Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

I wanted to echo the above - rope drop during Easter week was a one ride option then everything was gridlock. There was no riding 2-3 rides.
Also, for the modification - it works well if you want a later ride, but be very very careful if you want an earlier time. We got burned a few times getting a later time when I hit confirm for an earlier time. But even the Genie plus at MK was pointless on 4/6. We got the first ride at the stroke of 7 a.m. Got 10 a.m. Then at 9 a.m. when I tried for the second Genie plus, nothing was available until mid-afternoon. Every line at that point was 45 minutes minimum, It really was awful. I went to the front desk and they refunded me the Genie plus cost. I explained to them this was my 5th day of using it and it had worked fine on other days - even 4/4 at MK but on 4/6 it was a cluster.

There are known drops for certain Disney rides on Genie+. These are specific times when certain popular rides release additional Genie+ times every day. This is discussed over at touring plans in chat and the forums from time to time.

Drops are real and definitely happen at the same time every day for specific rides.

This is our first trip using park hoppers and I want to make sure I'm stacking correctly. If we want to get G+ LL for the park we are hopping to, will it automatically give us times after 2pm? Or do I have to wait and watch until they get to 2pm?

This is our first trip using park hoppers and I want to make sure I'm stacking correctly. If we want to get G+ LL for the park we are hopping to, will it automatically give us times after 2pm? Or do I have to wait and watch until they get to 2pm?
You will need to wait until the return time for all guests is 2PM or later if booking for the park you're hopping to.

You will need to wait until the return time for all guests is 2PM or later if booking for the park you're hopping to.
Is this different than it was before? I didn't pay attention too much since I didn't have PH last year, but I thought I'd seen differently. Did it change?

Yes it changed sometime last year. Not sure of the actual date.
Yes - I think it was when they added the ability to modify.

I will say that this was not really an issue for us - we would typically target the more popular things in the second park anyway, and their return times usually fairly quickly pushed out to after 2:00. Jungle Cruise, for example, books up fast so you would likely see times after 2:00 pretty early in the day.

You can just pick any ride and then just modify it later and later throughout the day until it's the time you choose. I wanted navi river around 7 PM and when I got it the 1st time it was for like 11 and I just kept moving it later and later.

You can just pick any ride and then just modify it later and later throughout the day until it's the time you choose. I wanted navi river around 7 PM and when I got it the 1st time it was for like 11 and I just kept moving it later and later.
I'll admit I have not used G+ since modifying was brought into play. Would a guest be offered a time at a park they do not have a reservation for, before 2PM or, would it just say something like, 'no times available'?

E.g. I have a park reservation for Epcot. I'm looking at booking an attraction at MK but the current return time is only 11:00AM. Would that time be displayed for me to select even though I cannot enter MK at 11:00AM with my current park reservation? (Still learning here. Thanks for any help you can offer.)

I'll admit I have not used G+ since modifying was brought into play. Would a guest be offered a time at a park they do not have a reservation for, before 2PM or, would it just say something like, 'no times available'?

E.g. I have a park reservation for Epcot. I'm looking at booking an attraction at MK but the current return time is only 11:00AM. Would that time be displayed for me to select even though I cannot enter MK at 11:00AM with my current park reservation? (Still learning here. Thanks for any help you can offer.)
Yes, it will tell you that your MK 'hopping' attraction is unavailable when you try to book it. That's what we saw.

I have to say, 'modify' was a huge help for us when getting them most our to Genie+/LL on days we decided to purchase it. It was simple to use, kept our 'next-available-time' clock moving so we could make another reservation, and really allowed us to get a time window suitable for our schedule. Not as easy as selecting an actual time (like for ILLs), but a definite improvement.

I don't think I actually tried to book a ride for a second park that it did not show up as after 2. My navi river example was when I had an animal kingdom reservation. Sorry I don't have any 1st hand experience.

If MK is open until 11p, what is the latest available ILL time that you can purchase for Tron? Are there times after 9pm?

Does “modifying” a genie plus ride time reset the two hour clock? Last time we went there was no modify option, like the system wasn’t already enough to learn and keep track of!

I have an anytime LL good for tomorrow (Test Track went down right before my 8:25 PM LL). I can still get a new one for a ride at 7:00 am, right? And then how does the magic tap know which one to use? I was hoping to save the anytime for Jungle Cruise later in the day and go for Peter Pan at 7:00.

A big thank you to you @scrappinginontario for keeping page 1 current. I'm sure it's a big task. As someone who started following after there were already more than 100 pages, I appreciate your efforts immensely!
Hear, hear! Yes, I don't think @scrappinginontario gets near enough credit for that. I really appreciate that when I refer people to this thread I can say with confidence that if they read page 1 they'll have the basics as they are now.

A big thank you to you @scrappinginontario for keeping page 1 current. I'm sure it's a big task. As someone who started following after there were already more than 100 pages, I appreciate your efforts immensely!

Hear, hear! Yes, I don't think @scrappinginontario gets near enough credit for that. I really appreciate that when I refer people to this thread I can say with confidence that if they read page 1 they'll have the basics as they are now.
Thanks so much and you are SO welcome!!

I’m glad so many find it helpful! lol, I used it myself when we were planning our first trip with Genie+.

Thanks to all those who add their feedback snd experience to help keep the posts on page 1 current!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter