Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

And if you modify a time, it resets and pushes out your next pick 2 more
Hours. This destroyed us today
This isn’t accurate. I’ve modified many times including this past week:weekend and it didn’t reset my clock.
That's only if you modify the time later - you have a 2 hour cooling off period between picks, but if your pick expires in less than 2 hours then your next pick can happen earlier. Example, at 12:25 I booked a 12:35-1:35 FP so I was eligible to pick again at 1:35 when that expired. I modified the time to make it a 1:35-2:35 FP which changed my eligibility window to 2:25. But when I picked a 4:30 at 12:25 I was next eligible at 2:25 and that was true no matter how many times I modified the 4:30 FP.

Regardless that this sounds like we're talking about complicated math to book PAID reservations at a massive theme park means there's a pretty serious issue with the system. It should be obvious and easy what will happen at all times.
This is correct.

Or your 2 hours is your 2 hours. Unless you book a return time sooner then 2 hours which means it’s less then 2 hours. If you modify that return time it would push out to the lessor of 2 hours or new return time.

I do agree with you need a masters degree to really work the system. I traveled with 7 people this week 4 of us have AP and go frequently and they all say you know this system, you handle it. If you don’t really learn it you’re at a disadvantage.

I don’t love that I pay for genie + but I love I know how to use it best and get the most out of it for my family.

Do you think there's a chance that they've raised the cheapest genie plus to $20? I've been watching the wait times and they're really low this week but the price for genie plus has not dropped below $20.

Do you think there's a chance that they've raised the cheapest genie plus to $20? I've been watching the wait times and they're really low this week but the price for genie plus has not dropped below $20.
I've noticed that too... But it's Spring Break season so maybe that's the reason.

According to Thrill Data, it was $15 for the first few days in Feb, and $18 on the 14th and 15th. I agree (hope) it might be because of the crowds.

According to Thrill Data, it was $15 for the first few days in Feb, and $18 on the 14th and 15th. I agree (hope) it might be because of the crowds.
Yeah and the $15 and $18 days had only slightly lower waits than this week. I hope we'll see $15 again!

Here are the Genie+ Price Statistics for February 2023. For the first time Genie+ has been sold out. On February 19th and 20th. The price on both days has been $29. I guess, the parks must have been packed.

Genie+ Price Statistics in February 2023
Lowest Price:
$15
Highest Price: $29
Average Price: $20.25

Genie+ Price Trend Chart February 2023
month_230228.png

Genie+ Prices in February 2023
Genie+ PriceAvailable in February 2023
$209 times
$186 times
$226 times
$154 times
$293 times

Genie+ Price Average per Weekday in February 2023

WeekdayAverage Genie+ Price
Wednesday$18.25
Thursday$19.25
Tuesday$19.50
Friday$19.75
Saturday$21.50
Monday$21.75
Sunday$21.75

Genie+ Price by Weekday in February 2023
SundayGenie+ Price
2023-02-05$18
2023-02-12$20
2023-02-19$29
2023-02-26$20
----------------
Average$21.75

MondayGenie+ Price
2023-02-06$18
2023-02-13$20
2023-02-20$29
2023-02-27$20
----------------
Average$21.75

TuesdayGenie+ Price
2023-02-07$18
2023-02-14$18
2023-02-21$22
2023-02-28$20
----------------
Average$19.50

WednesdayGenie+ Price
2023-02-01$15
2023-02-08$18
2023-02-15$18
2023-02-22$22
----------------
Average$18.25

ThursdayGenie+ Price
2023-02-02$15
2023-02-09$20
2023-02-16$20
2023-02-23$22
----------------
Average$19.25

FridayGenie+ Price
2023-02-03$15
2023-02-10$20
2023-02-17$22
2023-02-24$22
----------------
Average$19.75

SaturdayGenie+ Price
2023-02-04$15
2023-02-11$22
2023-02-18$29
2023-02-25$20
----------------
Average$21.50

NEW: Genie+ Sold out in February 2023
DatePrice before
2023-02-19$29
2023-02-20$29

Prices by Month
MonthLowestHighestAverage
December 2022$15$29$21.45
January 2023$15$29$18.87
February 2023$15$29$22.25

December 2022 Statistics
January 2023 Statistics

Last edited:
I really think that they have changed the price structure and the lowest we are going to see from now on is $20. Last week was very low crowds and we have not seen the 15 or $18 price points. I just think it's interesting that they have not come out and said that.

Appreciate everyone's quick trip reports on when they booked certain rides. I've done my research for my May trip but it's useful to see real experiences of when people booked various rides. As a quick background-going with my Mom. Historically both frequent fliers at WDW, but my Mom hasn't been to MK since 2018, Epcot 2017, and HS 2011. We have 1 day - major trip goals are to see new rides/experiences for her that are NOT thrill rides. So we want to get on some rides, but that's not the only goal of the day. Starting at MK, hopping to HS and EP as time allows. We could do the hopping in either order depending on G+ reservations.

Based on what I've read - does this make sense below as a stacking strategy? Realizing of course that there is a lot of variability and I may need to be ready to pivot ride choices and modify times if possible.

1)book FEA at 7AM
2)book MMRR 2 hrs after MK opening (11AM will be likely)
3)book TSM at 1PM
4)book remaining rides as times/choices make sense

This plan leans into stacking and would essentially forego G+ for the time we are at MK. Does that make sense or are the lines going to weigh us down there? Would it be better to replace the first, second, or third pick with a MK ride or two, in an effort to do less waiting around there? Or does that mess up the second half of our day too much?

Also please say if it makes more sense to just repost this question the first week of May after we have a little bit of a sense of how much Tron changes the equation at MK :)

Appreciate everyone's quick trip reports on when they booked certain rides. I've done my research for my May trip but it's useful to see real experiences of when people booked various rides. As a quick background-going with my Mom. Historically both frequent fliers at WDW, but my Mom hasn't been to MK since 2018, Epcot 2017, and HS 2011. We have 1 day - major trip goals are to see new rides/experiences for her that are NOT thrill rides. So we want to get on some rides, but that's not the only goal of the day. Starting at MK, hopping to HS and EP as time allows. We could do the hopping in either order depending on G+ reservations.

Based on what I've read - does this make sense below as a stacking strategy? Realizing of course that there is a lot of variability and I may need to be ready to pivot ride choices and modify times if possible.

1)book FEA at 7AM
2)book MMRR 2 hrs after MK opening (11AM will be likely)
3)book TSM at 1PM
4)book remaining rides as times/choices make sense

This plan leans into stacking and would essentially forego G+ for the time we are at MK. Does that make sense or are the lines going to weigh us down there? Would it be better to replace the first, second, or third pick with a MK ride or two, in an effort to do less waiting around there? Or does that mess up the second half of our day too much?

Also please say if it makes more sense to just repost this question the first week of May after we have a little bit of a sense of how much Tron changes the equation at MK :)
I am torn myself about whether that first genie+ ride at epcot should be frozen or Remy.

I am torn myself about whether that first genie+ ride at epcot should be frozen or Remy.
Yes, based on everything I've read, Remy is the best first pick at Epcot - my setup is more personalized given that my Mom doesn't like Remy. Still a real chance that I shift this whole plan down 1 and and book myself a Remy at 7AM :) But for now going with a plan that suits us going on everything together!

I'm curious how the LL work for shows? Does it just bypass the queue or is there a separate seating section? Are they let in before everyone else? Thanks

Yes, based on everything I've read, Remy is the best first pick at Epcot - my setup is more personalized given that my Mom doesn't like Remy. Still a real chance that I shift this whole plan down 1 and and book myself a Remy at 7AM :) But for now going with a plan that suits us going on everything together!
What about Remy vs test track?

I'm curious how the LL work for shows? Does it just bypass the queue or is there a separate seating section? Are they let in before everyone else? Thanks
There’s a separate queue, and they’re let in before the standby line is let in. When we saw Lion King in AK this past January, our LL time was 2:30-2:50 for the 3:00 show, and standby was allowed in around 2:50.

Hello Everyone! I am hoping someone can help! Originally when setting up My Disney Experince account I added my husband and my teen (17 yrs) names and tickets into my account and labeled them as me being in charge of planning. However, then I read on one of the recommended sites that when trying for genie + reservations having all three of us login and try to obtain a reservation would be beneficial. I am also not sure if we can use one phone for entrance for all of us into the parks? I tried to have my daughter set up an account and then link my code but then that made her show up twice in my acount and hers. What is your recommendation? Should I keep everyone on my account and just try for the genie + from the one account (one phone) or should I delete them each from my account, have them set up their own and then link us all together, - will each of us having separate accounts cause more issues when wanting to make genie+ reservations? Just for information, we are going during spring break week of March 12, 2023, so it will be a peak time and we are not park hopping. We are staying at an off site Disney hotel which allows us to have extra magic hours. We have not been to Disney in 7-8 years so all of my touring knowledge from the numerous times we went when my kids were little is of little use :( Thanks in advance!

Sorry if this has been answered. I've used G+ a few times, but not since the ability to modify was added. If I book my family for say, Star Tours, and then see a ToT pop up, can I modify the Star Tours LL for just some of the party? Or can I only modify the LL for the whole party?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter