Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

So, reporting back. I waited until 5pm and then canceled my MK reservation and re-booked Epcot. Stacked Genie+ for later in the day. Did not buy iLL. Of course this is a moot point soon since there are only 2 parties left and reservations are going away soon, but maybe it will help someone this week.
The main thing to remember for next year is to consider the validity dates of your regular day ticket. For example if you’re going on the 20th-25th of the month and going to a party and not using a day ticket on the 20th, make sure to set the start day of your ticket to the 20th instead of the 21st.

Does anyone know if you can use Genie+ on a day when you only after either after 1pm or after 5pm late entry tickets available for on-site conference attendees?

I am having a hard time reading the thrill-data LL+ stuff for Tron.

Is it possible to buy a LL+ early in the morning and pick a time much later in the day like 5pm or later?

I am having a hard time reading the thrill-data LL+ stuff for Tron.

Is it possible to buy a LL+ early in the morning and pick a time much later in the day like 5pm or later?
Nope. You just get the next available time - no options for timing.

Anecdotally, it seems like LL+ availability goes extremely quickly for post-sunset Tron.

Nope. You just get the next available time - no options for timing.

Anecdotally, it seems like LL+ availability goes extremely quickly for post-sunset Tron.
I think it's a terminology thing. OP is asking about buying a LL so purchasing an Individual Lightning Lane which will allow them to choose their return time.

I don't think that's right. I found this info on Touring Plans and it clearly states you can look for windows to buy LL$.

But yes I understand evening may be harder.

https://touringplans.com/blog/guide-and-faq-how-to-ride-tron-lightcycle-run-at-disney-world/#ill
You can choose your return time but I have never purchased one so am not sure how many options you are given. Sorry, hopefully someone else can chime in and assist you about your question that I believe is something like, 'When purchasing an Individual Lightning Lane, will there be options for later in the day/evening, even when making the purchase early in the morning?'

I think it's a terminology thing. OP is asking about buying a LL so purchasing an Individual Lightning Lane which will allow them to choose their return time.

You can choose your return time but I have never purchased one so am not sure how many options you are given. Sorry, hopefully someone else can chime in and assist you about your question that I believe is something like, 'When purchasing an Individual Lightning Lane, will there be options for later in the day/evening, even when making the purchase early in the morning?'
When you go and buy an ILL, you start with what hour of the day you want and click on it, then it drills into options within that hour. So you choose 9am and you can choose a start time of 9:05am or 9:20am, etc etc.

It's really easy once you are in there and you can choose for whatever time of day you want as long as they aren't gone! It looks a lot like dining reservations :-)

When you go and buy an ILL, you start with what hour of the day you want and click on it, then it drills into options within that hour. So you choose 9am and you can choose a start time of 9:05am or 9:20am, etc etc.

It's really easy once you are in there and you can choose for whatever time of day you want as long as they aren't gone! It looks a lot like dining reservations :-)
Thank you! I'm familiar with how Genie+ works but choose not to purchase ILL$ so wasn't positive about how it worked.

Are you able to see times for all available 'hours', even at 7AM? Just trying to help OP. Thanks!

Thank you! I'm familiar with how Genie+ works but choose not to purchase ILL$ so wasn't positive about how it worked.

Are you able to see times for all available 'hours', even at 7AM? Just trying to help OP. Thanks!

Yes, at 7am, you will be able to see all time slots and choose whatever one you want for the Individual Lighting Lane attractions (Tron, Mine Train, Guardians, Flight of Passage, Rise).

Here's what we just did this past Saturday and Sunday. We purchased ILL for Guardians, Tron, Flight, Rise).

On Saturday, we were able to get two LLs at Epcot, and then stacked five LLs for Magic Kingdom (could have gotten more, as park was open until 11 pm, but the rain was steady all day, and our ponchos were no longer keeping us as dry as we would have liked).

On Sunday, we didn't book any LLs for Animal Kingdom. Booked Slinky at 7am, of course, and at 10:30 when eligible for 2nd LL, no DHS attractions had return time after 2:00 pm yet. Had to wait until 10:50 to get 2:00 LL for Mickey & Minnie Railway (this will no longer be a factor for trips after January 9, 2024). We got a total of 6 LLs for DHS.

So if you have only 2 days to do all four parks, and if you don't have children in your group (we were one adult and two teenagers who were primarily interested in doing the major attractions), I think the Epcot/MK hop, and the AK/DHS hop is the way to go. We all had very sore feet by the end of Day 2, but it was fun challenge, and our Master Plan basically worked.

For those interested in the details........

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 16 [Rain all day]
7:00 am: Got Remy LL (9:15), Got Guardians ILL (10:25), Got Tron ILL (4:10)

EPCOT
8:25 am: Rope drop (near Test Track)
8:30 am: TEST TRACK
9:15 am: SOARIN OVER CALIFORNIA
10:00 am: REMY’S RATATOUILLE ADVENTURE (LL)
10:00 am: Got Frozen LL (12:40)
10:50 am: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (ILL)
11:30 am: Lunch (CONNECTIONS EATERY)
12:00 pm: Got Jungle Cruise LL (6:20)
12:30 pm: MISSION SPACE
1:05 pm: FROZEN EVER AFTER (LL)
1:25 pm: GRAN FIESTA TOUR
1:55 pm: SPACESHIP EARTH
2:00 pm: Got Haunted Mansion LL (4:10)
2:20 pm: JOURNEY OF WATER
2:45 pm: Monorail to MK

MAGIC KINGDOM
3:05 pm: At park
3:20 pm: MICKEY’S PHILHARMAGIC
4:00 pm: Got Space Mountain LL (5:40)
4:10 pm: HAUNTED MANSION (LL)
4:40 pm: TRON (ILL)
5:10 pm: Dinner (COSMIC RAY’S)
6:00 pm: Got Buzz LL (6:05)
6:10 pm: BUZZ LIGHTYEAR
6:10 pm: Got Big Thunder LL (6:15)
6:25 pm: SPACE MOUNTAIN (LL)
6:55 pm: JUNGLE CRUISE (LL)
7:10 pm: PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN
7:25 pm: BIG THUNDER MOUNTAIN RAILROAD (LL)
8:00 pm: Called it quits because of rain (but could have done Seven Dwarfs Mine Train with 15 min. wait time posted)

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 17
7:00 am: Got Slinky LL (5:05), Flight of Passage ILL (11:35), Rise ILL (2:30)

ANIMAL KINGDOM
7:15 am: Rope drop at entrance
7:35 am: EXPEDITION EVEREST
7:50 am: NAVI RIVER JOURNEY
8:15 am: Went to Safari but it was temporarily closed
8:20 am: EXPEDITION EVEREST
8:40 am: DINOSAUR (Safari came up while we were in Dinosaur)
9:10 am: KILIMINJARO SAFARI (said 30 min, actual 15 min.)
10:00 am: KALI RIVER RAPIDS
10:30 am: FEATHERED FRIENDS IN FLIGHT
10:50 am: Got Mickey & Minnie Railway LL (2:00)
11:15 am: Lunch (FLAME TREE BARBECUE)
12:00 pm: FLIGHT OF PASSAGE (ILL)
12:45 pm: IT’S TOUGH TO BE A BUG 3D
12:50 pm: Got Rock n Roller Coaster LL (4:35)
1:30 pm: Bus to DHS

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
1:55 pm: In park
2:00 pm: MICKEY & MINNIE’S RUNAWAY RAILWAY (LL)
2:30 pm: MUPPETS 3D
2:50 pm: Got Tower of Terror LL (7:25)
3:15 pm: RISE OF THE RESISTANCE (ILL)
4:00 pm: INDIANA JONES STUNT SHOW
4:50 pm: Got Millenium Falcon LL (7:45)
5:10 pm: ROCK N ROLLER COASTER (LL)
5:45 pm: SLINKY DOG DASH (LL)
6:20 pm: Dinner (ABC COMMISSARY)
7:20 pm: TOWER OF TERROR (LL)
7:20 pm: Got Toy Story Mania LL (8:10)
8:00 pm: MILLENIUM FALCON (LL)
8:30 pm: Skipped Toy Story Mania for early arrival to Fantasmic
9:00 pm: FANTASMIC

Someone already confirmed, but I want to double confirm to instill confidence. It's so great. You can choose a 7pm slot if that is what your heart desires ... which I often do on my arrival day! I'll be back in 3 weeks and at 7am before boarding my flight, I'm totally grabbing a 3pm slot for GOTG!

Does anyone know if you can use Genie+ on a day when you only after either after 1pm or after 5pm late entry tickets available for on-site conference attendees?

Many thanks to all for the details on ILL (one ride paid version) time slots. Understood!

My other question - a rare one I think - is can I buy an ILL at 7am on a day when I have an after 1pm or after 5pm special ticket available to those attending work conferences at Disney.

And the answer appears to be...yes per this link:

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...ticket-start-booking-lightening-lanes-554984/

Which is great because that's what I want to do: get up at 7am...book a ride on Tron for the evening...go to conference...go to MK with my special after 5pm ticket...ride Tron (amongst other things).

Genie+ for Magic Kingdom and Multiple parks has sold out for Wed, Dec 20, 2023. Cost was $29 when it was available.
Quick question about sellouts at MK - I'm also seeing that the Multiple Parks option is not available after MK sells out. What do you do if you were planning to hop between two other parks and use G+ at both?

Quick question about sellouts at MK - I'm also seeing that the Multiple Parks option is not available after MK sells out. What do you do if you were planning to hop between two other parks and use G+ at both?
Whenever a guest wants to use G+ at more than one park on the same day they need to purchase the Multiple Parks option, even if not visiting the MK.

Whenever a guest wants to use G+ at more than one park on the same day they need to purchase the Multiple Parks option, even if not visiting the MK.
I think scrappinginontario is right. However, if you want Genie+ at two non-MK parks, you can try to buy it at both parks and see if it'll let you do that. I don't know if you'll get any money back if you do it that way. If you do try it, please let us know how it goes.

I think scrappinginontario is right. However, if you want Genie+ at two non-MK parks, you can try to buy it at both parks and see if it'll let you do that. I don't know if you'll get any money back if you do it that way. If you do try it, please let us know how it goes.
My question was mostly out of curiosity, as we are planning to be there this time next year, but we usually purchase G+ before 7am (if we're going to get it that day) so it shouldn't be an issue for us. I was just wondering what happens in that situation - apparently you're locked into using it at one park or purchasing the second park separately.

It would be nice if they offered the option of specifying the parks where you want to use it and pay the higher price of those parks.

My question was mostly out of curiosity, as we are planning to be there this time next year, but we usually purchase G+ before 7am (if we're going to get it that day) so it shouldn't be an issue for us. I was just wondering what happens in that situation - apparently you're locked into using it at one park or purchasing the second park separately.

It would be nice if they offered the option of specifying the parks where you want to use it and pay the higher price of those parks.
It's totally a personal decision but since we found we didn't need G+ at AK or Epcot, if we were buying it for DHS it was just easier to purchase the PH option (normally $2/$3 more) and have the option open to us. But, I was also only buying for 2 people and only purchased 4/9 days.

We will be arriving mid-day and doing Epcot on the day everything changes, 1/9. It's our only planned Epcot day. At 7 am Eastern, 4 of us are supposed to be just taking off (6:00 Central flight). 2 of us won't be boarding a plane until an hour later, so DD22 is in charge of getting the GOTG VQ. Hopefully she's not in line at security and distracted... If the rest of us have not actually taken off/gone airplane mode yet, we'll all try.

She's nervous because my phone has always been the one to score the VQs when we all try lol but hers is newer this time! I'm a little concerned that more people will be trying that day, since a park reservation won't be required. But it's also not peak season. My thought is to have her (and possibly us) try at the 7am drop, if that fails, have her buy ILL$ immediately after (and maybe even if she gets the VQ, so we can go twice). I don't think ILL$ at just after 7 should fail? But if so, we may add park hoppers though I'd prefer to not incur that cost.

We will be arriving mid-day and doing Epcot on the day everything changes, 1/9. It's our only planned Epcot day. At 7 am Eastern, 4 of us are supposed to be just taking off (6:00 Central flight). 2 of us won't be boarding a plane until an hour later, so DD22 is in charge of getting the GOTG VQ. Hopefully she's not in line at security and distracted... If the rest of us have not actually taken off/gone airplane mode yet, we'll all try.

She's nervous because my phone has always been the one to score the VQs when we all try lol but hers is newer this time! I'm a little concerned that more people will be trying that day, since a park reservation won't be required. But it's also not peak season. My thought is to have her (and possibly us) try at the 7am drop, if that fails, have her buy ILL$ immediately after (and maybe even if she gets the VQ, so we can go twice). I don't think ILL$ at just after 7 should fail? But if so, we may add park hoppers though I'd prefer to not incur that cost.
That's an interesting schedule! You'll actually want a VQ, but a later in the day boarding group - but you'll get what's available at the time! Hopefully, it's not an early boarding group that you miss. As for ILL$, assuming you're staying on-site at a Disney resort, buying one for a particular time period later in the day (which you can choose) at 7AM might be your best bet. If you're not staying on-site, you'll have to wait until park opening. Good luck - hope the VQ, ILL$, and flights all go well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter