Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

That’s absolute rubbish. If they’re going to do that, then there should be two tiers of Genie+.

I’d imagine this lasts a month or less. Just annoying that I’m going to have to deal with it this weekend.

Can you change your reserved park after you’ve entered the park? Asking for a friend.
No but once you enter those restrictions become moot.

Request:

While it's disappointing to hear of the restrictions to AP's booking additional LL reservations, please keep discussion in this thread to what is actually happening so that it's an informative thread. You are most welcome to create a thread in the Community board to discuss disappointment and what you wish functioned differently.

Thanks.

that is not very fair to AP holders.
An AP can book their first LL for whichever park they have a reservation for. If they want to book a LL for a park they intend to hop to they can change their park reservation to that park, book the LL and then change reservation back to the park they wish to visit first.
That’s absolute rubbish. If they’re going to do that, then there should be two tiers of Genie+.

I’d imagine this lasts a month or less. Just annoying that I’m going to have to deal with it this weekend.

Can you change your reserved park after you’ve entered the park? Asking for a friend.
Once you've tapped into your first park you can book a LL reservation at any park you wish.

Source: https://blogmickey.com/2024/01/upda...ections-work-with-new-park-reservation-rules/

No but once you enter those restrictions become moot.

An AP can book their first LL for whichever park they have a reservation for. If they want to book a LL for a park they intend to hop to they can change their park reservation to that park, book the LL and then change reservation back to the park they wish to visit first.

Once you've tapped into your first park you can book a LL reservation at any park you wish.

Source: https://blogmickey.com/2024/01/upda...ections-work-with-new-park-reservation-rules/
Got it! I'm sorry - I read too quickly and got upset. That's much more reasonable.

A couple questions -

If we buy the multi-park Genie+.....can I book a return time in a park I haven't even entered yet or do I have to wait until I've been scanned into that park?

For example...I start my day at Epcot. But I know that in the evening, I'll be at MK. While still in Epcot, can I check return times for MK and book one that would work for us? Or do I need to wait until I've entered MK that day?

Also, I know you can only use a LL return for each ride one time per day. What if I book a return time for a ride, say Big Thunder, and then I decide to cancel it or change it to a different ride...can I still try to book a Big Thunder return later instead?

A couple questions -

If we buy the multi-park Genie+.....can I book a return time in a park I haven't even entered yet or do I have to wait until I've been scanned into that park?

For example...I start my day at Epcot. But I know that in the evening, I'll be at MK. While still in Epcot, can I check return times for MK and book one that would work for us? Or do I need to wait until I've entered MK that day?

Also, I know you can only use a LL return for each ride one time per day. What if I book a return time for a ride, say Big Thunder, and then I decide to cancel it or change it to a different ride...can I still try to book a Big Thunder return later instead?
1. If you don't have an AP you can book at any park. With an AP as long as you scan into Epcot you can book at MK for later.

2. Yes - if you cancel you can book that ride again.

Apologies if this is the wrong thread for this, but I have a question about booking LLs, ILLs and VQs on the first day of a Disney resort stay.

I'm checking in at Kidani Village next Wednesday (the 17th) for a 3-night stay. We have 4 days of date-based tickets bought with the window of use starting on the 16th. We are hoping to do a park Wednesday while we wait for the room to be ready. Does anyone know if we count as resort guests already that morning even though we aren't technically checked in until later that afternoon/evening? I'm wondering if we will be eligible to purchase an ILL that morning at 7am; as I understand it all WDW guests can book VQs at 7am but you have to be a resort guest to book ILLs early? Hoping someone can confirm for me whether this is a correct interpretation!

Thanks so much if you can help me!

Apologies if this is the wrong thread for this, but I have a question about booking LLs, ILLs and VQs on the first day of a Disney resort stay.

I'm checking in at Kidani Village next Wednesday (the 17th) for a 3-night stay. We have 4 days of date-based tickets bought with the window of use starting on the 16th. We are hoping to do a park Wednesday while we wait for the room to be ready. Does anyone know if we count as resort guests already that morning even though we aren't technically checked in until later that afternoon/evening? I'm wondering if we will be eligible to purchase an ILL that morning at 7am; as I understand it all WDW guests can book VQs at 7am but you have to be a resort guest to book ILLs early? Hoping someone can confirm for me whether this is a correct interpretation!

You are considered a guest and entitled to guest privileges all day of your check-in day, and all day of your check-out day.

Here's what we just did this past Saturday and Sunday. We purchased ILL for Guardians, Tron, Flight, Rise).

On Saturday, we were able to get two LLs at Epcot, and then stacked five LLs for Magic Kingdom (could have gotten more, as park was open until 11 pm, but the rain was steady all day, and our ponchos were no longer keeping us as dry as we would have liked).

On Sunday, we didn't book any LLs for Animal Kingdom. Booked Slinky at 7am, of course, and at 10:30 when eligible for 2nd LL, no DHS attractions had return time after 2:00 pm yet. Had to wait until 10:50 to get 2:00 LL for Mickey & Minnie Railway (this will no longer be a factor for trips after January 9, 2024). We got a total of 6 LLs for DHS.

So if you have only 2 days to do all four parks, and if you don't have children in your group (we were one adult and two teenagers who were primarily interested in doing the major attractions), I think the Epcot/MK hop, and the AK/DHS hop is the way to go. We all had very sore feet by the end of Day 2, but it was fun challenge, and our Master Plan basically worked.

For those interested in the details........

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 16 [Rain all day]
7:00 am: Got Remy LL (9:15), Got Guardians ILL (10:25), Got Tron ILL (4:10)

EPCOT
8:25 am: Rope drop (near Test Track)
8:30 am: TEST TRACK
9:15 am: SOARIN OVER CALIFORNIA
10:00 am: REMY’S RATATOUILLE ADVENTURE (LL)
10:00 am: Got Frozen LL (12:40)
10:50 am: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY (ILL)
11:30 am: Lunch (CONNECTIONS EATERY)
12:00 pm: Got Jungle Cruise LL (6:20)
12:30 pm: MISSION SPACE
1:05 pm: FROZEN EVER AFTER (LL)
1:25 pm: GRAN FIESTA TOUR
1:55 pm: SPACESHIP EARTH
2:00 pm: Got Haunted Mansion LL (4:10)
2:20 pm: JOURNEY OF WATER
2:45 pm: Monorail to MK

MAGIC KINGDOM
3:05 pm: At park
3:20 pm: MICKEY’S PHILHARMAGIC
4:00 pm: Got Space Mountain LL (5:40)
4:10 pm: HAUNTED MANSION (LL)
4:40 pm: TRON (ILL)
5:10 pm: Dinner (COSMIC RAY’S)
6:00 pm: Got Buzz LL (6:05)
6:10 pm: BUZZ LIGHTYEAR
6:10 pm: Got Big Thunder LL (6:15)
6:25 pm: SPACE MOUNTAIN (LL)
6:55 pm: JUNGLE CRUISE (LL)
7:10 pm: PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN
7:25 pm: BIG THUNDER MOUNTAIN RAILROAD (LL)
8:00 pm: Called it quits because of rain (but could have done Seven Dwarfs Mine Train with 15 min. wait time posted)

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 17
7:00 am: Got Slinky LL (5:05), Flight of Passage ILL (11:35), Rise ILL (2:30)

ANIMAL KINGDOM
7:15 am: Rope drop at entrance
7:35 am: EXPEDITION EVEREST
7:50 am: NAVI RIVER JOURNEY
8:15 am: Went to Safari but it was temporarily closed
8:20 am: EXPEDITION EVEREST
8:40 am: DINOSAUR (Safari came up while we were in Dinosaur)
9:10 am: KILIMINJARO SAFARI (said 30 min, actual 15 min.)
10:00 am: KALI RIVER RAPIDS
10:30 am: FEATHERED FRIENDS IN FLIGHT
10:50 am: Got Mickey & Minnie Railway LL (2:00)
11:15 am: Lunch (FLAME TREE BARBECUE)
12:00 pm: FLIGHT OF PASSAGE (ILL)
12:45 pm: IT’S TOUGH TO BE A BUG 3D
12:50 pm: Got Rock n Roller Coaster LL (4:35)
1:30 pm: Bus to DHS

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS
1:55 pm: In park
2:00 pm: MICKEY & MINNIE’S RUNAWAY RAILWAY (LL)
2:30 pm: MUPPETS 3D
2:50 pm: Got Tower of Terror LL (7:25)
3:15 pm: RISE OF THE RESISTANCE (ILL)
4:00 pm: INDIANA JONES STUNT SHOW
4:50 pm: Got Millenium Falcon LL (7:45)
5:10 pm: ROCK N ROLLER COASTER (LL)
5:45 pm: SLINKY DOG DASH (LL)
6:20 pm: Dinner (ABC COMMISSARY)
7:20 pm: TOWER OF TERROR (LL)
7:20 pm: Got Toy Story Mania LL (8:10)
8:00 pm: MILLENIUM FALCON (LL)
8:30 pm: Skipped Toy Story Mania for early arrival to Fantasmic
9:00 pm: FANTASMIC
the most amazing thing to me is you made it from Epcot to MK in 20 mins on your first day. and 25 mins from AK to HS on day 2. I can't even Uber it that fast!

Last edited:

In the past I have set up by Genie+ and $LL stuff at 7am from my breakfast table in NY before flying down to Florida to check into the hotel and going to a park that night and using them.

Thank you for sharing the link, it was very helpful! I do still have a question though based on how Genie+ is currently sold and purchased (park specific).

*editing to note that I am asking as an AP

Let's say that I plan to hop from MK to DHS, but I do not plan to make any LLs at MK so I purchase Genie+ for DHS specifically, not the park hopper option. Would I still not be able to use the DHS Genie+ until I tap into MK? And then because I didn't buy the park hopper Genie+ option, I couldn't even book something at MK to start the 120-minute rule?

Last edited:
Thank you for sharing the link, it was very helpful! I do still have a question though based on how Genie+ is currently sold and purchased (park specific).

Let's say that I plan to hop from MK to DHS, but I do not plan to make any LLs at MK so I purchase Genie+ for DHS specifically, not the park hopper option. Would I still not be able to use the DHS Genie+ until I tap into MK? And then because I didn't buy the park hopper Genie+ option, I couldn't even book something at MK to start the 120-minute rule?
I don't believe you would need to wait as Genie+ would have no idea which park you plan to go to first unless you are an AP that requires you to still book a park reservation.

I would anticipate you could book your first LL for DHS at 7AM.

I don't believe you would need to wait as Genie+ would have no idea which park you plan to go to first unless you are an AP that requires you to still book a park reservation.

I would anticipate you could book your first LL for DHS at 7AM.
What about as an AP?

I edited my original post to note that was how I had meant to ask. Thank you for your insight!

What about as an AP?

I edited my original post to note that was how I had meant to ask. Thank you for your insight!
Please see this information posted above on this page:

New rules for Genie+ with today's park hopping update:

Its like they're incapable of removing an obstacle without making it significantly more complex and confusing 😂😭
UPDATE! And Some good news!

"Disney World has adjusted the Genie+ system to allow for all guests, regardless of ticket type, to be able to make selections at all theme parks when purchasing the “Multiple Parks” option" 🎉

Source: https://blogmickey.com/2024/01/geni...guests-regardless-of-park-reservation-status/

We are travelling to Disney at the end of this month and staying onsite. I'm a bit confused about the booking windows for Genie Plus. Here is a scenario:

At 7am I book my first LL for a return time of 12pm.
I head to the park at 8:30, when they open for those staying on property

When can I book my next LL? I assumed it was 9am (2 hours after I booked the first one), but a friend just recently returned and said that she couldn't book another LL until 2 hours after the park opens.

Does this make sense? If so, that would mean that I would have to make sure that my first LL is booked for a time in the morning?

Help!

Thanks!

We are travelling to Disney at the end of this month and staying onsite. I'm a bit confused about the booking windows for Genie Plus. Here is a scenario:

When can I book my next LL? I assumed it was 9am (2 hours after I booked the first one), but a friend just recently returned and said that she couldn't book another LL until 2 hours after the park opens.

Does this make sense? If so, that would mean that I would have to make sure that my first LL is booked for a time in the morning?

Help!

Thanks!
Yes, your friend is correct. And if you get confused while you're there, Genie+ now shows you exactly when you can make the next LL.

When I'm planning to be in the park for early entry, I rarely make a LL for noon or later since I want to keep making them. The only exception to this would be for rides that book up quickly and that I know I want to do. In that case, I'll take whatever they give me at 7 a.m. and hope for the best.

Help!

Thanks!
Your friend is correct.

The posts on page 1 of this thread explain booking eligibility in detail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter