• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Park Hopping - Please Read Post 1

Is the park hopping time of 2:00 changing in February? Heard it from a fellow Disney nerd. Was wondering if I had somehow missed this update?

I got to Epcot at 1:45 thinking I’d have to wait until 2 … but there were no lines of people waiting to get in, so I asked the CM if I had to wait until exactly 2 pm and he said to try my band - and it let me in and then I was able to get on the queue for GotG!
ymmv

The exact same thing happened to me two weeks ago! The CM was as surprised as I was. I was shocked that I could get in early, and then I was doubly shocked that I could still get in the GotG queue. It was definitely a nice surprise!

@RoseGold so sorry you got yelled at. Grrr...that sort of takes the wind out of your sails, eh? :oops:

It’s been rumored that the programmed time is 1:47pm.
I've seen numerous reports between 10-15 minutes early. (We got in 10 minutes early last week). Do not think I've seen one that is more than 15 minutes . . . I'd suspect (without any proof) that there's a standard grace period before. Doesn't seem like it would make enough difference to have this be a day by day determination. With Epcot - it's actually a bigger deal than most parks as getting a little head start on what is left over from the 1pm VQ may be a decent advantage.

That's good to hear. Last October, we were held up at the taps at EP until exactly 2PM. We had a VIP tour starting at 2PM and our tour guide was waiting over by the stroller rentals. LOL

I've always heard 1:47, and have been able to do it between 1:47 and 2:00 without issue.

I got to Epcot at 1:45 thinking I’d have to wait until 2 … but there were no lines of people waiting to get in, so I asked the CM if I had to wait until exactly 2 pm and he said to try my band - and it let me in and then I was able to get on the queue for GotG!
ymmv
Your comment has been merged with Everything Park Hopping.

Glad you were able to get in and snag a GotG!

Merged with existing data as sometimes hopping works as early as 1:45 and other times people need to wait until 2:00. Seems to vary day to day, park to park. My theory is, it's worth trying!

That's good to hear. Last October, we were held up at the taps at EP until exactly 2PM. We had a VIP tour starting at 2PM and our tour guide was waiting over by the stroller rentals. LOL
I assume they had a separate entrance for those not hopping? If it was that close I would be tempted to just go to that entrance and scan.

I assume they had a separate entrance for those not hopping? If it was that close I would be tempted to just go to that entrance and scan.
Once you’ve tapped into your first park, you will not be allowed to scan into another park until it’s open for park hopping regardless of what tap point you use.

Once you’ve tapped into your first park, you will not be allowed to scan into another park until it’s open for park hopping regardless of what tap point you use.
Based on previous reports that happens at 1:47. If they were telling park hoppers to go to the right hand side and wait until 2, I wonder (if you went to the left hand side anyway) if it would turn green at 1:47 still?

I didn’t see a separate line. I guess it’s like using the ll entrance - if you tap in and it’s too early, you would just step aside and wait.

Does anyone just walk into a park in the morning and straight back out again and then chill at the resort pool so they can go to another park in the late afternoon without having to make a reservation?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter