Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

GENIE+ for ANNUAL PASSHOLDERS

- Guests who have an AP and all guests on their reservation have an AP, will be eligible to purchase G+ after midnight

- Guests who have an AP and other guest on their reservation have regular tickets that have NOT had G+ purchased for length of stay, will be eligible to purchase G+ for all guests after midnight

- When Annual Passholders are attempting to purchase Genie+, they may encounter a glitch IF the other people on their reservation have:
- regular park tickets AND
- those guests purchased Genie+ for length of stay for their tickets
Update: Jul 22, 2022 - This challenge may no longer be happening. I would appreciate any feedback people have experienced since changes to Genie+ were made in June 2022. Thank you!​

- If this is your situation, you will not be able to purchase Genie+ for your Annual Pass at midnight. The system will not allow the purchase.

- The best option to fix is to call 1-407-939-4357 before 7:00 am and purchase Genie+ for AP(s). This number seems to be dedicated to Genie+ challenges and does not normally have a long wait time. Purchasing before 7:00 am will allow all guests to book Genie+ at 7:00 am.

- A common suggestion for the AP glitch is for guest services to advise guests to uninstall and reinstall the app. This does not fix the problem. Calling the number above should allow G+ to be purchased. Unfortunately it will mean a call each day you wish to add G+. :(
This challenge is no longer happening in my multiple experiences: "Update: Jul 22, 2022 - This challenge may no longer be happening. I would appreciate any feedback people have experienced since changes to Genie+ were made in June 2022. Thank you!"

This challenge is no longer happening in my multiple experiences: "Update: Jul 22, 2022 - This challenge may no longer be happening. I would appreciate any feedback people have experienced since changes to Genie+ were made in June 2022. Thank you!"
Thanks. I can update the post. I’m not an AP so no way to try it out. appreciate your help.

Hi all disney experts! I originally made my plans before the TRON opening info came out and I am a little confused. Do I really need a park pass reservation for MK to buy a TRON ILL? My plan was to spend the morning in another park and then hop to MK later (yes we have hoppers), so I wanted to buy the ILL for tron first thing in the morning. Will this work?

z
Hi all disney experts! I originally made my plans before the TRON opening info came out and I am a little confused. Do I really need a park pass reservation for MK to buy a TRON ILL? My plan was to spend the morning in another park and then hop to MK later (yes we have hoppers), so I wanted to buy the ILL for tron first thing in the morning. Will this work?
Based on current rules yes, assuming they don’t change for Tron.

Here are the Price Statistics for Genie+ in January. Hope that makes some sense :-)

Genie+ Price Statistics in January 2023
Lowest Price:
$15
Highest Price: $29
Average Price: $18.87

Genie+ Price Trend Chart January 2023
month_230131.png

Genie+ Prices in January 2023
Genie+ PriceAvailable in January 2023
$207 times
$157 times
$187 times
$176 times
$293 times
$251 times

Genie+ Price Average per Weekday in January 2023
WeekdayAverage Genie+ Price
Friday$17.50
Thursday$17.50
Wednesday$18.25
Saturday$18.75
Tuesday$18.80
Monday$20.20
Sunday$20.40

Genie+ Price by Weekday in January 2023
SundayGenie+ Price
2023-01-01$29
2023-01-08$17
2023-01-15$20
2023-01-22$18
2023-01-29$18
----------------
Average$20.40

MondayGenie+ Price
2023-01-02$29
2023-01-09$17
2023-01-16$20
2023-01-23$18
2023-01-30$17
----------------
Average$20.20

TuesdayGenie+ Price
2023-01-03$29
2023-01-10$15
2023-01-17$15
2023-01-24$20
2023-01-31$15
----------------
Average$18.80

WednesdayGenie+ Price
2023-01-04$25
2023-01-11$15
2023-01-18$15
2023-01-25$18
----------------
Average$18.25

ThursdayGenie+ Price
2023-01-05$20
2023-01-12$17
2023-01-19$15
2023-01-26$18
----------------
Average$17.50

FridayGenie+ Price
2023-01-06$20
2023-01-13$17
2023-01-20$15
2023-01-27$18
----------------
Average$17.50

SaturdayGenie+ Price
2023-01-07$17
2023-01-14$20
2023-01-21$18
2023-01-28$20
----------------
Average$18.75

Prices by Month
MonthLowestHighestAverage
December 2022$15$29$21.45
January 2023$15$29$18.87

December 2022 Statistics

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply! The parks announcement was confusing but I knew I had read somewhere that people were able to purchase LL in another park if they had hoppers. Hopefully this stays true for TRON!
You can purchase ILL$ at 7 am if you’re at an on-site resort and have a park reservation or hopper. If staying offsite, you cannot purchase until park opening.

The virtual queue, which is free, requires you to have a park reservation for the 7am drop or entered the park for the 1pm drop. If you don’t have reservations, but hop at 2pm and VQ is still open, you could join after scanning in.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!

You can purchase ILL$ at 7 am if you’re at an on-site resort and have a park reservation or hopper. If staying offsite, you cannot purchase until park opening.

The virtual queue, which is free, requires you to have a park reservation for the 7am drop or entered the park for the 1pm drop. If you don’t have reservations, but hop at 2pm and VQ is still open, you could join after scanning in.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!

This makes me worry a bit...we are only staying on-site 1 day of our 2-day park hopper passes. If check-in time isn't until after 3pm, will I still be able to utilize the ability to purchase the ILL @ the 7am window?

We are staying at a Disney resort and visiting Hollywood Studios on Friday, Feb 10. If we book Genie+ SDR at immediately at 7:00a will be still be able to book a $ILL for RotR immediately after booking SDR or are they all gone based on experience? Thanks.

We are staying at a Disney resort and visiting Hollywood Studios on Friday, Feb 10. If we book Genie+ SDR at immediately at 7:00a will be still be able to book a $ILL for RotR immediately after booking SDR or are they all gone based on experience? Thanks.
It is recommended to book SDD first as it will fill faster than RotR ILL$ sells out.

@musicguy856, even if we haven't actually checked in?
Yes.
If you wish, you can do online check-in.

You are also allowed to take advantage of the hotel amenities until your room is ready, and all-day and check out day (all day). You are allowed to use the pool, for example. You also get them park parking included.

there are some things that I like to go on that DH cant so I usually head out early and we meet up
so I though I would give genie+ a try and it flopped--I thought I knew what I was doing but guess not

heres what happened--I did a LL time for 105 for BTM--it was around 20 after when I got off the ride--I did HM and got a 405 time which I was hopping for earlier

so I thought if the return time was over 2 hrs you could book another genie+ but that seemed it was not the case

I tried for another one and got a message that I wasnt eligiable till 330

so how do people have genie+ stacked so they use later

thanks

It's two hours after the park opens – or two hours since you booked your last time slot. It's based on the time you booked your last LL not the LL time you got.

I assume you booked HM @ 1:30 so your next available LL would be at 3:30.

After you book one LL, then you have to wait until you go on that ride or wait two hours – whichever is the shortest duration – before you can book the next LL. If you ever used the old paper Fastpass, the system works very similar to how they do.

People book one at 7am, then one at 9am (or park opening), and go from there. Sometimes, in the morning, you can go from LL to LL with minimal wait and then the distributions will start to get further out during the day. You have to be creative with which ride you get at which time to make sure you have the rides you want, without passing up lower hanging fruit that may be available in less than 2 hours..

After you book one LL, then you have to wait until you go on that ride or wait two hours – whichever is the shortest duration – before you can book the next LL. If you ever used the old paper Fastpass, the system works very similar to how they do.

People book one at 7am, then one at 9am (or park opening), and go from there. Sometimes, in the morning, you can go from LL to LL with minimal wait and then the distributions will start to get further out during the day. You have to be creative with which ride you get at which time to make sure you have the rides you want, without passing up lower hanging fruit that may be available in less than 2 hours..
A note of clarification, a guest can book their first LL at 7AM and then either 2 hours AFTER the park opens or, when they have ridden the attraction they booked at 7AM if it is sooner than 2 hours after park opening.

Guests cannot book a 2nd LL at park opening.

z

Based on current rules yes, assuming they don’t change for Tron.
That is not correct. You can buy an ILL for another park if you have a hopper but only for times after 2pm. It's the VQ where you need a park reservation (with the caveat that if they do a second VQ time at 1pm you will likely be able to do it when you enter MK if hopping to it that day.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter