Everything Park Reservations - Please Read Post 1

Your reservation should be good all day from park open to close.
On Oct 1 (50th Anniversary day) my reservation was for MK. I went back to the resort around 2 for lunch reservation and returned to MK- which had been closed to Park Hoppers but those with MK reservation for that day, myself included, were re-admitted without problem.
I think you should be fine all day.

We will be visiting DW in a few weeks for my daughter's cheer competition. We have been many times before but have not been to Galaxy's Edge so we would like to experience that. I believe we only have 1 day that we don't have to deal with a cheer schedule so I was planning to make a reservation for HS on that day. For the other 2 days, we won't know when we can get into a park until we get her competition schedule. Any suggestions on which park to make a reservation? FOP at AK is a favorite but we would not do too many other things there. We have a private party at MK so I don't think we need a reservation there and we will want to spend time at Epcot for the flower & garden festival. Seems like Genie+ would be worthless except for the day we don't have cheer. Any thoughts on how to accomplish the goals of Galaxy's Edge (both rides), FOP and other than that we can walk around and be satisfied.

So, if we have park reservations made and show up later in the morning does this create a problem.? I am talking about if the park has reached capacity will we be locked out? After all this is why we made the reservation to be sure we are admitted. But will they allow day guests in to replace us if we are not at the park before them? Just a nagging question in my mind as we plant on being there during the 4th of July week.
You will be just fine. Please read post 1

Noticing that the week of March 14 is starting to fill up and some parks not available for reservations. I have also seen that the park hours have been getting an update with longer hours. Does anyone know when/how often WDW updates the availability? Nervous about switching as I may be left out in the cold. :(

Have they ever stopped park hopping because of capacity since park reservations? Just curious for our upcoming spring break trip and hopping to another park every evening.

Have they ever stopped park hopping because of capacity since park reservations? Just curious for our upcoming spring break trip and hopping to another park every evening.
Only once for a few hours to the MK on Oct 1st, the 50th Anniversary if MK. PH should be no problem.

there is an entire thread dedicated to Park Hopping if you’d like tips gathered from many experiences.

Noticing that the week of March 14 is starting to fill up and some parks not available for reservations. I have also seen that the park hours have been getting an update with longer hours. Does anyone know when/how often WDW updates the availability? Nervous about switching as I may be left out in the cold. :(
I haven't noticed any particular pattern. Parks that are sold out do sometimes turn green again... I'm assuming due to cancellations and/or staffing changes. But again, not with any predictability. If you want to switch I'd do so ASAP.

How soon do the park days fill up generally for summer? We are going in July, but I don't want to make park reservations before I even know the park hours, EEHs etc.

How soon do the park days fill up generally for summer? We are going in July, but I don't want to make park reservations before I even know the park hours, EEHs etc.
It's hard to say. We are just now seeing some dates for spring break start to fill up, just a few weeks in advance. I wouldn't expect summer dates to fill up too far in advance, but I guess you never know. If you already have tickets there is no harm in making reservations now and changing them later, so at least you have something secured.

I'm trying to extend my seven day tickets by one day. They start on March 7 and, if i could make them eight day tickets, would be valid until March 18. Unfortunately, March 14 is completely booked out, so Disney isn't allowing me to add the extra day. I'm ok with not going to the parks on March 14, but would like to go on March 15. Is there any way to get around this roadblock?

I'm trying to extend my seven day tickets by one day. They start on March 7 and, if i could make them eight day tickets, would be valid until March 18. Unfortunately, March 14 is completely booked out, so Disney isn't allowing me to add the extra day. I'm ok with not going to the parks on March 14, but would like to go on March 15. Is there any way to get around this roadblock?
Unfortunately unless Mar 14th opens up, the only option you will have will be to purchase a 1 day ticket. Not ideal but the way tickets work now that park reservations are in place.

just asking though, are you able to add a date by adding Mar 136th but still not starting them until the 14th?

Last edited:
just asking though, are you able to add a date by adding Mar 13th but still not starting them until the 14th?

I think i understand what you're trying to suggest, and i had considered that - moving my tickets to somewhere else in the year, adding a day, then moving them back. But I'm worried if i try to move them back to March 7, I'll be rejected because of the booked out date in the middle. That and i have all sorts of things booked during that period and i don't want to risk losing them.

It's not the worst problem in the world. We'll just have two days of hanging at the resort, Disney Springs, the outlets, instead of one.

I think i understand what you're trying to suggest, and i had considered that - moving my tickets to somewhere else in the year, adding a day, then moving them back. But I'm worried if i try to move them back to March 7, I'll be rejected because of the booked out date in the middle. That and i have all sorts of things booked during that period and i don't want to risk losing them.

It's not the worst problem in the world. We'll just have two days of hanging at the resort, Disney Springs, the outlets, instead of one.
Sorry no, I was on my phone and accidentally typed the wrong date. I'm not thinking to move to another date in the calendar, I'm asking if adding a day to the front of your ticket might work in this situation? I honestly don't know but just looking for options that might help you. If you're allowed to add March 6th to your tickets, could that possibly work?

Ahh gotcha 🙂 unfortunately, that won't work. Our flight gets in at 12:30am on 3/7.
Sometimes, though, depending on the length of the tickets, they'll still be good for the entire stay. Buying 8 day tickets that start on March 6 doesn't mean you have to use them on March 6. In December 2020 our family bought 6-day tickets that started on Dec. 18, even though no one arrived until Dec. 20, because they were cheaper than tickets starting 12/20 and were good for any 6 days from 12/18 through 12/25, and we were leaving on 12/26. So, if you bought 8-day tickets with a start date of March 6, would they still be good through the last day you need them for?

Yeah I would check your valid dates just to be sure. Ours are good from the day we arrive for up to 10 days (7 day ticket)

Oh no! So sorry!

It's ok, thank you for trying to help! I should have organized myself earlier. Tbh, we have all parks covered in the days prior, so I wasn't sure where I wanted to book, but I think it'll be nice to end the trip with just some down time :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter