Everything Rope Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were also at HS this morning. We left BWV at 7:43 and there was a decent line holding people for security. While sunscreening the kids to the side we noticed the line got very long behind us. Once past security we went to the far right side and waited some more. The let us scan bands at 8:15.
We headed straight to RNR and we were 2nd on the ride (behind the people in front of us to get into the park). We asked for the last rows. I think the entire car only had 4 rows filled at that point. It was strange being so quiet- no loud music when we walked in, we were the first countdown, no screaming on the ride. My son thought the whole experience was different. Basically walked on ToT after that. We decided to skip MMRR and head to Toy Story Mania. Our wait was 10-15min mostly moving. I think SDD was down this morning bc the wait was 90 min before park opening, and it was 20min shorter when we got off Midway Mania. At this point Midway Mania was all the way back to Joffery’s. We opted for coffee, donuts and Nom Nom cookie.

Walked to Batuu and killed some time before our boarding group was called. Someone posted a YouTube video on this thread a couple of weeks ago and I did t the optimization recs last night. I got group 34 this morning. We looked around the market but there really wasn’t much we were interested in buying.

Headed to lunch at Brown Derby. We were able to get in 10min before our reservation. My kids (9 and 11) had been hot and cranky- the dark, cool, quiet Brown Derby was exactly what we all needed. It was our first time eating here. Son loved the pho, both loved the bread service. The margarita flight was awesome, scallops and pork belly a wonderful combination, but the burger was the real winner. So glad my husband split that with me and I shared the salad. That burger and bacon jam will be in my memory for a long time.

Took the skyliner back to Epcot followed up by a big nap. Getting ready to head back in a bit.

There are still social distancing lines up in TSMM, the market in Batuu, and Rise. Plexiglass is still on Rise, but not much separation for any of the pre-show (except the dots you stand on before going into the last part). People behind us on ToT pulled down there masks in line and then quickly pulled them up as the line moved forward. Lots of people not wearing masks in bathroom. We’ve been keeping our masks on except when walking around, but kids have been wearing theirs since they are so used to wearing them. Like Universal, most kids are not wearing masks. I would say outdoor mask usage is 50/50. We’re just happy the hand sanitizer stations still work bc they were all empty at Universal.
Sounds like a good time! What is the optimization your talking about? I'm hoping to get boarding pass end of June for Rise

We are here at AK today. Our bus didn’t come until 7:00 on the dot. AK was already open and we walked through at 7:15. We headed straight to FOP and got off at 7:59. Then we got on Navi with a 5 minute wait.

After both rides, we headed over to the safari. The wait time was listed at 30, but it actually took us 45 minutes. I’m kinda of torn as to what the best strategy should be. Part of me thought we should have gone straight over to the safari right after FOP. But Navi is right next door to FOP, and it seems silly to backtrack that much. Regardless, these 3 rides have the highest wait times in AK, so I’m glad we knocked them out before 9:30.

So if people are being let into parks 30-45 minutes before posted opening time, how is everyone getting to the parks? How early are transportation options starting to run?

We have seen some buses arrive as early as 75 minutes prior to posted park opening. You definitely want to be down about 90 minutes prior as the word is out and people get to the bus stops early to be sure they get on that first physically distanced bus to the park.

For DHS and EPCOT we Uber/Lyft to Swan and Dolphin (no security check) and walk.

Hey everyone! Will be at MK in a couple of weeks and plan to use the walkway from GF. Has anyone done this recently? Are they still holding walkers at some point? I know they were previously holding walkers at the temp check booths but since temp checks are not a thing anymore, I was wondering how this has been working lately. TIA!

you need to be on one of the first buses, or walk (if thats an option).
In general, cars are not being let into the parking lots until about 45 minutes before official park opening time (so that puts you behind all the others) if RD is important to you.

Hey everyone! Will be at MK in a couple of weeks and plan to use the walkway from GF. Has anyone done this recently? Are they still holding walkers at some point? I know they were previously holding walkers at the temp check booths but since temp checks are not a thing anymore, I was wondering how this has been working lately. TIA!
Guests are still being held.

The day we are going, the park 'opens' at 8am. I'm hoping to get there, IN LINE, by 7:30am, which really means about a 7:15 arrival. Is this a good time to get there if we want to hit FOP and Everest? This is for THIS SATURDAY, June 5th.
Thank you!!

Hello! I walked to EPCOT this morning using the path from the Boardwalk. The cast member at the Friendship Boat said that rides from Dolphin to EPCOT start at 11 AM. He said that rides from Dolphin to Hollywood Studios start at 8 AM.

I arrived at security at around 10:15 AM. We slowly walked to Mission Space, got in line, and then they opened the ride at 11 AM. We then proceeded to The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Living on the Land and Journey into Imagination and the wait time for each ride was five to ten minutes. It was delightful!

We have seen some buses arrive as early as 75 minutes prior to posted park opening. You definitely want to be down about 90 minutes prior as the word is out and people get to the bus stops early to be sure they get on that first physically distanced bus to the park.

For DHS and EPCOT we Uber/Lyft to Swan and Dolphin (no security check) and walk.

do you need a dining reservation to be let in to
Swan and dolphin?

do you need a dining reservation to be let in to
Swan and dolphin?
Why can't we talk an Uber straigtht to Hollywood studios? Any place to drop off before the parking lot opens? We would like to be at the gate at 7 am. Thoughts?

Hello! I walked to EPCOT this morning using the path from the Boardwalk. The cast member at the Friendship Boat said that rides from Dolphin to EPCOT start at 11 AM. He said that rides from Dolphin to Hollywood Studios start at 8 AM.

I arrived at security at around 10:15 AM. We slowly walked to Mission Space, got in line, and then they opened the ride at 11 AM. We then proceeded to The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Living on the Land and Journey into Imagination and the wait time for each ride was five to ten minutes. It was delightful!
This is so helpful! We will be heading to Epcot tomorrow from S&D. Sounds like walking is best if the boats aren't heading over early.

Hello! I walked to Hollywood Studios yesterday morning using the path from the Boardwalk. I arrived between 8 and 8:15 AM and there was a decent line for security. After a bathroom break for the kids, we went to MMRR and there were probably already 50 people ahead of us. We waited on line for 15 minutes before finding out that the ride was not functioning. We then did Alien Swirling Saucers (5 minute wait) and Toy Story Mania (10-15 minute wait).

This is so helpful! We will be heading to Epcot tomorrow from S&D. Sounds like walking is best if the boats aren't heading over early.
Yes! If the members of your group can walk well, then I highly recommend walking. It's almost always faster than the boat when you factor in wait times and the multiple stops.

Getting to the bus stop 90 minutes before the first bus is simply not an option for our family. How far behind the buses/Disney transportation would we be at each of the parks, if driving and parking on our own? We don't have to be first in the parks, but also don't want to already have 45 min wait for SDD, FOP, SDMT, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter