Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Is Disney not enforcing return times for Tron and GOTG with ILL? I know that Tron virtual queue return times are being enforced, but I wasn't entirely sure if that was the case when you purchased ILL. Thank you!

Yes, of the OP's list, FOP and ROTR are ILL/standby, and Remy's is G+/LL or standby. I also agree that it likely means the ILLs are already gone for FOP and ROTR, and G+/LL is gone for Remy's for the day.
We are going in May but hopping to HS at 2p. Can we book LL for ROTR from our first park?

Thank you so much!
I will try for Slinky first before Rise.
We are going in June so hopefully RnR will be open 🤞
In case no one else has addressed this (I haven't yet read the rest of this thread after your post), with your plan, you should be prepared to wait in a pretty long queue for MMRR--perhaps an hour or more. The line builds up quickly during ETPE and only diminishes if the ride goes down.

Also, G+ is probably unnecessary for ST, but my info about this is solely based on others' posts, not on my direct experience. The MMRR advice, however, is based on personal experience.

In case no one else has addressed this (I haven't yet read the rest of this thread after your post), with your plan, you should be prepared to wait in a pretty long queue for MMRR--perhaps an hour or more. The line builds up quickly during ETPE and only diminishes if the ride goes down.

Also, G+ is probably unnecessary for ST, but my info about this is solely based on others' posts, not on my direct experience. The MMRR advice, however, is based on personal experience.
May I ask how often this happened to you with MMRR? I've ridden it 3 times (twice with LL) and not experienced an hour wait anytime so it may be situation dependent.

May I ask how often this happened to you with MMRR? I've ridden it 3 times (twice with LL) and not experienced an hour wait anytime so it may be situation dependent.
I've RD'd MMRR a couple of times and by the time I got off the ride the line was already 40+ minutes long, so I didn't ride again at that point.

I think it just depends on when you're there, how crowded the park is, etc.

The poster I was replying to was planning to RD RnR and TT before going to MMRR. At that point, the line could possibly be quite long. At least the last couple of times I was at DHS last month this was the case. For sure it varies day by day.

Thank you! Maybe I should use G+ for MMRR and not ST. Thanks for the info!

Can anyone help me with strategy? We are park hopping, and want to do Expedition Everest in AK and Tower of Terror in HS. Our hope is something like this:

RD MK, ride (in order of importance) Tron, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Pirates, Peter Pan, Jungle Cruise.
Park hop to AK, ride Expedition Everest
Park hop to HS, Ride Tower of Terror
Return to MK for Happily Ever After, maybe a second Tron ride if that's possible.

My current plan is to be awake for the 7am rush - buying an ILL$ for Tron. At that point is Tower of Terror my smartest next step because it often sells out early? If I use my 7am time slot to make the Tower of Terror reservation, can I select a time in the late afternoon?

I'm thinking that anything at MK will have short lines for an hour or so after Rope Drop so it's okay to book at 9am. Or would I be better off trying for an afternoon Expedition Everest LL with my 9am attempt?

I'm assuming that once I have my EE & ToT LL booked, at my 11am slot I'm good to just grab whatever is left at MK.

is there a better way to organize this?

Can anyone help me with strategy? We are park hopping, and want to do Expedition Everest in AK and Tower of Terror in HS. Our hope is something like this:

RD MK, ride (in order of importance) Tron, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain, Pirates, Peter Pan, Jungle Cruise.
Return to MK for Happily Ever After, maybe a second Tron ride if that's possible.

My current plan is to be awake for the 7am rush - buying an ILL$ for Tron. At that point is Tower of Terror my smartest next step because it often sells out early? If I use my 7am time slot to make the Tower of Terror reservation, can I select a time in the late afternoon?

I'm thinking that anything at MK will have short lines for an hour or so after Rope Drop so it's okay to book at 9am. Or would I be better off trying for an afternoon Expedition Everest LL with my 9am attempt?

I'm assuming that once I have my EE & ToT LL booked, at my 11am slot I'm good to just grab whatever is left at MK.

You can grab ToT at 7 am and just keep modifying it until it's late enough for you. Don't forget single rider for EE if you need that 11 am LL for something at MK.

How well your plan will work could depend on how busy a day you are going. However, I see a few potential flaws in your reasoning. If you make Tower of Terror your first G+ LL, you can make your second two hours after DHS opens. If DHS opens at 8:30, as it does now, that will be 10:30, not 9:00. You can then make your next one two hours after that (12:30), unless you tap in earlier. You can only make a G+ LL for Tower of Terror after the return time is 2:00 or later. Today, it was almost Noon before the return time was after 2:00. Of course, if you go at a busier time, the return time will reach 2:00 much earlier. As the prior poster said, once you get a G+ LL for Tower of Terror, you can modify it to a later time once the return times have changed to the time you desire. So, your Tower of Terror strategy works better on busy days. However, if it is a busy day and you wait until you book your third G+ LL of the day (12:30) to start booking at MK, you may find that some of them. like Jungle Cruise and Peter Pan, are only available for times after you will be hopping, while some of the ones that are available for times before you park hop will nevertheless be hours in the future, meaning you won't be able to get many of them before you park hop unless you spend your time on your phone refreshing for better times. It's on the days that are least busy that you can book a G+ LL at MK with a return time not far in the future, then book another once you tap into that, then another . . .

You do not get to select times for G+ LL reservations. They're always next available time.

Last edited:
How well your plan will work could depend on how busy a day you are going. However, I see a few potential flaws in your reasoning. If you make Tower of Terror your first G+ LL, you can make your second two hours after DHS opens. If DHS opens at 8:30, as it does now, that will be 10:30, not 9:00. You can then make your next one two hours after that (12:30). You can only make a G+ LL for Tower of Terror after the return time is 2:00 or later. Today, it was almost Noon before the return time was after 2:00. Of course, if you go at a busier time, the return time will reach 2:00 much earlier. As the prior poster said, once you get a G+ LL for Tower of Terror, you can modify it to a later time once the return times have changed to the time you desire. So, your Tower of Terror strategy works better on busy days. However, if it is a busy day and you wait until you book your third G+ LL of the day (12:30) to start booking at MK, you may find that some of them. like Jungle Cruise and Peter Pan, are only available for times after you will be hopping, while some of the ones that are available for times before you park hop will nevertheless be hours in the future, meaning you won't be able to get many of them before you park hop unless you spend your time on your phone refreshing for better times. It's on the days that are least busy that you can book a G+ LL at MK with a return time not far in the future, then book another once you tap into that, then another . . .
So what would you suggest? We're going on a day that's listed as 6/10, moderate crowds by undercover tourist. It's a random Thursday in May, so no holidays, etc. Is there any way to tell day of or even the day before how busy things are?

So what would you suggest? We're going on a day that's listed as 6/10, moderate crowds by undercover tourist. It's a random Thursday in May, so no holidays, etc. Is there any way to tell day of or even the day before how busy things are?
That 6/10 is itself a prediction of how busy a day it will be. If you want to see how that translates in terms of G+ LL return times, see this article.

I agree with your thought to select it for MMRR over ST.
Thank you! So I think my plan will be:

7am- G+ for Slinky or MMRR if no early Slinky time.
7am-ILL RotR
Ride order at 8am EMH early opening:
RnR
ToT for 3 of us/other 2 go to MF
G+Slinky or MMRR
Aliens Saucers
G+-MMRR (if Slinky G+ successful)
G+-TSMM
ST-Standby
ILL for RotR whenever it is called

(I have a feeling Slinky won't work out and no one in my family cares except for me lol!)

Since you don't have a reservation for HS, the system will not let you make a TOT Genie + until there is one available after 2 PM. While it is earlier to sell out than some others, It may be worth while to try and snag a Peter Pan or Jungle cruise at MK, or something earlier in the morning, then after you use it or hit your 2 hours mark try for ToT. If you don't mind checking the app, you can always keep an eye on it to see what the available times are at.

*Or you could play the system a little. Since slinky dog goes very fast at HS, book that one, then modify your slinky reservation to ToT once the time you are looking for is available. This will still kick in the 2 hour rule and you would not be able to book another LL until 2 hours after HS opens. With my first suggestion you may be able to knock out a couple of LL at MK before having to kick in the 2 hour rule.

*Or you could play the system a little. Since slinky dog goes very fast at HS, book that one, then modify your slinky reservation to ToT once the time you are looking for is available. This will still kick in the 2 hour rule and you would not be able to book another LL until 2 hours after HS opens. With my first suggestion you may be able to knock out a couple of LL at MK before having to kick in the 2 hour rule.
This sounds like the best idea. Thank you!

When I was at MK on April 19, we bought g+. Pirates was down but I booked a LL for it. Because it was still down at our LL time, it turned into a multiple experiences pass. We had gotten LL at that point for other rides we wanted to do or had waited in a short standby line, so I grabbed Pirates again. I didn't think I could but apparently since I hadn't actually used the Pirates LL, I could book it again. I ended up doing this 5 times and getting 5 multiple experiences passes. When I was booking them, the return window was within the hour. They turned to multiple experiences before the scheduled time. You couldn't use the multiple experience on Tron, Space Mountain and Peter Pan, among others. I wish I had taken a screenshot of what was included/excluded but I forgot. We used them later in the night to ride Pirates (it had finally opened), Haunted Mansion, and BTMR. My husband says I cheated the system but I don't think so. I used my knowledge of it to work to my advantage.

When I was at MK on April 19, we bought g+. Pirates was down but I booked a LL for it. Because it was still down at our LL time, it turned into a multiple experiences pass. We had gotten LL at that point for other rides we wanted to do or had waited in a short standby line, so I grabbed Pirates again. I didn't think I could but apparently since I hadn't actually used the Pirates LL, I could book it again. I ended up doing this 5 times and getting 5 multiple experiences passes. When I was booking them, the return window was within the hour. They turned to multiple experiences before the scheduled time. You couldn't use the multiple experience on Tron, Space Mountain and Peter Pan, among others. I wish I had taken a screenshot of what was included/excluded but I forgot. We used them later in the night to ride Pirates (it had finally opened), Haunted Mansion, and BTMR. My husband says I cheated the system but I don't think so. I used my knowledge of it to work to my advantage.
I did that last year during a storm. LL for Dumbo were available for right now and within 5 min transformed in multiple experiences. I think I got 4 multiple experiences before they stopped offerting the Dumbo LL during the storm.

I used to do that with FP+. One July 3 I ended up with more rides stacked than we could use before the park closed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter