Everything Park Reservations - Please Read Post 1

ETA: I gave up after a half hour on hold and just canceled my resort, booked my park day, and re-booked my resort.

Ugh, I just got hit with the AP+ Resort Guest issue of reservations being available for APs, but not Resort Guests. I'm on hold now with the Passholder line, but thought I'd check: is there a different number to call to get park reservations to prioritize my AP? I'm tempted to just cancel my resort reservation, book my park, then re-book the resort to save time.

Park Reservations are NOT associated with any specific ticket. They just exist. Once you have one, it is irrelevant what ticket you actually use to enter the park. You don't need to call and have your AP prioritized to your park reservation. Such a thing does not exist.

Steve

Over the last couple of days I have noticed that when I check in the afternoon, there is suddenly more availability that there was in the morning (or over the last several days) for the CURRENT day. As an example, this morning the only availability was for Epcot. That has been the case for the last few days as I have been watching. I checked at 9am and 10:30am (central time) with the same result. I just checked a little before 11:30am and now Epcot, MK and AK are all available today.
Park reservations are not actually tied directly to a ticket, and don't automatically cancel when a guest changes their trip dates or cancels a trip. Very recently Disney announced that the computer system would now do a "sweep" of abandoned park reservations. That apparently is occurring now and dumping inventory into the same day or next day.

Park Reservations are NOT associated with any specific ticket. They just exist. Once you have one, it is irrelevant what ticket you actually use to enter the park. You don't need to call and have your AP prioritized to your park reservation. Such a thing does not exist.

Steve
I'm talking about wanting to make a park reservation for a day that's already full for Resort Guests, but is open for APs. With a resort reservation, I could not book that park reservation, even though I should be able to as an AP. But by canceling the resort reservation, I was able to book the park reservation. It's a known issue and people have been able to call to get it fixed, but I got sick of being on hold.

Steve
Actually, if you have an AP and book a resort, your park pass will be tied to resort bucket. So yes, if this person cancelled their room, they'd be able to book the park with their AP.

Reason for this difference, without resort room, APs are only able to book 3 park passes at a time whereas with a room, they can book length of stay, but if there's no availability in that bucket, it's not helpful.

Oddly, it has changed again for today - I didn't look between 11:30am and 1:00pm my time so I don't know when it happened, but now all 4 parks are available today.

Park Pass availability just opened WAY UP into the Summer. Lots of green dates. If you're thinking of booking or changing do it RN. I've already seen some days go yellow.
Thank you!! My dates in May have been booked. I needed to switch 2 days and was able to switch one today. YAY

I have a trip scheduled for mid to late May and didn't realize early enough that Park Reservations were booking up (we had no trouble with trips in September and January). I have reservations for Epcot and AK for our trip and have been watching the availability chart in hopes of getting an MK or even a HS if possible.

Over the last couple of days I have noticed that when I check in the afternoon, there is suddenly more availability that there was in the morning (or over the last several days) for the CURRENT day. As an example, this morning the only availability was for Epcot. That has been the case for the last few days as I have been watching. I checked at 9am and 10:30am (central time) with the same result. I just checked a little before 11:30am and now Epcot, MK and AK are all available today.

This seems very odd - what is the point of opening up available reservations in the afternoon (11:30 my time is 12:30 at the parks)? Do the reservations actually open up earlier and only show up on the chart in the afternoon?

Part of what is so annoying with this is that DH and I both have APs. This particular trip is for our DS who is graduating college the day prior to our trip. He has a Park Hopper so we will at least be able to visit the other parks after 2pm, but if I had been able to purchase an AP for him, we would have plenty of availability.
Lots of availability just opened up for late May. The last week of May is currently Green during the week. Make changes while you can.

Lots of availability just opened up for late May. The last week of May is currently Green during the week. Make changes while you can.
Thanks Jill! I noticed that right after I posted above. Managed to get a couple MK and HS for our trip. Still stuck with Epcot on the weekend (not my first choice during a festival) but far better than the all Epcot/AK reservations I had before. :)

Interesting that first week of June, HS has opened up except for Saturday/Sunday, but MK is fully booked. I do not recall seeing days before where anything filled up before HS (except 7/4 and around 10/1).

Makes me wonder if this was a dump of AP reservations, or an increase in capacity?

I just managed to get one for HS for week of June 13th. It had been unavailable for my whole trip. Woohoo!

Interesting that first week of June, HS has opened up except for Saturday/Sunday, but MK is fully booked. I do not recall seeing days before where anything filled up before HS (except 7/4 and around 10/1).

Makes me wonder if this was a dump of AP reservations, or an increase in capacity?
Sounds like a lot of dates filled back up pretty quick, so doubtful it was an increase in capacity.

One person will not be joining us but she has a park reservation.

I'm afraid to click "cancel reservation" while I see five names listed. Will the next screen allow me to pick the name to cancel?

Our park reservations when we look at them in plans are being listed as two groups (eg. June 27 HS 3 people, June 27 HS 2 people instead of June 27 HS 5 people). We originally had 3 of us going but added two more a few weeks ago. Anybody know if this will cause a problem with RotR automatically grouping all of us, and how to fix it if we need to?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter