Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

The way it used to work before the "covid break" was that if
you bought an AP (which included MM back then) even photos in your file that were taken within a year prior to your owning that new AP new were automatically available for you to download as part of the AP's Memory Maker.
In a similar fashion, If you are adding MM to an AP that was used at WDW prior to you adding that MM feature, it would make sense that your photos would become available after the upgrade.

The way it used to work before the "covid break" was that if
you bought an AP (which included MM back then) even photos in your file that were taken within a year prior to your owning that new AP new were automatically available for you to download as part of the AP's Memory Maker.
In a similar fashion, If you are adding MM to an AP that was used at WDW prior to you adding that MM feature, it would make sense that your photos would become available after the upgrade.

After 2.5 hours on hold I did get an answer direct from Disney. You can add it but only in person, not over the phone. However photos are held in your account for 355 days after taking them. Wish the first rep I spoke to at 1.5 hour mark had been able to tell me that without the second hour long transfer 🙃

Search function is failing me this morning. :upsidedow Two questions that have probably already been answered somewhere:
(1) Are individual photos available to purchase as digital files? I keep seeing lots about only able to purchase prints of individual images.
(2) Are photographers and CM once again allowed to use guests' phones/cameras?

Search function is failing me this morning. :upsidedow Two questions that have probably already been answered somewhere:
(1) Are individual photos available to purchase as digital files? I keep seeing lots about only able to purchase prints of individual images.
(2) Are photographers and CM once again allowed to use guests' phones/cameras?

yes you can buy individual digital downloads. I did on a recent trip.
I believe cast members are allowed to use your camera to take a photo now

Is there a list somewhere of all of the backgrounds available at the Photopass Studio at Disney Springs?
Are there any Star Wars themed backgrounds available?

Am I able to have my picture taken throughout the day and look at them later and buy just one or two? I'm confused as to what the difference is between Photo Pass and Memory Maker. I'll have Genie+ and I have seen the augmented reality shots from people, but not sure what's what when it comes to the in park pictures.

1. Am I able to have my picture taken throughout the day and look at them later and buy just one or two? I'm confused as to what the difference is between
2. Photo Pass and
3. Memory Maker.
1. Yes.
Briefly:
2. That is who/what "SHOOTS" the WDW photos. (CM's with cameras. On-ride photos taken. Etc.)
3. That is a (purchased) process/system that allows guests to download and keep any and all of their PhotoPass photos.

But, click below for much better and detailed info:
www.disboards.com/threads/everything-photopass-memory-maker.3663430/

-

Am I able to have my picture taken throughout the day and look at them later and buy just one or two? I'm confused as to what the difference is between Photo Pass and Memory Maker. I'll have Genie+ and I have seen the augmented reality shots from people, but not sure what's what when it comes to the in park pictures.
Your question has been merged with the Everything PhotoPass and Memory Maker thread. Post 1 explains things well.

Has anyone seen if the Lantern Magic Shot is currently operational during normal hours? If I pull it up on MDE, it just says that is available during the Christmas party.

So, I purchased Memory Maker for our last trip for $169. What exactly does that entitle me to? Free downloads of all my photos? But if I want to purchase products, pictures, cards, I still have to pay for them, correct?

Yes. You get to download all your photos as many times as you want until they expire. Any products are a separate price.

Probably a very dumb question here, but here I go. We have a room booked for an upcoming trip a few months out (rented DVC points). I bought 6-day park tickets for us all, linked them in my MDE account, and made park reservations for each day. The resort room, all my guests, our park tickets, and our park reservations all look correct in my MDE account/app.

Now, I also went and bought Memory Maker through MDE using the discounted advance purchase price. I have the receipt for this in my email that includes a confirmation number. Here is where I'm stuck. Am I supposed to take another step? How do I "link" this Memory Maker purchase to my upcoming resort stay and park tickets/reservations? It is already linked to my MDE account, but how do I link it to that specific stay? Or do I need to?

Thanks!

Probably a very dumb question here, but here I go. We have a room booked for an upcoming trip a few months out (rented DVC points). I bought 6-day park tickets for us all, linked them in my MDE account, and made park reservations for each day. The resort room, all my guests, our park tickets, and our park reservations all look correct in my MDE account/app.

Now, I also went and bought Memory Maker through MDE using the discounted advance purchase price. I have the receipt for this in my email that includes a confirmation number. Here is where I'm stuck. Am I supposed to take another step? How do I "link" this Memory Maker purchase to my upcoming resort stay and park tickets/reservations? It is already linked to my MDE account, but how do I link it to that specific stay? Or do I need to?

Thanks!
You don't need to link it to a specific resort stay. It activates when you begin downloading photos from the app or website to your phone, tablet or computer. Sounds like you're good to go - have fun!

Just got back and 70% of our photos came out blurry or just not good. We enjoyed having it in the past and still got some good photos this time but the quality was pretty bad this go round. We took probably 20 photos in front of the castle on main street and the spoke -- all different areas. None has the full castle in it. Thought that was odd. Only photos that have the full castle are the one we took.

Can you still contact Photopass by email for issues? I’m missing a Slinky Dog photo and my superzoom in Galaxy’s Edge isn’t playing anymore; now it just looks like a grainy still pic. But the website now says to call for missing photos (no email listed) and the wait is over two hours.

Apologies if this isn’t the right forum; wasn’t sure where else to put it and didn’t see a PP sticky anywhere!

Can you still contact Photopass by email for issues? I’m missing a Slinky Dog photo and my superzoom in Galaxy’s Edge isn’t playing anymore; now it just looks like a grainy still pic. But the website now says to call for missing photos (no email listed) and the wait is over two hours.

Apologies if this isn’t the right forum; wasn’t sure where else to put it and didn’t see a PP sticky anywhere!
I had to go through several layers of the FAQ link at the bottom of the PhotoPass webpage but finally got to a page that says Contact Disney PhotoPass Service and allows filling out an online missing photos form (via a drop down box on that page). I tried to copy the link but it only goes to the main PP page. So, all I can recommend is to click on the link to Frequently Asked Questions and keep scrolling and clicking on questions that have to do with missing photos until you get to that page. Good luck!

I had to go through several layers of the FAQ link at the bottom of the PhotoPass webpage but finally got to a page that says Contact Disney PhotoPass Service and allows filling out an online missing photos form (via a drop down box on that page). I tried to copy the link but it only goes to the main PP page. So, all I can recommend is to click on the link to Frequently Asked Questions and keep scrolling and clicking on questions that have to do with missing photos until you get to that page. Good luck!
Thanks so much! That’s probably the same link as the almost-last post in the sticky at the top of this thread. And thanks to the mod who moved me here….I swear I looked for a sticky but I guess I didn’t expect it to be right up top, so I scrolled past it! I thought it was crazy to want people to call and then have to enter all their info, rather than having people write it down for them! Hope they can find it; we’ve had great luck in the past.

Thanks so much! That’s probably the same link as the almost-last post in the sticky at the top of this thread. And thanks to the mod who moved me here….I swear I looked for a sticky but I guess I didn’t expect it to be right up top, so I scrolled past it! I thought it was crazy to want people to call and then have to enter all their info, rather than having people write it down for them! Hope they can find it; we’ve had great luck in the past.
We’ve had great response in the past, too - including last June, when the “estimated time taken” that I told them was two hours off! :rotfl2:And they still found it!

We’ve had great response in the past, too - including last June, when the “estimated time taken” that I told them was two hours off! :rotfl2:And they still found it!
Well we took a selfie in line, so I should be able to tell them much closer than two hours lol! But I don’t remember seeing the camera flash that time, so it might not have actually taken. But I know if it’s there, they’ll find it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter