• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Rope Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
What time does EPCOT really open for off-site? We arrived at 10:20 today and were allowed right in and are only a few minutes away from boarding Test Track at 10:33a

-Thanks
Is this just EPCOT or all parks? Thanks
From what I’ve read it’s all parks. We are staying offsite as well when we come so I’m watching and planning our rope drop plans. If you arrive at parking an hour before official open you will have to loop and come back.

Staying at CR in early June, MK park opening is scheduled for 8am and I don't anticipate them changing opening time. What time do you suggest I leave CR to get in as early and ahead of the pack as possible. We'd like to go to SDMT first, then head over to Splash. Thx

<NM I searched a little more :) >

I tried searching but did not find an answer - we will be at BLT and BCV 6/4 - 6/13. We typically drive to the parks - are we at a disadvantage? I saw a few posts that parking lots open at the same time or after the parks do.

Last edited:
We are only doing one Disney day this trip (sadly, the rest of the fam wanted to try Universal) and are staying off property. However, my daughter and I will be taking an Uber to Magic Kingdom.
1) I’m assuming that rideshare will not be able to get through to TTC until the MK parking lot opens?
2) what time does the parking lot open? I’ve seen 45-60 minutes before park open, but I’m trying to figure out which is most likely....trying to maximize our day.
3) if rides start 30 minutes early, is it likely we’ll be there in time? Time estimate of getting through parking gate to inside park?
thank you!

ETA: this was in response to runnermama78's question - I think her post was merged here so now I look insane in my random response :teeth:

Anytime my DH has dropped me off/picked me up at TTC, he does not enter the MK parking lot. Instead, he goes up to road that takes you to Poly (the one you walk under from the parking lots) and pulls into the TTC parking lot on the right. That lot has pick up spots, ride share, and charter buses.

I do not know when it opens, but I would imagine it'd be about the time the lots do to allow for offsite charters.

Last edited:

From what I’ve seen skyliner isn’t best transportation for rope drop to Epcot or HS. Also looks like they don’t let cars in until hour before to park in lot including Uber. What’s the best way. Can we take Uber to beach club and walk in? Is that allowed. Or can we Uber across The street from beach club and walk over? Just curious what people do. Thanks.

I’ve heard the opposite, that it’s a great option. I read from someone else the other day that they were in the Skyliner line at 7:30, and on a ride by 8:15, for a 9 o’clock opening. Obviously results may vary but I’m definitely using the Skyliner!

Watching this one...

General consensus is the lines get a bit long but the gondolas move efficiently so that's not necessarily a problem. Seems like optimal arrival for HS rope drop is staying at Beach/Boardwalk/Yacht/Swan & Dolphin and walking over, but getting on an early Skyliner from CBR is a close second?

I’ve heard the opposite, that it’s a great option. I read from someone else the other day that they were in the Skyliner line at 7:30, and on a ride by 8:15, for a 9 o’clock opening. Obviously results may vary but I’m definitely using the Skyliner!

guess I’ll have to see what the operating times are. Can’t wait. June 11

Yes, I agree. We stayed at CBR a few weeks ago and skyliner worked out great...we were in and walking to our first ride at DHS and Epcot 45 mins prior to actual opening.

Watching this one...

General consensus is the lines get a bit long but the gondolas move efficiently so that's not necessarily a problem. Seems like optimal arrival for HS rope drop is staying at Beach/Boardwalk/Yacht/Swan & Dolphin and walking over, but getting on an early Skyliner from CBR is a close second?
Yes, I'd agree with that. If you want to be one of the first ones loaded; I'd be at CBR station 1.75-2 hrs prior to technical park opening for dhs and at the Riviera station 1.75 hrs prior to Epcot technical opening.

Yes, I'd agree with that. If you want to be one of the first ones loaded; I'd be at CBR station 1.75-2 hrs prior to technical park opening for dhs and at the Riviera station 1.75 hrs prior to Epcot technical opening.
Excellent - quite helpful advice!

Our plan is to ride Slinky, Tower of Terror, and RNRC at rope drop. Should we go to Tower of Terror, RNRC, then Slinky or go to Slinky first then TOT and RNRC?

Keep an ear out that morning if any of your planned rides are down.

Lately ToT and SDD seem to have the best rope drop advantage as those waits have been staying very high thru the day. I probably would start with Slinky (if everything is open) so you don’t have to run back and forth. Do SSD, ToT, then RRC.

We will be arriving via car to HS. So we’ll be an hour early to drive up, but not among the first in the park.
does it stil pay to rope drop SDD? Or does the line build really fast if you aren’t the first in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter