Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Does Genie+ require an AP to be activated or is the park reservation good enough? I hope I don't have to go to guest services the day before our first park day to get Genie+ after midnight.

Edit: if anyone else is wondering, I did not need to activate the AP to purchase Genie+.

Last edited:
I've used G+ before, but I can't figure out how to get a different time in the am. For instance, I log in at 7 am but want to stack DHS later in the day. Only am times populate at first. The way I've done it before is to keep logging in and out until it gets closer to the time I want. Is there a better/different way?

I've used G+ before, but I can't figure out how to get a different time in the am. For instance, I log in at 7 am but want to stack DHS later in the day. Only am times populate at first. The way I've done it before is to keep logging in and out until it gets closer to the time I want. Is there a better/different way?
G+ only shows the next available return time. You can select an attraction then try to modify the time later to a later return time.

If you don't have magic bands...can you scan everyone in on your app for genie plus? My aunt and I are going together so I will plan everything but didn't know if I can scan her in when we go for a ride.

If you don't have magic bands...can you scan everyone in on your app for genie plus? My aunt and I are going together so I will plan everything but didn't know if I can scan her in when we go for a ride.
If you are linked on MDE you can but it may be easier just to get her a KTTW card the first time you enter a park.

We have a large party all linked as F&F in MDE and we were wanting to split the cost of G+ among our individual families. Is it possible for us to purchase G+ by selecting the profiles we want to pay for in our own MDE accounts, but then one person (ME) to be in charge of booking LLs for everyone?

We have a large party all linked as F&F in MDE and we were wanting to split the cost of G+ among our individual families. Is it possible for us to purchase G+ by selecting the profiles we want to pay for in our own MDE accounts, but then one person (ME) to be in charge of booking LLs for everyone?
Yes. Just make sure that everyone is linked as "family and friends".

I had an LL right now for EE. It says ride is broken down. If the ride stays down for my window, do I get an anytime LL? I know I can at Disneyland. If so, can it be used for FoP?

I had an LL right now for EE. It says ride is broken down. If the ride stays down for my window, do I get an anytime LL? I know I can at Disneyland. If so, can it be used for FoP?
Yes, you will get an anytime LL. No, it will not be good for Flight of Passage. An anytime LL for a Genie+ ride being down is not good for an ILL ride. (That's true at Disneyland too.) I believe your anytime LL will be good for all Genie+ rides at AK. That's not necessarily true for anytime LLs obtained at the other parks.

EDIT: Note the emphasis on rides. Anytime LLs are not good for meet-and-greets and the like.
Second EDIT: It should be good for most shows too. It's the meet-and-greet and Animation Experience that I think are the excluded Genie+ attractions at AK.

Last edited:
Yes, you will get an anytime LL. No, it will not be good for Flight of Passage. An anytime LL for a Genie+ ride being down is not good for an ILL ride. (That's true at Disneyland too.) I believe your anytime LL will be good for all Genie+ rides at AK. That's not necessarily true for anytime LLs obtained at the other parks.

EDIT: Note the emphasis on rides. Anytime LLs are not good for meet-and-greets and the like.
Thank you!

I am not sure if this is the appropriate thread to ask this question but-

Does it make sense to use Genie+ on days you plan to do some of the extra things like if we sign up for Bibbitti Bobbidi Boutique at MK or Caring for Giants/ Up-close with Rhinos at AK?

With those commitments and lunch or dinner at the park I figure that is a 2-to-3-hour block that we would not use Genie+. We usually get to the park at opening and leave around 4.

Does it make sense to use Genie+ on days you plan to do some of the extra things like if we sign up for Bibbitti Bobbidi Boutique at MK or Caring for Giants/ Up-close with Rhinos at AK?

With those commitments and lunch or dinner at the park I figure that is a 2-to-3-hour block that we would not use Genie+. We usually get to the park at opening and leave around 4.
It really is a personal choice as you can stack LL return times around other commitments.

I will say many (me included) do not find G+ needed/a good value at AK.

We actually found the use of Genie+ to be specifically useful in the circumstances you outline. We had two kids (one 8, one 2); the 8 year old wanted to ride many things and the 2 year old was too short to. Using Genie+ in all four parks allowed us to spend more time together as a family, do the timed things (lunch at Tusker, etc) that otherwise would have eaten up our day, and made the whole thing less stressful. I know folks always say you don't need Genie+ in AK and arguably not in Epcot, but I'm very glad we spent the $ and had a much more relaxing trip because of it.

I know folks always say you don't need Genie+ in AK and arguably not in Epcot, but I'm very glad we spent the $ and had a much more relaxing trip because of it.
Yes, this. We 100% did not need Genie for AK, but I am so glad we did it. I hadn't planned on it, but at the last minute decided to because we were exhausted and just wanted to take it slow. It was so nice to not need to rush around or backtrack, especially in a big park like AK.

Yes, there are definite benefits from having G+ in all the parks. For us there are just fewer benefits to having it in AK due to less attractions and the time of year we travel so for us I cannot justify the cost as the times savings is less than some other times of year. We visit in late Aug which is lower crowds than many other times so lines are more manageable.

Yes, there are definite benefits from having G+ in all the parks. For us there are just fewer benefits to having it in AK due to less attractions and the time of year we travel so for us I cannot justify the cost as the times savings is less than some other times of year. We visit in late Aug which is lower crowds than many other times so lines are more manageable.
This year we are going August 11 to the 20th. We will do 6 park days. I am thinking since we are at MK and Epcot twice, we would use Genie+ on the second day at each and see what we can do on the first day without it.

All subject to change as I hear opinions and do further reading on what seems to work.

This year we are going August 11 to the 20th. We will do 6 park days. I am thinking since we are at MK and Epcot twice, we would use Genie+ on the second day at each and see what we can do on the first day without it.

All subject to change as I hear opinions and do further reading on what seems to work.
We arrive the day you leave and our plan is much the same. The beginning of our trip we will be with extended family and touring without G+. The second half of our trip my plan is to purchase PH G+ each day of our trip to take advantage of things we may wish to do again or missed earlier in our trip.

I will say that since we have PH tickets I choose to purchase G+ with the multi-parks option each day we purchase it as the few extra dollars allows for more park changes and moving about should our initial park prove to be busier than we originally thought it might be. Sometimes we like to visit a park where G+ may not be needed and stack for later in the day at a second park.

I'm sure this has been asked somewhere but is there a limit to the amount of LLs you can hold at a given time? We're planning to go back to the resort to rest in the middle of the day and hoping to stack LLs for the evening. Thanks!

I'm sure this has been asked somewhere but is there a limit to the amount of LLs you can hold at a given time? We're planning to go back to the resort to rest in the middle of the day and hoping to stack LLs for the evening. Thanks!
There's no limit I am aware of, but the nature of how it works will limit you. If you are stacking, you can make 1 LL at 7am, then 1 at 11am, then 1 at 1pm, assuming official park opening is 9, so you could only have 3 stacked. You could do another 3pm which would give you 4 stacked. Also, have to factor in what is left to get by 1 and 3 as the most popular rides run out in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter