Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Is there any kind of strategy for getting MMRR and Slinky for a HS morning? With what I’ve been seeing by stalking my tip board on MDE, whichever I pick as the first LL, the second will be sold out by the time I can pick another LL.

Is there any kind of strategy for getting MMRR and Slinky for a HS morning? With what I’ve been seeing by stalking my tip board on MDE, whichever I pick as the first LL, the second will be sold out by the time I can pick another LL.
We had good luck with doing Slinky with a LL and rope dropping MMRR. Although I think we got Slinky in the early afternoon. That one goes incredibly fast.

If doing everything in the morning is important to you, perhaps get a MMRR LL and rope drop Slinky. That is assuming you don’t already want to rope drop Rise or any other rides.

When are you going? If you've only been looking at when Slinky and MMRR "sold out" last week and this week, you're getting a misleading picture of how long they last on normal days. Even with all the recent madness, MMRR has lasted on average past 3:00 this past month. Book Slinky at 7:00 sharp and MMRR should be available when you can next book an LL. You likely won't get a morning return time though, if that is what's important to you.

1704552568018.png

@Tom_E_D we arrive a week from today and plan on doing HS on Sunday 1/14. I’m thinking it will still be pretty busy/comparable to this week as it’s MLK weekend/opening weekend of Festival of Arts.

I think I will try to grab an early LL for Slinky Dog and then either try and rope drop MMRR or hope for an early-ish LL once I can book another.

Calling the experts. :) Does this plan look okay? Or should I change something? Any help would be appreciated!

We are going to WDW for two park days with park hoppers during the third week of March, so big Spring Break crowds. I have three teens who love the parks, planning, rope dropping, etc. We are staying at the Poly and will be utilizing Early hours and MK extended evening hours. Our last trip was during the pandemic, so we haven’t used Genie Plus but have had multiple trips using Fast Passes and Disneyland’s max pass. Still, I’m a little overwhelmed at all things Genie Plus. Because of a shortened trip, I am willing to pay for LL plus for time saving purposes if necessary. I’m planning on stacking LLs for the afternoon/evening park? Here is my proposed plan…

Day One: MK and Epcot
Book Tron - I am unsure to try virtual queue or just buy a LL lane. We do not have much time, and I’ve heard the VQ takes an average of an hour?! Is the lightning lane faster?

Book Guardians LL plus for evening
Book Remy for LL evening
Book Frozen for LL
Book whatever else I can get after that

Day Two: AK, HS, MK for extended hours

Book LL plus for Flight of Passage, so we can ride our favorites quickly, watch our beloved It’s Tough to be a Bug, ride FoP and leave by lunch

LL Slinky (1pm-ish)
LL MMRR
(We rode Rise so many times in Disneyland when it was VQ only, and they had two VQ drops a day, so we are good on not spending time riding it on this trip.)
LL ToT? Or whatever else at either HS or MK before extended hours

I was thinking about a VQ for Tron for extended evening, but I’m concerned about how much time that will eat up.

Also, I miss free FPs that I could plan out. 😩

Calling the experts. :) Does this plan look okay? Or should I change something? Any help would be appreciated!

We are going to WDW for two park days with park hoppers during the third week of March, so big Spring Break crowds. I have three teens who love the parks, planning, rope dropping, etc. We are staying at the Poly and will be utilizing Early hours and MK extended evening hours. Our last trip was during the pandemic, so we haven’t used Genie Plus but have had multiple trips using Fast Passes and Disneyland’s max pass. Still, I’m a little overwhelmed at all things Genie Plus. Because of a shortened trip, I am willing to pay for LL plus for time saving purposes if necessary. I’m planning on stacking LLs for the afternoon/evening park? Here is my proposed plan…

Book Tron - I am unsure to try virtual queue or just buy a LL lane. We do not have much time, and I’ve heard the VQ takes an average of an hour?! Is the lightning lane faster?

Book Remy for LL evening
Book Frozen for LL

Book LL plus for Flight of Passage, so we can ride our favorites quickly, watch our beloved It’s Tough to be a Bug, ride FoP and leave by lunch

LL Slinky (1pm-ish)
LL MMRR
(We rode Rise so many times in Disneyland when it was VQ only, and they had two VQ drops a day, so we are good on not spending time riding it on this trip.)

I was thinking about a VQ for Tron for extended evening, but I’m concerned about how much time that will eat up.

Good plan.

Yes, VQ can eat up a lot of waiting time, so if you can afford the ILL$, I would recommend it since your time is limited.

Okay I have been looking everywhere and I don't see it anywhere (unless I'm blind). I am pricing out my vacation for the summer but there is no option to add G+ for my entries trip. I thought this was an option now?

Okay I have been looking everywhere and I don't see it anywhere (unless I'm blind). I am pricing out my vacation for the summer but there is no option to add G+ for my entries trip. I thought this was an option now?
It is not an option. Disney has made no confirmed detailed announcements about the changes to G+.

Book Remy for LL evening
Book Frozen for LL

LL Slinky (1pm-ish)
LL MMRR

Make sure to book Remy or Frozen after you get your Tron and then get Guardians after that (3rd thing at 7am).

I would also recommend getting Slinky ASAP and then try Flight of Passage on your second day. You can always adjust, but you don't want to pull a 6pm slot for Slinky if you do it second.

Make sure to book Remy or Frozen after you get your Tron and then get Guardians after that (3rd thing at 7am).

I would also recommend getting Slinky ASAP and then try Flight of Passage on your second day. You can always adjust, but you don't want to pull a 6pm slot for Slinky if you do it second.
Is it reasonable to think I could get on Tron and or Guardians in Extra Evening Hours, so no need for anything during normal hours?

We are traveling to WW in April. We will be 2 families that total 7 people. Most days we will be doing the parks together, but there may be some where we decide to do different parks, or different activities within the parks. Myself and someone from the other family are able to make plans in the MDE app. I will handle most of the heavy lifting for Genie + for the entire group, but when we break off I will handle it for my family, and she will do the same for hers. Is there any way in the app to make groups of people to make Genie selections faster? For example, can I have a group that is all 7 of us, and then another that is just my family? When making genie elections this would make things easier so we do not accidently add someone from the other group. It would also save time if a sold out attraction opens up and you need to be super fast in grabbing it. Rather then making sure you are checking only the people you need, you could have a selection that automatically only grabs the people you need. Any way to do this without removing everyone from your friends and family list every time we split up?

New rules for Genie+ with today's park hopping update:
  • If your ticket type is not required to have a Disney Park Pass theme park reservation that day, you can book any attraction you’d like at any theme park at any time. That means that guests with date-specific tickets and Passholders on a “Good-to-Go” Day are eligible for all Genie+ selections at all theme parks at any time of day.
  • If your ticket type requires a theme park reservation, you will have to physically tap into the theme park where you made a Disney Park Pass reservation to unlock Genie+ selections at theme parks other than your reserved theme park. This would apply to non-date-based tickets and Annual Passholders on non-“Good-to-Go” days.
Source: https://blogmickey.com/2024/01/upda...ections-work-with-new-park-reservation-rules/

Its like they're incapable of removing an obstacle without making it significantly more complex and confusing 😂😭

That’s absolute rubbish. If they’re going to do that, then there should be two tiers of Genie+.

I’d imagine this lasts a month or less. Just annoying that I’m going to have to deal with it this weekend.

Can you change your reserved park after you’ve entered the park? Asking for a friend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter