. If the time changed after that final accept was clicked then it’s as you explained and guests need to modify to resolve the conflict. Not ideal but unfortunately the way G+ works.
Yes. I clicked 3:45 pm (was the time on the booking screen not initial) and it booked 7:30 pm. It was not my choice. In any case, I was able to refresh for an hour and get a decent time.

Last edited:
Not sure if something is changing or if it is because of Christmas but a Cast Member told us to not worry about a LL expiring and they weren’t enforcing return times. We did not intentionally try to verify this but showed up to Big Thunder Mountain around 30 minutes late and had no problem getting on. The scanners turned green and we went. Again might be a fluke but worth sharing
I would not try this at HS and definitely not for the Top Tier1 rides. Try to stick to your time. We got scolded on a Rider Switch for SDD eventhough it was valid until end of day (we came back around 7 pm). The CM told us you’re over 2 hours late!

Also at AlienSS they we had to make a solid case that ROTR (overlapped) can’t be ridden during the same hour (with rider switch it takes an hour and half or more). The CM argued that you have an extra 15 mins to come back. This was also when the standby was around 40 mins (had been 60-90 earlier). So even a Tier3 ride you had to argue to adjust entry.

If someone was looking at how many rides you can book with Genie+ during peak sold out day, you can pretty much get everything and we are a party of 5 and this was our experience 1/1.

Order to book:

7 am SDD
10:30 am (2 hrs after park opening) TOT
12:30 pm MMRR or MFSR (has single rider)

I had to keep modifying times but was able to move TOT (once a time popped up I hit change but kept going back and forth on that screen so didn’t have 2 steps to modify), MMRR, TSMM, AlienSS and Star Tours (booked ST after ROTR went down and modified it to 5 mins away).

ED7931C4-E389-4EE6-8B63-761C88741753.jpeg
Rode Alien SS standby (was a 45 min posted, waited more like 35)

D7AAD40D-E7A6-44B3-A98B-A80CBF81E49C.jpeg
Best strategy is to just book whatever time is available when your booking window opens and then keep trying to modify (won’t reset the 2 hour cool down).

AlienSS: I modified for 5:40 pm with refreshing (5:50 pm is shown below). After clicking the three dots on the right, you click view details and then modify plan. Then once a time pops up you click on ‘change to this time’ and keep going back and forth

232880C6-6F1A-4FDB-ADB0-93014755A1FF.jpeg
ROTR went down twice this day, but we sprinted over from Star Tours right when it opened and party1 was able to ride in 25 mins (usually takes 40). When we got out the LL line stretched 20 people outside and party 2 barely got to the loading area in 25 mins. It broke down again when party2 was rushing to ride it before our Fantasmic Dining package (first show 8 pm). They were standing on the colored stickers (loading area). We did get a notification for a refund and were issued an multi-experience pass after we left the park for Hs (had to rush to make our dinner ADR at Ohana, had 2 power banks and both ran out of charge-keep a cord as well so I didn’t see the multi-experience pass immediately). We took a cab. It took us 20 mins to exit Fantasmic with a double stroller; another 5-7 mins to exit the park.

I didn’t see the multi experience pass until we got to our room. I used the chat feature to move that anytime experience pass to the next day and the CM gave us 4 for Epcot (our 3 year old isn’t all enough) and they’re valid on GoTG as well!

Attachments

• F2A6E81C-7A26-474B-9088-A97E77FC6332.png
    F2A6E81C-7A26-474B-9088-A97E77FC6332.png
    71.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I do have to add, it was difficult to enjoy the lands and experiences as I kept looking down at my phone even while walking. I would suggest delegating this task. Everyone else in my party had a lot of fun, but I had to take 2 Advil and alcohol (ok maybe I didn’t have to have alcohol, but I had the purple cocktail with a glow cube, so just a little; I knew it was going to be a tough day at HS). Stay hydrated as well (forgot to take Liquid IV electrolytes). We did end up cancelling Oga’s as sit downs take a lot of time.

2 battery packs (ANKER 5000mAh) ran out of charge and I had a fully charged iPhone 13pro.

I also had bio freeze packets and my teen needed some (we all wore HoKa shoes).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B099Z478K9?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Last edited:
Modifying my LL reset the time I can next book!

I had a LL for 8:35-9:35. Said I can book my next attraction at 9:35, which is when it would expire.

Modified for 9:55–10:55. Now says I can book at 10:30am, which is 2 hours from park opening!

Is this known behavior or something related to early entry???

I had a LL for 8:35-9:35. Said I can book my next attraction at 9:35, which is when it would expire.

Modified for 9:55–10:55. Now says I can book at 10:30am, which is 2 hours from park opening!

This happened because you modified to a later time. You originally could book when your first LL expired which was earlier than park opening + 2 but since it was pushed until later it overrode the expiry time with 2 hours after park opening.

This happened because you modified to a later time. You originally could book when your first LL expired which was earlier than park opening + 2 but since it was pushed until later it overrode the expiry time with 2 hours after park opening.

Wait -- now I'm completely confused. I posted an example of exactly this scenario (it may have been in the JUST BACK thread where someone was recapping their experience daily) and they said it should NOT reset my timer.

After re-reading it, I think I understand, lol. Now just have to decide if any of our days would result in this scenario! I think my adult kids are unlikely to want to do Early Entry, so perhaps not.

Thanks to both of you for posting this specific scenario!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter