Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

We have sorcerer APs for myself, DH & GD. All renewal Dates are staggered. Mine just renewed this week

Didn’t add photopass to any pass last year. Still kicking myself as it turned out to be a bonus trip sort with family that doesn’t usually visit wirh us

If I again do add PP to my AP, can MDE ‘family & Friends’ see their pics in my photopass if on trip without me there?

GD doing upcoming race with other family members

I’d just add to hers but, it expires beginning of July. Plan on renewing it 60 days prior. However, that’s after the race

:headache: Help. ThinkI’m missing something here

If I again do add PP to my AP, can MDE ‘family & Friends’ see their pics in my photopass if on trip without me there?
They’ll always be able to see their photos in their own MDE, but with watermarks. However, you too will be able to see them but without watermarks and will be able to download them and share with your F&F via text, email , flash drive, etc. whether you’re with them or not. Just make sure everyone has given you permission to view their photos.

We have MemoryMaker included with our tickets but won't have Magic Bands. Can we link Photopass photographer photos to our account with a hard ticket (which we are planning on getting at Guest Relations)?

Last edited:

We have MemoryMaker included with our tickets but won't have Magic Bands. Can we link Photopass photographer photos to our account with a hard ticket (which we are planning on getting at Guest Relations)?
Yes. The photographers also have cards that can give you which other photographers can scan. You can then "claim" the pictures by entering the code.

You will need either a fairly recent MagicBand or MDE running on a smartphone that you've allowed to access bluetooth on that phone in order to get some ride photos. Many rides, but not all, will have a photo display at the end where you can scan a MagicBand or RFID card to link that photo to your account. Rides you can't manually link photos are: Haunted Mansion, 7 Dwarfs Mine Train, Slinky Dog Dash, Frozen Ever After, Guardians of the Galaxy, and (most likely) Tron (which officially opens on 4/4).

Thanks, our of interest with Bluetooth on my phone, do we need to search for Disney or similar to connect to on entering the park for ride photos? I have MDE installed and linked to our tickets.

Thanks, our of interest with Bluetooth on my phone, do we need to search for Disney or similar to connect to on entering the park for ride photos? I have MDE installed and linked to our tickets.
Nothing special needs to be done as long as you've allowed the MDE mobile app to access bluetooth. Some rides do have a QR code in the queue line which if you scan it will take you to the settings on your phone to make sure they are setup.

To check on an iPhone, open the settings app and scroll down until you see the MDE mobile app (labeled as Disney World) and select it. If bluetooth access is allowed, the on/off icon will be green.

I pre-purchased memory maker for our trip. I purchased it under my name and it shows up in MDE. I'm traveling with my Granddaughter age 10 and niece age 13. My and my granddaughters tickets were purchased together and hers and my tickets show up in my MDE account and on the app. My niece is only joining us for our last day as she had a conflict. So her ticket was purchased by her mom separately and she has her own MDE account . She sent me a link so I can see her in my Friends and Family list.
Everyone has a magic band.

So, my question(finally)
If we don't ride together, will they still get ride photos?
Specifically, I was thinking about Tron, as they are young and can do standard seating. I'm not sure about me getting in that seat. Hopefully, but I'm probably going to be in the back special car.
Or if they ride something I dont?

I pre-purchased memory maker for our trip. I purchased it under my name and it shows up in MDE. I'm traveling with my Granddaughter age 10 and niece age 13. My and my granddaughters tickets were purchased together and hers and my tickets show up in my MDE account and on the app. My niece is only joining us for our last day as she had a conflict. So her ticket was purchased by her mom separately and she has her own MDE account . She sent me a link so I can see her in my Friends and Family list.
Everyone has a magic band.

So, my question(finally)
If we don't ride together, will they still get ride photos?
Specifically, I was thinking about Tron, as they are young and can do standard seating. I'm not sure about me getting in that seat. Hopefully, but I'm probably going to be in the back special car.
Or if they ride something I dont?
Yes, they’ll get ride photos via their MBs. As long as their MDE profiles are linked and show up in your MDE account, AND you have permission to view their photos (your niece’s mom needs to set that), then you’ll see their photos in your PhotoPass account without watermarks, and you’ll be able to download them and share them as you wish.

I just purchased my first ever Annual Pass and I think I want to add the PhotoPass feature for $99. I just want to ask if I understand how it works correctly. I usually purchase Memory Maker for $169 so I know how it works. From what I am reading, it seems to me that the PhotoPass add on to my Annual Pass basically works the same as Memory Maker, except only my MDE account will show the photos without watermarks and only my MDE account can download unlimited pictures for no extra charge. Is that correct?

I just purchased my first ever Annual Pass and I think I want to add the PhotoPass feature for $99. I just want to ask if I understand how it works correctly. I usually purchase Memory Maker for $169 so I know how it works. From what I am reading, it seems to me that the PhotoPass add on to my Annual Pass basically works the same as Memory Maker, except only my MDE account will show the photos without watermarks and only my MDE account can download unlimited pictures for no extra charge. Is that correct?
Yes, that’s correct. You will see all photos linked to everyone in your F&F list who have given permission to share photos with you, in addition to your ow, of course.

where can I find details regarding Star Wars photo op for credit card holders? I saw somewhere that the hours are limited to 11-4 but I can’t find info anywhere…

I purchased memory maker but can't find the download all visible media option. There are too many photos to download one at a time. Can anyone help?

I am going to buy an AP and add PP/MM for $99, I think that's the price. If I link my DD and DGS on MDE will they be able to take pix at one theme park, even if I am not with them and still be able to see them on my MDE? Will they be able to see pix of me if I am solo at another park?
Thanks,
Tony

I purchased PhotoPass last week as an upgrade to my AP. We went to MK late last night and rode 7 Dwarfs, but the ride photos didn’t show up in MDE. Was I supposed to do anything special to activate PhotoPass in my account? I assumed they would automatically be in my MDE account.

I purchased PhotoPass last week as an upgrade to my AP. We went to MK late last night and rode 7 Dwarfs, but the ride photos didn’t show up in MDE. Was I supposed to do anything special to activate PhotoPass in my account? I assumed they would automatically be in my MDE account.
Sometimes it takes a day or two for photos to show up. If they’re not in your MDE by tomorrow, you can submit a Missing Photo report via the PhotoPass website. For best results, be prepared to tell them roughly what time you rode, describe that members of your party, and maybe even give them the number of the MB you were wearing. If you’re still at WDW, you can report it in person at one of the PP shops.

Sometimes it takes a day or two for photos to show up. If they’re not in your MDE by tomorrow, you can submit a Missing Photo report via the PhotoPass website. For best results, be prepared to tell them roughly what time you rode, describe that members of your party, and maybe even give them the number of the MB you were wearing. If you’re still at WDW, you can report it in person at one of the PP shops.
Yes! I did all of that today at MK. She was able to find our missing pictures from Tuesday night. She said nothing is wrong that she can see with our MDE settings on my phone, but still nothing shows up. I submitted a ticket with PP website this afternoon.

I’m not really sure where to ask this, so I’ll start on this forum.

I’m not planning on purchasing Memory Maker, but I thought I had read somewhere that if you purchase Genie+, you get your ride photos for free. Is that the case or am I totally thinking of something that isn’t true?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter