Everything Park Reservations - Please Read Post 1

As an AP you must either tap into the park where you have a reservation, prior to hopping or, change your park reservation to the new park you wish to go to.

Additional information is available in post 1 of this thread.
thank you, wasn't sure if it had changed, since we are only ones with reservations yet.

thank you, wasn't sure if it had changed, since we are only ones with reservations yet.
Keep an eye open for the occasional Good-To-Go days that Disney puts out a few days to a few weeks in advance. If one of those days happens to be assigned during your stay, folks with APs will have their park reservation essentially canceled that day, because they won't need one. No park reservations required for APs on those GTG days. It would open up another day where you could make an additional reservation in advance.

Unfortunately, they seem to be somewhat scattered in the assignments - but we saw them listed in our MDE app under Future Plans when we looked while vacationing in Jan.

I don't think this is answered in the first post so just want clarification... As an AP holder, I know that I still need to make park reservations. I also understand that if I'm not entering a park until after 2pm I do NOT need a park reservation, except at MK on Saturday or Sunday. BUT... my question is, what if it is a Saturday or Sunday and I have a park reservation at Epcot. I go to Epcot in the morning, but decide I want to park hop over to MK. Regardless if it is before or after 2pm, am I still allowed to park hop over to MK since I did have a park reservation that morning at a different park? Or am I not allowed to go to MK on Saturday or Sunday AT ALL unless I had a park reservation for MK in the first place? I hope I'm making sense...

I posted this under the ticket forum, but perhaps it’s better placed here.

“We have some old, multi day, no expiration, tickets in our MDE. Our APs expired and we didn’t renew. Our next trip is in December. We plan to buy APs and activate them when we are there. I am wondering about making park reservations ahead of time. If I make them using the old tickets, can I easily change them to the APs on the day of our visit? Do not want to risk having these valuable non expiration tickets used when we go, but would like to have park reservations in advance (and I know these have to be attached to tickets). Thanks for any help on this.”

edited to add: we will be staying on site and will buy tickets that are compatible with our AP.

I don't think this is answered in the first post so just want clarification... As an AP holder, I know that I still need to make park reservations. I also understand that if I'm not entering a park until after 2pm I do NOT need a park reservation, except at MK on Saturday or Sunday. BUT... my question is, what if it is a Saturday or Sunday and I have a park reservation at Epcot. I go to Epcot in the morning, but decide I want to park hop over to MK. Regardless if it is before or after 2pm, am I still allowed to park hop over to MK since I did have a park reservation that morning at a different park? Or am I not allowed to go to MK on Saturday or Sunday AT ALL unless I had a park reservation for MK in the first place? I hope I'm making sense...
You can hop to the MK anytime after entering a different park.

Hello, we were able to get military discounted magic your way tickets for this trip. These need park reservations and of course as soon as I got them April 2nd (our MK day) was booked up. It looks like they've added more park hours through the week before and I expect they will do the same here soon for the first week of April. My question is does anyone know if they open more park reservations for that day when they do add additional hours? Thanks for any info!

Hello, we were able to get military discounted magic your way tickets for this trip. These need park reservations and of course as soon as I got them April 2nd (our MK day) was booked up. It looks like they've added more park hours through the week before and I expect they will do the same here soon for the first week of April. My question is does anyone know if they open more park reservations for that day when they do add additional hours? Thanks for any info!
Not necessarily but I would encourage you to keep trying. Also, I would recommend trying to actually book the park rather than relying on the availability calendar as the calendar is not updated real-time. There have been many reports of people being successful getting a park reservation for a park that was previously fun. Diligence trying is key.

XP from Tickets & AP questions thread...

I can't remember if I asked this or not already, so here we go.

My traveling companions for my upcoming trip have 3 sets of tickets (A- one day date based ticket, B- two day non PH ticket, & C- 1 day PH ticket). Tickets B & C are unexpired comped tickets from a previous trip.

I made park reservations for tickets B & C (B- 3/22 & 3/24 and C - 3/26). When they tap into the turnstiles, will the system pull the correct ticket or will we need to go to GS and have them prioritize the correct tickets?

A follow up question from my recent VQ question.

A group has plans to split a day between AK (am) and EPCOT (pm). All have tickets that require park reservations. (A combo of AP and school trip tickets.) I have read that it works to

1-Make park reservations for Epcot
2-Try to get 7am GoG VQ
3-Switch park reservations to AK
4-Go about your wonderful day at DW as planned
Group is hoping to do this next week (3/19) with spring break crowds. Could they have a problem switch back to AK park ressie? Do you see any other problems? (I’m not familiar with the school trip tickets and what regulations they may have.)

Thanks in advance!

A follow up question from my recent VQ question.

A group has plans to split a day between AK (am) and EPCOT (pm). All have tickets that require park reservations. (A combo of AP and school trip tickets.) I have read that it works to

1-Make park reservations for Epcot
2-Try to get 7am GoG VQ
3-Switch park reservations to AK
4-Go about your wonderful day at DW as planned
Group is hoping to do this next week (3/19) with spring break crowds. Could they have a problem switch back to AK park ressie? Do you see any other problems? (I’m not familiar with the school trip tickets and what regulations they may have.)

Thanks in advance!
I would recommend keeping an eye on the park reservation calendar to see if AK fills. That’s really the only way to see if there could be a challenge. It’s not common that AK fills but it can at times.

I would recommend keeping an eye on the park reservation calendar to see if AK fills. That’s really the only way to see if there could be a challenge. It’s not common that AK fills but it can at times.
Thank you. I’m also a little worried about the School trip tix. The school set up park ressies. But now the kids have MDE accounts and have control. I don’t know the terms and conditions on those tickets.

Thank you. I’m also a little worried about the School trip tix. The school set up park ressies. But now the kids have MDE accounts and have control. I don’t know the terms and conditions on those tickets.
I'm not familiar with these types of tickets so you will need to research to see what can/cannot be done with these tickets. My response was purely from a park hopping reservation standpoint, not ticket capabilities or recommendation.

So they extended the park hours for the first week of April, but they did not add any capacity. I’ve seen a total of 5 days that didn’t have MK availability and in my crazy refreshing all of them have opened up at least once except April 2nd which is the date I need. Anyone want to switch to another day? The 1st and 3rd are open 😂 Back to refreshing.

For those of us that have APs there are no Good to Go Days listed from now (3/19) through June. :(

Can someone explain the extra magic hours for deluxe resort guests? How do they know your a guest of a deluxe hotel after 9 pm?

Can someone explain the extra magic hours for deluxe resort guests? How do they know your a guest of a deluxe hotel after 9 pm?
Once the park is closed, guests cannot enter an attraction queue without having their band scanned. At some point I’m not sure if the same happens for purchasing food and entering stores.

Is there a thread for people who are cancelling park pass reservations and people who need them? I did a search and couldn’t find it. I’m sure it’s not really needed very often anymore but I just wanted to check. April 2nd is impossible for MK.

Is there a thread for people who are cancelling park pass reservations and people who need them? I did a search and couldn’t find it. I’m sure it’s not really needed very often anymore but I just wanted to check. April 2nd is impossible for MK.
No there isn’t. The best suggestion is to keep trying for park reservations. Very often they open up.

One recommendation is to not rely on the park reservations calendar as it is not updated real-time. Keep trying to make reservations for that day. Many have been successful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter