• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

To answer this question, I am going to invoke some imagery using a common phrase used to describe the 2-hour period of time you are describing which is a cool down period. So if we think about it this way, when you book a HOT ATTRACTION with a return time greater than 2-hours from the current time, that triggers a 2-hour cool down period. After the 2-hour cool down period, you can book another LL.

In the hypothetical scenario you provide....
Book
JUNGLE CRUISE and trigger a cool down period that ends at 11am.
Book
PETER PAN and trigger a cool down period that ends at 1pm.
When you use the Jungle Cruise LL, you will still be within the
cool down period for PETER PAN and won't be able to book another LL until you either use the Peter Pan LL or are no longer within a cool down period.
Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. Appreciate the info.

Has Genie+ ever sold out *before* 7am? I see the list of dates that it has sold out on the first page, but haven't found data on what time of day (I checked thrill-data and also searched this thread). We will be going during spring break (last week of March) and I think it is likely to sell out some of those days, but as long as I can purchase it around 6:45 am I won't worry about staying up until midnight the night before.

Has Genie+ ever sold out *before* 7am? I see the list of dates that it has sold out on the first page, but haven't found data on what time of day (I checked thrill-data and also searched this thread). We will be going during spring break (last week of March) and I think it is likely to sell out some of those days, but as long as I can purchase it around 6:45 am I won't worry about staying up until midnight the night before.
No, it has never sold out before 7AM. Earliest I've heard of is mid-morning.

I don’t believe that’s ever happened. Usually it’s sometime after park open.

I don't know if this is the latest record, but I suspect it is:

Genie+ has sold out this morning in record time, with the $35 Disney's Hollywood Studios option selling out just after 8:30 am on December 29, 2023.

Source: https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/disn...t-in-new-record-time-at-walt-disney-world.htm

Just trying to get my plan straight..

7 a.m. - Book Remy for later in day
First Park: Animal Kingdom (arrive 6:30 a.m. for 7:30 a.m. early Entry to rope drop Flights of Passage)
Second Park: Arrive Hollywood Studios 8:45 a.m. (Early Entry starts at 8:30 a.m.)
Third Park: Epcot, later
Fourth Park: MK, last

When can I book my 2nd Genie+ (I won't tap into Remy before the 2-hour rule kicks in)
1. 120 minutes after Animal Kingdom Park Opening (i.e., 10 a.m. since it is an 8 a.m. Animal Kingdom Park Opening Day, and that is the first park we are going to)
-OR-
2. 120 minutes after Epcot Park Opening (i.e., 11 a.m. since it is an 9 a.m. Epcot Park Opening Day, and that is the park where we booked our first Genie+)?
-OR-
3. 120 minutes after Hollywood Studios Opening (i.e., 11 a.m since it is an 9 a.m. HS Opening Day, and that is the park we will be in when park opens)

NOTE: We have a date-based ticket, not an AP holder, and do NOT need park reservations for our first park.

Thanks!

Just trying to get my plan straight..

7 a.m. - Book Remy for later in day
First Park: Animal Kingdom (arrive 6:30 a.m. for 7:30 a.m. early Entry to rope drop Flights of Passage)
Second Park: Arrive Hollywood Studios 8:45 a.m. (Early Entry starts at 8:30 a.m.)
Third Park: Epcot, later
Fourth Park: MK, last

When can I book my 2nd Genie+ (I won't tap into Remy before the 2-hour rule kicks in)
1. 120 minutes after Animal Kingdom Park Opening (i.e., 10 a.m. since it is an 8 a.m. Animal Kingdom Park Opening Day, and that is the first park we are going to)
-OR-
2. 120 minutes after Epcot Park Opening (i.e., 11 a.m. since it is an 9 a.m. Epcot Park Opening Day, and that is the park where we booked our first Genie+)?
-OR-
3. 120 minutes after Hollywood Studios Opening (i.e., 11 a.m since it is an 9 a.m. HS Opening Day, and that is the park we will be in when park opens)

NOTE: We have a date-based ticket, not an AP holder, and do NOT need park reservations for our first park.

Thanks!
I actually believe your next G+ is 2 hours after AK official opening, since that's your first park of the day, but I won't swear to it! I know we've done it in the past, and I thought the first park is the key. But as soon as you make your Remy LL, the MDE app will clearly show you at the top when you are eligible to book your next LL.

You're probably already aware, but your Remy "later in the day" could take a little modifying. Since you'll get the next available time, you might need to monitor and modify the time later.

Are you driving or using Disney transportation? Depending how things go at AK, getting to HS by 8:45 could be ambitious, but maybe not! But whether driving or busing, there could be some travel/wait time in there. Busy day!! Enjoy.

I actually believe your next G+ is 2 hours after AK official opening, since that's your first park of the day, but I won't swear to it! I know we've done it in the past, and I thought the first park is the key. But as soon as you make your Remy LL, the MDE app will clearly show you at the top when you are eligible to book your next LL.

You're probably already aware, but your Remy "later in the day" could take a little modifying. Since you'll get the next available time, you might need to monitor and modify the time later.

Are you driving or using Disney transportation? Depending how things go at AK, getting to HS by 8:45 could be ambitious, but maybe not! But whether driving or busing, there could be some travel/wait time in there. Busy day!! Enjoy.
Thanks - also appreciate the thought on travel... my dh is an extremely early riser, so we plan to be at gate by 6:30 a.m. Hopefully off FOP by 7:45 a.m. and then we are taking an Uber to HS. We are more relaxed for the rest of the day and have more travel time between parks so we can rest on the bus and skyliner. :)

My understanding is #2 - since your Genie+ is in Epcot, it goes by two hours after that park opens.
Thanks for the feedback.

Sounds like 1 vote for #1 and 1 vote for #2... anyone know for certain? I also thought it hinged on first park of day, but have no idea.

Last edited:
Thanks - also appreciate the thought on travel... my dh is an extremely early riser, so we plan to be at gate by 6:30 a.m. Hopefully off FOP by 7:45 a.m. and then we are taking an Uber to HS. We are more relaxed for the rest of the day and have more travel time between parks so we can rest on the bus and skyliner. :)

Thanks for the feedback.

Sounds like 1 vote for #2 and 1 vote for #3... anyone know for certain? I also thought it hinged on first park of day, but have no idea.
I vote for Epcot. I think it is based on where your first G+ LL is booked. Am I 100% certain? No, but I'm much more than 50/50. The fact that thanksfornoticin says "But as soon as you make your Remy LL, the MDE app will clearly show you at the top when you are eligible to book your next LL" actually reinforces the idea that it is the park where Remy is. MDE doesn't know which park you will enter first when you book Remy at 7:00. It only knows which park you booked your first LL in.

Here's a blogpost that agrees with me:
1708276307729.png

Last edited:
I vote for Epcot. I think it is based on where your first G+ LL is booked. Am I 100% certain? No, but I'm much more than 50/50. The fact that thanksfornoticin says "But as soon as you make your Remy LL, the MDE app will clearly show you at the top when you are eligible to book your next LL" actually reinforces the idea that it is the park where Remy is. MDE doesn't know which park you will enter first when you book Remy at 7:00. It only knows which park you booked your first LL in.

Thank you. MDE will also know where I tap in first... to your point, though, if I didn't tap in anywhere else first, the only information it has to go off of is the Remy booking at Epcot.

Thank you. MDE will also know where I tap in first... to your point, though, if I didn't tap in anywhere else first, the only information it has to go off of is the Remy booking at Epcot.
Yep. I really don't think tapping in as you enter AK matters, but until you do MDE certainly doesn't know that is where you are going first (unless it's programmed to read people's minds). :)

BTW, I just edited my post above.

Thanks for the feedback.

Sounds like 1 vote for #1 and 1 vote for #2... anyone know for certain? I also thought it hinged on first park of day, but have no idea.

On our December trip, we hopped from Animal Kingdom to Hollywood Studios. Animal Kingdom opened at 8:00, and Studios opened at 8:30. At 7:00, we booked Slinky LL at Studios.

We weren't eligible for second LL until 10:30 (2 hours after the opening of the park where we had booked our first LL).

On our December trip, we hopped from Animal Kingdom to Hollywood Studios. Animal Kingdom opened at 8:00, and Studios opened at 8:30. At 7:00, we booked Slinky LL at Studios.

We weren't eligible for second LL until 10:30 (2 hours after the opening of the park where we had booked our first LL).
Perfect - thanks!

That's a really good point and observation. With park reservations not being a requirement for most, the system would have no way of knowing the first park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter