Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Question about multiple experience pass (if your G+ reservation goes down) - can this be used on rides that you have already booked G+ for earlier that day? Also, does anyone have a list of restricted rides that aren't eligible for this pass (I saw space mtn and Peter pan alluded to upthread...)?

Question about multiple experience pass (if your G+ reservation goes down) - can this be used on rides that you have already booked G+ for earlier that day? Also, does anyone have a list of restricted rides that aren't eligible for this pass (I saw space mtn and Peter pan alluded to upthread...)?
I don't have a list of excluded rides but yes, it can be used for a ride which you previously used an LL for and, more than one can be used for the same ride I believe.

Genie+ Price Statistics in April 2023
Lowest Price: $15
Highest Price: $35
Average Price: $26

month_230430.png

Genie+ Prices in April 2023
Genie+ PriceAvailable in January 2023
$3511 times
$208 times
$186 times
$293 times
$251 times
$151 times

Genie+ Price Average per Weekday in April 2023
WeekdayAverage Genie+ Price
Sunday$23.80
Saturday$25.00
Monday$25.50
Thursday$27.00
Tuesday$27.00
Wednesday$27.00
Friday$27.50

Genie+ Price by Weekday in April 2023
SundayGenie+ Price
2023-04-02$29
2023-04-09$35
2023-04-16$20
2023-04-23$15
2023-04-30$20
----------------
Average$23.80

MondayGenie+ Price
2023-04-03$29
2023-04-10$35
2023-04-17$20
2023-04-24$18
----------------
Average$25.50

TuesdayGenie+ Price
2023-04-04$35
2023-04-11$35
2023-04-18$20
2023-04-25$18
----------------
Average$27.00

WednesdayGenie+ Price
2023-04-05$35
2023-04-12$35
2023-04-19$20
2023-04-26$18
----------------
Average$27.00

ThursdayGenie+ Price
2023-04-06$35
2023-04-13$35
2023-04-20$20
2023-04-27$18
----------------
Average$27.00

FridayGenie+ Price
2023-04-07$35
2023-04-14$35
2023-04-21$20
2023-04-28$20
----------------
Average$27.50

SaturdayGenie+ Price
2023-04-01$29
2023-04-08$35
2023-04-15$25
2023-04-22$18
2023-04-29$18
----------------
Average$25.00

Genie+ Sold out in April 2023
DatePrice before
2023-04-03$29
2023-04-04$35
2023-04-06$35

Prices by Month
MonthLowestHighestAverage
December 2022$15$29$21.45
January 2023$15$29$18.87
February 2023$15$29$22.25
March 2023$18$29$24.94
April 2023$15$35$26

I'm taking a trip with the family in June, and this is our first time using Genie+. I've been reading up on how to stack LL reservations, and have a question about eligibility to make another LL reservation when activating the 120 minute rule.

If I have let's say 4 rides stacked for the afternoon using the 120 minute rule, and I scan into my first LL reservation before the 120 minutes has passed to make my 5th stacked reservation, can I then book another LL reservation because I scanned into a ride? Or do I still need to wait for the rest of the 120 minutes to pass from when I booked stacked-ride-#4? Does scanning into a ride before the 120 minutes has passed from stacked-ride-#4 mess anything up in terms of being able to book another one? Thanks for the help!

I'm taking a trip with the family in June, and this is our first time using Genie+. I've been reading up on how to stack LL reservations, and have a question about eligibility to make another LL reservation when activating the 120 minute rule.

If I have let's say 4 rides stacked for the afternoon using the 120 minute rule, and I scan into my first LL reservation before the 120 minutes has passed to make my 5th stacked reservation, can I then book another LL reservation because I scanned into a ride? Or do I still need to wait for the rest of the 120 minutes to pass from when I booked stacked-ride-#4? Does scanning into a ride before the 120 minutes has passed from stacked-ride-#4 mess anything up in terms of being able to book another one? Thanks for the help!

The clock resets when you scan into the LL you booked most recently.

The Modifying post on page 1 of this thread easily explains what resets the clock.

Last edited:
My exluded list changed. My Test Track because a multi-experience good for almost everything in any of the parks but the purchased ILL rides. And because it was late in the day, the multi-experience was good for the next day, too. Used it in MK for Peter Pan. On April 19 (same day as a previous poster), my POC became a multi-experience, which had a fairly long list of exclusions. Ended up using it for POC anyway when the ride reopened.

at 11 am, when I was allowed to, after purchasing FOPat 7….and it said I was ineligible, that I’d rescued the maximum number of LL selections for this experience today.

Kali is my favorite ride - I don’t understand why it says I’ve already used a LL on this.

Has anyone dealt with this before? Thanks!

at 11 am, when I was allowed to, after purchasing FOPat 7….and it said I was ineligible, that I’d rescued the maximum number of LL selections for this experience today.

Kali is my favorite ride - I don’t understand why it says I’ve already used a LL on this.

Have not had that happen but hit up the blue umbrellas for guest relations, they can help you. In the interim, try uninstalling MDE and installing. See if it's a tech glitch.

Ugh, it turns out when I was testing my booking this morning at 7, I accidentally confirmed a Kali River booking. I’m going to ask GR to remove it so I can book Kali later…

At 7 am you get to book your first Genie + ride. If you booked Kali between 9-11 am (park opening 9 am) then you can ride it at say 9:15 am and book another right away. You ride and then book your next ride. Only caveat is if your ride return time is over 2 hours from park opening, say 11:30 am (when you tried to book your first Genie+ ride at 7 am) you don’t have to wait all that time to book another ride, the max wait time is 2 hours (from park opening), so at 11 am you can book another Genie+.

Top of the Tip board will show you when you can book your next ride. If you have park hoppers you have to wait until ride times are past 2 pm at your second park to book anything there (ride rides at first park until then).

The LLI$ (FOP) is a completely separate purchase and not related to Genie+ and you can select a return time. Onsite guests get to book at 7 am; offsite has to wait till park opening. Currently there is only one ride per park that is this extra cost (separate from Genie+).

If you have park hoppers you can buy max of 2 LlI$ (one in each park).

Last edited:

For your future reference, ILLs--Individual Lightning Lanes--are not part of the Genie+ system. For example, if you want to purchase an ILL, you do not need to purchase Genie+. Genie+ is a separate system for booking attractions. So you could have booked a LL (I prefer to call them G+, since it distinguishes them from the ILLs) and also purchased Genie+ and at 7 am also booked Kali as one of your G+ picks. Then, at 11 (assuming DAK opened at 9), you could have booked another G+ selection.

It's confusing because of the words Lightning Lane, which make it seem as though the ILLs and the LLs are part of the same thing. They are not.

I hope I've explained this properly.

On top of these 2 systems you have virtual queues which are unrelated and are like standby.

At MK VQ is for Tron (7 am or 1 pm; deluxe guests get 6 pm on Wed and on Halloween party nights)

At Epcot VQ is for GOTG (7 am or 1 pm; deluxe guests 6 pm on Mon).

If park hopping sometimes you can get a VQ in the second park if there is availability past 2 pm and you have scanned into the second park

Kali is currently a 35 minute wait. You would probably waste more time going to GR to get this fixed than you would in the standby line.

Ah, the joys of waiting in line at GR to fix issues with a line-skipping service, all the while paying Disney extra money...

The most confusing part of all this is OP saying, "Kali is my favorite ride."

:-)
Well I love raft rides, and I love this ride...I love getting soaked, so yeah, it’s my favorite ...or one of. Though, today I had bad luck -it was brutally hot today and I barely got wet.

Kali is currently a 35 minute wait. You would probably waste more time going to GR to get this fixed than you would in the standby line.

Ah, the joys of waiting in line at GR to fix issues with a line-skipping service, all the while paying Disney extra money...
Actually it took me all of two minutes. The CM was the one who pointed out my goof, then she sent me to the GR with the shortest line...they were extremely helpful

For your future reference, ILLs--Individual Lightning Lanes--are not part of the Genie+ system. For example, if you want to purchase an ILL, you do not need to purchase Genie+. Genie+ is a separate system for booking attractions. So you could have booked a LL (I prefer to call them G+, since it distinguishes them from the ILLs) and also purchased Genie+ and at 7 am also booked Kali as one of your G+ picks. Then, at 11 (assuming DAK opened at 9), you could have booked another G+ selection.

It's confusing because of the words Lightning Lane, which make it seem as though the ILLs and the LLs are part of the same thing. They are not.

I hope I've explained this properly.
You did, thanks! My bad, I just used poor terminology

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter