Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

We are hoping to do Tron, Guardians, Remy, Expedition Everest, Tower of Terror, and a bunch of Magic Kingdom rides (HM, SM, Peter Pan, Jungle cruise, Pirates) in I've day. What should I prioritize at 7am? Tron seems like the first thought, but what goes second? Guardians? Tower of Terror? EE?

Looking at page 1 it’s shows Meet Mickey and Minnie as a top spot to reserve. We are going next week with our 7 month old. What are some suggestions as what to book right at 7am? We plan to be there for rope drop and have breakfast at crystal palace at 1040. Any help is appreciated

Looking at page 1 it’s shows Meet Mickey and Minnie as a top spot to reserve. We are going next week with our 7 month old. What are some suggestions as what to book right at 7am? We plan to be there for rope drop and have breakfast at crystal palace at 1040. Any help is appreciated
Sorry, what 'page 1' are you looking at? The MK attractions that will fill first a Jungle Cruise and Peter Pan's Flight normally. Not sure where you're seeing MM and M recommended?

Sorry, just saw it. LOL - wrote it so long ago that didn't remember it being there. Looking at Thrill-Data it is no longer a LL that fills quickly so I'm going to update it. Thanks for your help!

Sorry, what 'page 1' are you looking at? The MK attractions that will fill first a Jungle Cruise and Peter Pan's Flight normally. Not sure where you're seeing MM and M recommended?

Sorry, just saw it. LOL - wrote it so long ago that didn't remember it being there. Looking at Thrill-Data it is no longer a LL that fills quickly so I'm going to update it. Thanks for your help!
It’s all good

What would you recommend to start our day out?

Do we know if Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is remaining an individual lightning lane after Tron opens?

So just wanted to give an update on Genie day! It was a sold out day for it (3/15). It was our arrival day and so from home in Missouri I booked Guardians VQ right at 7am (6am my time) and got boarding group 84 with an estimated 2pm call back. I then immediately booked Remy for 5:10-6:10. At 11am (by this time Test Track and Frozen were gone) I booked Soarin for 3:50-4:50. I was on the plane so was a little late on my 1pm booking but booked Spaceship Earth ASAP just to lock in a booking time. I immediately started refreshing while waiting to deplane and in the UBer to the hotel and modified SE to a Test Track for 3:30-4:30!!! It had popped up a couple times before I was fast enough. At the 3pm slot I booked BTMRR 10-11pm as we were hopping to MK for late hours. By this point we were walking into Epcot. I had wanted Space but it literally booked up as I was clicking. At 5pm I booked Spaceship Earth for 7:30-8:30. We ended up using our VQ for Guardians around 7pm but did have to wait an hour in line. We then hopped to MK and hit all the highlights during the deluxe hours. Considering we skipped Test Track (115 min wait), Remy (135 min wait), Soarin (70 min wait) and BTMRR (65 min wait) I felt like I got my money’s worth with a late arrival. But it definitely took some knowledge and skill with a little bit of luck as to how best to work the system today. The only one we didn’t really “need” was SE and I should have used it in something at MK but there wasn’t much left that was good and it was in DS to-do list. It will be a couple days before we use it again, we have a blizzard beaxh day and rest day planned.

Just need a reminder on how the Genie plus works. I know I can buy it the morning of my park day, but when can I book the LL rides through it? We are staying on property. Is it 7:00 a.m., and do we have to be inside the park to do so, or can it be done while we are in our resort room?

Also, can we purchase Genie plus AND book separate ILL at the same time?

TIA
Dee

I assume you have already figured it out by now, but yes, you can book from your on site hotel room and yes, you can book a $ILL at the same time as your first LL

Forgive me if this has already been asked. My question is about G+ timing when different members of your party want to ride different things.

My dad is the only member of my party who wants to ride slinky dog. Since it's so popular, I plan to book it for him at 7:00 a.m. That means he won't be eligible to book another ride until 10:30 (2 hours after park opening).

We would all like to ride MMRR together. Let's say I'm able to book it for the rest of our party with an arrival window starting at noon. Then at 10:30 when my dad is eligible, will I be able to add him to our existing reservation without losing our noon timeslot? Or will I have to rebook with whatever timeslot is available at 10:30?

I've been watching the tip board during equally busy weeks and it seems like if we have to wait until 10:30 to book, we won't be able to get MMRR until later afternoon at which point we hope to be park hopping.

Thanks!

I don't know of any one has experienced this yet but apparently the latest update to Genie+ is your 2 hour cool down resets whenever your modify LL
This has not been reported yet. Did this happen to you?

This is a pretty big change so I would anticipate IF it's the case, it would be reported by the major Disney sources.

Off to investigate....

Cannot find any reliable source to support this. Please post a link to source of this information. Thanks.

Last edited:
Forgive me if this has already been asked. My question is about G+ timing when different members of your party want to ride different things.

My dad is the only member of my party who wants to ride slinky dog. Since it's so popular, I plan to book it for him at 7:00 a.m. That means he won't be eligible to book another ride until 10:30 (2 hours after park opening).

We would all like to ride MMRR together. Let's say I'm able to book it for the rest of our party with an arrival window starting at noon. Then at 10:30 when my dad is eligible, will I be able to add him to our existing reservation without losing our noon timeslot? Or will I have to rebook with whatever timeslot is available at 10:30?

I've been watching the tip board during equally busy weeks and it seems like if we have to wait until 10:30 to book, we won't be able to get MMRR until later afternoon at which point we hope to be park hopping.

Thanks!
Most likely you would not be able to add your dad to your booking as when he is eligible it will be past your booking window. You could approach the Blue Umbrellas and ask there knowing the answer could go either way.

I've seen this reported elsewhere and am just trying to confirm if this is true from anyone currently at WDW. When "modifying" was first introduced as an option, using the "modify" option did not reset your 2 hour cooldown timer. I am now hearing that Genie+ has been updated and modifying your most recent fastpass will reset your countdown timer at 2 hours (seriously hampering your ability to stack rides for later in the day). Can anyone confirm if this is true?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter