• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

That's an interesting schedule! You'll actually want a VQ, but a later in the day boarding group - but you'll get what's available at the time! Hopefully, it's not an early boarding group that you miss. As for ILL$, assuming you're staying on-site at a Disney resort, buying one for a particular time period later in the day (which you can choose) at 7AM might be your best bet. If you're not staying on-site, you'll have to wait until park opening. Good luck - hope the VQ, ILL$, and flights all go well!
OP is attempting to get a VQ for GotG. Unlike Tron, GotG VQ return times are not enforced. Once a VQ is called for GotG, guests may return anytime from then until park close. OP will be just fine.

The Everything VQ thread explains how VQs work in posts 1 and 2.

OP is attempting to get a VQ for GotG. Unlike Tron, GotG VQ return times are not enforced. Once a VQ is called for GotG, guests may return anytime from then until park close. OP will be just fine.

The Everything VQ thread explains how VQs work in posts 1 and 2.
Got it. I do recall people discussing that. I'm just set in my brain that if we have a return window, we use the return window! But if GOTG allows folks to return hours after the window ends, then you're right - it certainly would work for the OP. Is that an unwritten rule that folks have shared over the months, or does Disney actually state the policy? Just seems like it could lead to longer VQ/standby lines later in the day - which is probably why they don't allow it with Tron - for those wanting to ride at night. Thanks.......

Got it. I do recall people discussing that. I'm just set in my brain that if we have a return window, we use the return window! But if GOTG allows folks to return hours after the window ends, then you're right - it certainly would work for the OP. Is that an unwritten rule that folks have shared over the months, or does Disney actually state the policy? Just seems like it could lead to longer VQ/standby lines later in the day - which is probably why they don't allow it with Tron - for those wanting to ride at night. Thanks.......
It's not written down but has been working that way since Guardians opened. We rode 7 times in August and only twice did we arrive within our window. Wait times varied between 15 mins and 75 mins and didn't seem to depend on time of day that we returned.

I see that Tron is the only $LL that they are strict with return times. For the other $LL attractions, they've been allowing later returns.

There are instructions on how to modify your LL, so I'm assuming that you can't show up past the 15 minute grace period for any LL reservations.

I really miss the old days without all of this technology...lol

When we were at WDW a couple of weeks ago, at 7 a.m. I booked ILL$ for FoP for an early-afternoon timeslot. After thinking about this, I realized I should have made this for a later time.

I had no idea if this would work, but I used the Chat function on MDE, and they were able to change the time for me! I was surprised and pleased.

I may have gotten very lucky since (a) I was chatting with someone very quickly and (b) they were able to change the time for me and (c) this all took maybe 5 minutes, max.

To help others, let’s keep this thread reserved for actual prices rather than predictions. If people wish to guess what the price may be for future dates you are welcome to start such a discussion in the community board.

Thanks.

We got a VQ for Tron two weeks ago and we were at least 15 minutes late and they let us in.

We got a VQ for Tron two weeks ago and we were at least 15 minutes late and they let us in.
I think there is usually an hour grace period for TRON VQ. So if you’re called at 10:30 the app will say to return by 11:30 but the scanner will turn green until 12:30.

I think there is usually an hour grace period for TRON VQ. So if you’re called at 10:30 the app will say to return by 11:30 but the scanner will turn green until 12:30.
ok. I kept telling my party, 'they are not going to let us in' and then they did :rolleyes: but then it broke down and they gave us a free FP so we went on PP instead. We had to wait an hour in the interior queue and probably got covid from that indoors waiting.

ok. I kept telling my party, 'they are not going to let us in' and then they did :rolleyes: but then it broke down and they gave us a free FP so we went on PP instead. We had to wait an hour in the interior queue and probably got covid from that indoors waiting.
One time Tron went down when I was in the line for the back row with the lap bar. They kept everyone in line for about an hour (and told everyone that left that they wouldn't get a return pass and to go to Guest Relations) before giving us a pass good on everything but 7DMT.

I guess they wanted to try and get it back up so they wouldn't have to issue return passes that people could wait until nighttime to use.

I’ve started to hear more people who miss their time period get in. Would not want to test them but it’s possible they’re getting less strict about this as time goes on.

While they may allow you to arrive late for your Tron VQ, many, many have shared being turned away when more than 15 mins late for their VQ. Personally I would not recommend risking it!

My family is coming to WDW in early November. We have only used genie+ at Disneyland, and there most of the rides had immediate return times. What are the return windows like in WDW for rides like Pirates, HM, etc? Are they mostly immediate or several hours later? For which rides do lightning lanes sell out for the day, and what time are they usually gone? We will be doing MK, Epcot, and Hollywood studios. No Animal Kingdom this trip ☹️
Same.

Almost none are several hours later. There is also no universal answer to your question, as it varies by park, attraction, and day. Generally, MK always has some LL immediately available. Probably because there are so many attractions. More popular attractions, the return time is usually later (though not several hours). Of your two examples, I find Pirates to be immediately available most of the time (or less than 30 minutes). HM is sometimes immediately available, but usually a wait of up to an hour. Again, though, it varies. Off the top of my head, I would say the longest wait return times at MK are Jungle Cruise, some of the character meets, and Peter Pan; at Epcot its Remy, Test Track and Frozen; and at HS its Slinky Dog, Mickey Railway, and Tower of Terror
I've been seeing Slinky Dog is sold out by 9am?

I'm going to WDW for the first time next month, so trying to understand best I can, but sounds like some rides will just be standard queue for me. lol

While they may allow you to arrive late for your Tron VQ, many, many have shared being turned away when more than 15 mins late for their VQ. Personally I would not recommend risking it!
I wonder what time those people reached the scanners - I know the scanners are right before you enter the building and there can be a line for a while before you reach the scanners. Maybe they arrived 30 minutes late but didn't reach the scanners until 60+ minutes after their group had expired.

Same.

I've been seeing Slinky Dog is sold out by 9am?

I'm going to WDW for the first time next month, so trying to understand best I can, but sounds like some rides will just be standard queue for me. lol

Yes, on very busy days, Slinky may be "sold out" by 9am. However, everyone (whether staying at a Disney resort or offsite) can book their first Genie+ Lightning Lane at 7am, so you should be able to book a LL for it.

Be careful when you modify.

On December 16, at Epcot we got a Frozen Ever After Lightning Lane for 1:30 with plans to hop to Magic Kingdom at 2:00. Playing around with the Modify feature, an 11:30 time for Frozen popped up, so we grabbed it only to see that it then confirmed us for a 7:30pm time (which obviously wouldn't work for us).

Playing around a bit more, we were finally able to get a 12:40 return time.

But If we had it to do over, we probably wouldn't have tried to modify the 1:30 time (since it was workable) because of the risk of ending up with a time that wouldn't work for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter