Everything Park Reservations - Please Read Post 1

There has never been a time that a guest has reported having a park reservation and been denied park entry. Something like that would spread like wildfire among the bloggers if it ever happened.

I would not be concerned at all. Even park hopping was only stopped once for a few hours on its 50th anniversary date and reopened after a short amount of time.

I would not anticipate any challenges. Park reservations have now been in place for almost 3 years so that’s a lot of history.
I completely agree. Still, however, I wouldn’t arrive right before fireworks on 4th of July, NYE, etc. I’m not saying OP wouldn’t get in, but, since OP said “ no matter what time”, this might be a time I would try to avoid arriving .

I logged on to add one more park reservation and was surprised to see many dates fully sold out for availability. We are traveling during a week that the crowd calendars say lightest to next lightest crowd levels. I guess I didn’t expect the reservations to sell out on these days. Thankfully, I got the reservations I wanted but wow. I was on the fence about adding one more day to our park hoppers but won’t bother now.

Do you often see availability pop up as the dates approach? I imagine that is the case.

I just looked and saw full availability through January. I'm sure there is full availability after January too, I just didn't look past that.

Now I’m thinking there is an issue with my tickets. Because when I log out and look at the calendar all dates are available. Good grief. Need to call them.
What is it you are trying to do? Are you attempting to change from one park reservation to a different park? If so, if all your days of tickets are allocated you will need to cancel one day to free up space. This will allow you to change park reservations.

What is it you are trying to do? Are you attempting to change from one park reservation to a different park? If so, if all your days of tickets are allocated you will need to cancel one day to free up space. This will allow you to change park reservations.
Just me being dumb. I forgot one of us has more available park days than the others in our party. I was looking at the calendar for our entire party not just his ticket.

I have a spreadsheet - 8 people 8 days, 12 ADR and 12 DAS so far. And a running total of $12000 so far without hotel or air fare or gas or genie+ yet.
12k yowza!!

We’re at 6.5k for park hoppers, hotel and airfare. Budgeting another 2k for food/activities while we are there.

We must love this place to keep shelling out the dough and coming back for more.

AP holders can enter any park after 2 pm without needing a park reservation EXCEPT for the MK on Saturday & Sunday.
Meaning AP holders don’t need a park reservation at all if they’re not going to the parks before 2:00pm? Only need park reservations for MK on Saturday & Sunday?

Meaning AP holders don’t need a park reservation at all if they’re not going to the parks before 2:00pm? Only need park reservations for MK on Saturday & Sunday?
Yes. That is what @erionm is saying.

AP holders can enter any park after 2 pm without needing a park reservation EXCEPT for the MK on Saturday & Sunday.

We were thinking of MK on 12/30 and Epcot on 12/31. Is it true that you have to get into the park early AM and STAY, or you won’t be able to get into the park because it hits capacity early? Or has that changed with park reservations? One of our friends can’t get into Florida until the morning of 12/31.

We were thinking of MK on 12/30 and Epcot on 12/31. Is it true that you have to get into the park early AM and STAY, or you won’t be able to get into the park because it hits capacity early? Or has that changed with park reservations? One of our friends can’t get into Florida until the morning of 12/31.
Until park reservations are gone, a park reservation guarantees you entrance from open to close. You may leave and return.

What happens if an AP has a reservation for Magic Kingdom, but tries to scan into EPCOT after 2pm without going to MK first? (On a weekday)

We are debating our plans but won’t be at any park until at least 1pm. Should we just not make any reservation? Is there a penalty for making one for one park and scanning into another?

What happens if an AP has a reservation for Magic Kingdom, but tries to scan into EPCOT after 2pm without going to MK first? (On a weekday)

We are debating our plans but won’t be at any park until at least 1pm. Should we just not make any reservation? Is there a penalty for making one for one park and scanning into another?
In that case i believe you would need to go in to MDE and cancel your reservation for MK prior to trying to tap into Epcot after 2PM.

Seems the park hopping restriction of needing to tap in to first park still exists so just curious how you would handle this. Just FYI, we're staying at Beach Club so I'm not sure either scenario is terrible assuming I understand the rules ok.

We will arrive on Saturday 9/30. Flight is supposed to land at around 12:15 so I'm just going to assume we will be at Beach Club by 2pm or so. We're planning to take advantage of the DHS EEH that night so I currently have a reservation marked for that park. However, given the EEH situation likely leading to a pretty extended time at DHS we might prefer to go do a loop around F&W before heading over to DHS.

I'm thinking based on this it would probably be better to just have a reservation for Epcot. Because even if we decide we don't want to do a lap around F&W we could always just walk over, tap in, then walk over to the skyliner and hitch a ride to DHS from there. Does this sound logical?

Thanks!

(BTW, I'm really happy for those folks who don't have to deal with this reservation system starting in January!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter