Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Thanks, I thought so. I think our genie+ just working yesterday, it also wasn’t letting us select a new ride after we tapped into a ride.
If the ride you tapped into wasn't your most recently booked G+ and it had been less than 2 hours since you booked the most recent one, then it won't let you book another one at that point.

However, if that's not the case, delete MDE and reinstall it. Sometimes that's the problem.

If the ride you tapped into wasn't your most recently booked G+ and it had been less than 2 hours since you booked the most recent one, then it won't let you book another one at that point.

However, if that's not the case, delete MDE and reinstall it. Sometimes that's the problem.
I think I will delete and reinstall the app. Thanks!

I think I will delete and reinstall the app. Thanks!
It might be a stupid question, but some rides have TWO tap points - and you'd have to tap at both before being recognized. Is it possible you might have been just a bit quick? Either way, if you're still there visiting, hope it does better for you the rest of the trip!

We will be a party of either four or five, not sure yet. But is it much harder to schedule LLs for five people verses four people?

Individual LL saved my Disney trip! I got to ride the ultimate Star Wars experience - Rise of the Resistance. Don't miss this ride - it's truly a must do. The CMs who are running the ride are really good and very funny.

I also used Genie + for Disney Hollywood Studios. It made the day so much easier. Got to do almost everything! Totally recommend for this park. It was $22 for each of us (we had two in our party) but so much better as the park was very busy.

In spite of cost I would recommend Genie + for busier parks.

So is it correct that if my family and I have park hopper tickets and we want to use Genie+, we need to purchase the more expensive multiple parks Genie+ version? Seems ridiculous that you pay extra for park hopping and then have to buy a more expensive version of Genie+ on top of the PH expense.

So is it correct that if my family and I have park hopper tickets and we want to use Genie+, we need to purchase the more expensive multiple parks Genie+ version? Seems ridiculous that you pay extra for park hopping and then have to buy a more expensive version of Genie+ on top of the PH expense.
You can either purchase it for a single park or all parks. If you're planning on MK, that's usually the same price as the multi-park version anyway. In some ways, it makes sense to make the 'all-park' version the same price as the most expensive individual park that day.

If you only want to use it for one park then you can choose to purchase only that park. For us, when we purchased I chose the multi-park option when we would be switching parks. The extra few dollars was worth it to us as I only purchased on days that included MK or DHS.

I purchased it 4/8 park days and it was a great option to have some days.

This is a made-up example, but I need help understanding the specifics of a Multiple Experience Pass. Let's say I have a Lightening Lane for Tower of Terror. At 10AM I get notified that the ride is down and I receive a Multiple Experience Pass with a list of attractions I can use that on. Assuming Tower of Terror will come back up later, I ONLY want to use this pass on Tower of Terror. Rock & Roller Coaster is among the list of rides I can use the Multiple Experience Pass on.

At 11AM I book a SEPARATE Lightening Lane for Rock & Roller Coaster. When that separate return time comes open, Tower of Terror is still down. When I go to badge in at Rock & Roller Coaster, how do I ensure that I use the separate Lightening Lane I booked just for that ride and NOT the Multiple Experience Pass? Thanks for your help.

From my experience, as long as you tap in during your Rock n Roller Coaster timeframe, it will use that specific ride over the generic pass. Have had it happen several times & never had a problem. I will say, I make sure I go during the specified time, not during any grace period. Just to make sure the right entitlement is used.

I’ve read the first posts so maybe I’m just confused but if I want to start stacking LL for my 2nd park of the day at 7am, how can I do this? Will the app automatically know that it is my 2nd park and start the times after 2:00?

I’ve read the first posts so maybe I’m just confused but if I want to start stacking LL for my 2nd park of the day at 7am, how can I do this? Will the app automatically know that it is my 2nd park and start the times after 2:00?
You will not be able to book a LL for an attraction that has not reached a return time of 2PM. Some attractions climb 'faster' e.g. SDD, Jungle Cruise, Peter Pan.

Once an attraction's bookable LL is after 2PM you will be allowed to book.

From my experience, as long as you tap in during your Rock n Roller Coaster timeframe, it will use that specific ride over the generic pass. Have had it happen several times & never had a problem. I will say, I make sure I go during the specified time, not during any grace period. Just to make sure the right entitlement is used.
Thanks!

Has it gotten harder to refresh for better return times? On our last trip (in May) we modified basically everything to make it work for our schedule and were also able to book sold out rides by just refreshing for a few minutes until something popped up. It did require a good amount of time on my phone but mostly just while on lines and it was worth it IMO. I’ve been playing around in the app over the last couple of days in preparation for an upcoming trip and it seems like better/new return times are popping up WAY less often, like almost never. Wondering if something about the system has changed, maybe crowds are just a lot worse, or if third party apps are becoming more common.

Has it gotten harder to refresh for better return times? On our last trip (in May) we modified basically everything to make it work for our schedule and were also able to book sold out rides by just refreshing for a few minutes until something popped up. It did require a good amount of time on my phone but mostly just while on lines and it was worth it IMO. I’ve been playing around in the app over the last couple of days in preparation for an upcoming trip and it seems like better/new return times are popping up WAY less often, like almost never. Wondering if something about the system has changed, maybe crowds are just a lot worse, or if third party apps are becoming more common.
We had friends who went this past weekend (long weekend for Floridians as well) and Remy barely had 2 drops after selling out. The drop around 6:30 did last for half a minute but it was for times near fireworks (8:10+). You can look at thrill data for a ride you’re interested in.

That said, they park hopped from HS to MK. They were staying offsite so could get in a VQ at 7 am but only buy ILL$ at park opening. Got SDD 9:40 am; MFSR, MmRR (super refresh/modify) and standby ROTR (75 mins, it sold out at park opening fast before they made a decision to ride) ate lunch at ABC commissary and took and Uber to MK at 3 pm (drops you off where you can take a boat). They bought TRON.

The changing the park on the spot (I didn’t know you could do that and risky if not park pass reservations are available) and getting TRON first and then switch back to get the VQ GOTG wouldn’t have worked because both sold out quick.

Second day Epcot they got in the VQ for GOTG (they thought they couldn’t get Moana VQ - time changed; no indication you had to be in the park now; did get a VQ once inside) and on the spot decided to hop to AK (closes at 7) around 4 pm, rode 3 rides before standby FOP and taking a bus to Disney Springs. Total they rode 17 rides.

The 2 long standby rides - ROTR and FoP (45 mins before park close) posted wait and actual was accurate.

Last edited:
We were there this past weekend - @scrappinginontario's advice about booking Genie+ for rides that were down was a huge tip.

Space Mountain was down in the afternoon on Friday, but they were still issuing near-immediate LL return times for it. I would grab a LL return time and it would quickly convert to an any-attraction (it was a somewhat limited list), any-time return time.

The key here was that it also opened the booking window again (even without having used the return time yet), so I booked another one. We were able to do this 3x while Space Mountain was down and use that to stack back-to-back LL that we used on other attractions.

Thanks, @scrappinginontario!

We were there this past weekend - @scrappinginontario's advice about booking Genie+ for rides that were down was a huge tip.

Space Mountain was down in the afternoon on Friday, but they were still issuing near-immediate LL return times for it. I would grab a LL return time and it would quickly convert to an any-attraction (it was a somewhat limited list), any-time return time.

The key here was that it also opened the booking window again (even without having used the return time yet), so I booked another one. We were able to do this 3x while Space Mountain was down and use that to stack back-to-back LL that we used on other attractions.

Thanks, @scrappinginontario!

Wow! Great tip. So lucky that you were able to do that 3 times!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter