Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

My 16 year old will be going with her dance group duting spring break - i will not be going. Could she use my log in info on the MDE to purchase ILL?
My 16 year old just went with her choir. The tour group they went through told us not to link the kids’ tickets to existing MDE due to history of issues dong that, so you may want to check with whoever is organizing the trip. She created a new MDE account and was able to get Virtual Queues - both Tron and Guardians, but could not purchase ILL or Genie+ as a 16 year old.

If I set a park reservation using my unexpiring ticket can I set up an ILL for my 16 year old daughter that is in the parks but I am not? Will that use up 1 day of my unexpiring ticket allotment?

Last edited:
You also want to be aware of the next time you can book - I set an alarm so I was not late for it.
Also - if you have an upcoming window and use a fast pass I have seen it move that window out an hour - not sure why but it did. So it might be better to wait 5 or 10 minutes till your window opens book your next LL and then use the LL
This happened to me during my solo visit this past February. It was surprising as I expected to be able to book another ride, but I could not. I will watch for it when we visit again in a few weeks for spring break. I'll try to grab screenshots to verify.

I don't know if this has been addressed already. My DH and I will be staying at the YC (Oct 24-Nov5) I have the Disney app on phone, I do all the planning. I also use DAS and buy genie+. My son, his wife and 5 year old daughter will also be staying at YC (Oct 29-Nov2). I booked this vacation for them as an early Christmas present. I plan on adding them to my Disney app, so that we can use DAS and genie+ together.
If I give my son my username and password for the Disney app can he make his own choices for genie+? We'll be babysitting at night while they go to Epcot.
Has anyone tried this?

I don't know if this has been addressed already. My DH and I will be staying at the YC (Oct 24-Nov5) I have the Disney app on phone, I do all the planning. I also use DAS and buy genie+. My son, his wife and 5 year old daughter will also be staying at YC (Oct 29-Nov2). I booked this vacation for them as an early Christmas present. I plan on adding them to my Disney app, so that we can use DAS and genie+ together.
If I give my son my username and password for the Disney app can he make his own choices for genie+? We'll be babysitting at night while they go to Epcot.
Has anyone tried this?
We just went and my daughter was logged in on the app on my account and was able to make plans, selections, too. Same 2 hour booking rules apply regardless of who books the genie+.

If anyone is trying the 4-Parks-One-Day, and work in the major headliners, this worked for us last week... BUT, we were lucky enough to get a Tron VQ at the 7 a.m. drop. And we purchased 2 ILLs (Cosmic Rewind, Rise of Resistance).

Also, my sister and I linked our accounts via the Friends and Family... so we were able to book things for each other... however, I handled it for all 8 of us since it was easier that way (except at 7 a.m. - see below). We did not have any issues with this feature. I linked everything the week before to make sure it was working. We are new to linking, so I also asked our hotel front desk to check it when we checked in - LOL.

AK - 7:30 a.m. Early Entry (8:00 a.m. Regular Park Opening)
1. 6 a.m. - Port Orleans Riverside West Depot Bus Stop - On 6:05 a.m. Bus to Animal Kingdom
2. First in Line at AK to Tap In - 6:40 a.m. (ish)... on this day, resort buses did beat parking lot guests in line (sometimes uber/lyft can beat the buses)
*7 a.m.: 3 People on Same Account on Different Phones (Refreshed phones at 6:59 & 59 seconds w/world clock):
-One Person Got: Tron VQ Boarding Group 83
-One Person Got: Rise of Resistance ILL 10:30-11:30 a.m. & Cosmic Rewind ILL 2:05-3:05 p.m.
-One Person Got: Remy LL 12:10-1:10 p.m.
3. 7:20 a.m. (approximately): Early Entry Into Animal Kingdom (with resort guest reservation check to the left on way up the hill)
4. Flights of Passage - Off Ride 7:50 a.m.

HS - 8:30 a.m. Early Entry (9:00 a.m. Regular Park Opening)
6. Lyft to Hollwood Studios - Arrived 8:35 a.m.
7. Tower of Terror - Standby Line, 15 Min Wait
8. Millenium Falcon - Smuggler's Run, No Wait (Single Rider Line... 2 of us got to ride together so no one actually rode single)... Standby Wait Jumped to 30 Mins (we got there almost same time as 9 a.m. regular park entry guests)
9. Star Tours - Standby Line, 15-20 Min Wait
10. Rise of Resistance Went Down (right before we could get on at 10:30 a.m.)...
*Killed Time: Snacks, Rested in Shade / Muppets 3D Vision -or- Lightening McQueen Academy
*11 a.m. - Booked Soarin LL (adjusted time later)
11. 11:30 a.m. (Booked for 10:30-11:30 a.m.) - Rise of Resistance ILL - Came Back Online right at 11:30 a.m.

Epcot
12. Skyliner to Epcot
13. 1:00 p.m. - Book Haunted Mansion LL
14. 1:05 p.m. (Booked for 12:10-1:10 p.m.) - LL Remy
15. Ride Break: Tour the World/Festival Kiosks (could also ride low wait rides like Nemo, Pixar Movie, 3 Caballeros)
16. 2:20 p.m. (Booked for 2:05-3:05 p.m.) - Cosmic Rewind ILL
17. 3:00 p.m. - Booked Space Mountain LL (adjusted timing later)
18. 3:05 p.m. (Booked for 2:30-3:30 p.m.) - Soarin LL

Magic Kingdom (Fireworks 8 p.m. / Close 11 p.m.)
19. Monorail to Magic Kingdom
20. 3:40 p.m. - Tron Boarding VQ Group 83 (it was still being called), Probably 25-30 mins to get through queue
21. Carousel - No Wait
NOTE: Probably could have done Peter Pan here (line was all the way inside to Nana picture area, maybe it had gone down and was just coming back online?), but we were getting tired, LOL
23. 5:30 p.m. - Haunted Mansion LL
-Book Pirates LL
24. ?? p.m. (maybe 6 p.m.) - Space Mountain LL
25. ?? p.m. (right after SM) - Pirates LL... except it went down and up, then down again... finally gave up to get out of the park

*We left MK around 7:45 a.m. because we had an event that night. So could have seen the fireworks at 8 p.m. (not seen the projections in the over crowded hub), and booked some more LL that still had availability, and ridden things/seen shows after the fireworks. If we hadn't had to leave, I feel pretty confident we could have added in Buzz Lightyear, People Mover, Laugh Floor and Philharmagic (because I love them), Little Mermaid ride, Aladdin Magic Carpets... and Big Thunder Mountain or Seven Dwarfs as a get in line at park close.

Per the Disney website, yes, Swan/Dolphin does qualify for 7AM ILL$ purchase.

'Guests of a Disney Resort hotel and other select hotels may make their first purchase at 7:00 AM on the day of their park visit. This includes Guests of Walt Disney World Swan Hotel, Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel and Shades of Green Resort.'

Much of Canada have our March Break this week as well as it’s the beginning of Spring Break season in the US.
Ahhhh!!! Spring Break... I am going a week between two sets of breaks in April. It's still going to be crowded, but not as bad the week before and after me.

I have a family member going the first weekend in April. I'm trying to give her some budget advise. It's hard to say if these G+ prices will hold all the way through that week?

I have a family member going the first weekend in April. I'm trying to give her some budget advise. It's hard to say if these G+ prices will hold all the way through that week?
If it were us, we'd be looking to budget $30-$35 per day per person that weekend for G+, depending on which park (or multi-park) we were doing. EP and AK will be slightly less, but not much.

If it were us, we'd be looking to budget $30-$35 per day per person that weekend for G+, depending on which park (or multi-park) we were doing. EP and AK will be slightly less, but not much.

Thank you. Yesterday I sent her that new list of prices so she could be prepared for that, as she was previously thinking in the $25 range. She's also not a morning person but I'm trying to encourage her to buy that and get a ride booked early to make it worth her while. I know for sure she is doing MK, which will be a high cost.

Thank you. Yesterday I sent her that new list of prices so she could be prepared for that, as she was previously thinking in the $25 range. She's also not a morning person but I'm trying to encourage her to buy that and get a ride booked early to make it worth her while. I know for sure she is doing MK, which will be a high cost.
I don't know if it's a possibility, but you/they should also watch the pricing for the ILLs, currently, if they have any plans to use that for an attraction like Flight of Passage, Guardians, Tron, etc..... That 'budgeting' piece can get lost in there. There are times we don't buy G+, but will buy an ILL for a particular attraction instead. You probably already know, but you don't have to purchase G+ to purchase an ILL. But ILLs can add up, too - maybe $20 per day per person.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter