Everything Rope Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magic Kingdom rope drop from offsite - today 7/19. Arrived at parking lot at 7:52, they were already letting cars in. Parked in Peter Pan at 8:02. Walked on the ferry at 8:16, off ferry by 8:30, in park by 8:33, at the hub waiting to go to Frontierland at 8:40. Hard open at 9.

Magic Kingdom rope drop from offsite - today 7/19. Arrived at parking lot at 7:52, they were already letting cars in. Parked in Peter Pan at 8:02. Walked on the ferry at 8:16, off ferry by 8:30, in park by 8:33, at the hub waiting to go to Frontierland at 8:40. Hard open at 9.
Thanks for this info! How far back were you at Frontierland rope at 8:40? Hope you’re having a great day!

Any advice for someone in a scooter? I posted in disabilities forum but thought maybe a good idea to ask here. We plan on rope dropping at each park. I'm a bit worried about the big crowds.

Any advice for someone in a scooter? I posted in disabilities forum but thought maybe a good idea to ask here. We plan on rope dropping at each park. I'm a bit worried about the big crowds.
May I ask what your concerns are? My parents both use scooters when we go and we use Disney transportation. It works well. Yes, there will be a lot of people but just need to take your time and drive defensively. Many people will be considerate of the scooters but there will also be times every day when people cross closely in front of you or stop suddenly.

My parents don't use scooters anywhere else but are fine using them at Disney.

May I ask what your concerns are? My parents both use scooters when we go and we use Disney transportation. It works well. Yes, there will be a lot of people but just need to take your time and drive defensively. Many people will be considerate of the scooters but there will also be times every day when people cross closely in front of you or stop suddenly.

My parents don't use scooters anywhere else but are fine using them at Disney.

Thank you. Just the large crowd and not getting swallowed up and yes, I am worried about hitting people . From a video, I saw, you are in a crowd, stopped, waiting for things to move forward. That was my worry. Thanks for sharing about your parents. We will take our time.

Thank you. Just the large crowd and not getting swallowed up and yes, I am worried about hitting people . From a video, I saw, you are in a crowd, stopped, waiting for things to move forward. That was my worry. Thanks for sharing about your parents. We will take our time.
If you are not familiar with using scooters, it's great to 'practice' at the resort and this will basically happen just going to and from your room.

I highly recommend keeping the speed on or close to 'turtle'. My dad likes to speed his up but then gets frustrated when people cut him off. Drives me nuts as he's causing the problem!! Most times he's good but speeds it up when he has space then forgets to turn it back down.

The challenge can be getting on and off buses but most drivers are extremely helpful and great at chatting them through the loading and parking process.

I'm sure you'll do great! They stop very quickly when needed.

If you are not familiar with using scooters, it's great to 'practice' at the resort and this will basically happen just going to and from your room.

I highly recommend keeping the speed on or close to 'turtle'. My dad likes to speed his up but then gets frustrated when people cut him off. Drives me nuts as he's causing the problem!! Most times he's good but speeds it up when he has space then forgets to turn it back down.

The challenge can be getting on and off buses but most drivers are extremely helpful and great at chatting them through the loading and parking process.

I'm sure you'll do great! They stop very quickly when needed.

oh! I didn't even know you could slow the speed. That is very helpful to know. I thought it was automatically set at a certain speed. We will make sure to practice. I had a scooter once when I had knee surgery, but it's been several years. It was pretty easy to get used to. We have AK on first day and it will be a later arrival, giving us that day to get used to things too. Thanks again!

MK today. At Contemporary security at 715 Very early. They let us in at 805 Then at tap style waited until about 815. At rope leading to SDMT. Told they are opening at 900. There iis a sea of people behind us. Update the rest later.

Rope drop has been a bust for me, because BTM and Splash have been down. All other tier two rides are around 50 minutes, because of that. Space 80. Buzz being refurbished. Making the best out of it but highly disappointed. These ride closures are an everyday occurrence. If you want to do anything big, get here early.

Rope drop has been a bust for me, because BTM and Splash have been down. All other tier two rides are around 50 minutes, because of that. Space 80. Buzz being refurbished. Making the best out of it but highly disappointed. These ride closures are an everyday occurrence. If you want to do anything big, get here early.
Wait, the Buzz Lightyear ride is being refurbished....as in closed for the time being?

Wait, the Buzz Lightyear ride is being refurbished....as in closed for the time being?
On the Disney website if you look at Park Hours, Day version it show's what's closed for refurbishment.

Buzz Lightyear appears to be reopening Friday, Jul 23rd

it's a small world will be closed for refurbishment Tues, Jul 27 - Thurs, Jul 29

Rope dropped Hollywood Studios today from offsite at Bonnet Creek. Scored a boarding pass for ROTR, group 14!! Using LTE, had atomic clock counting down on my laptop. Clicked join at 6:59 and 30 seconds and refreshed till the 2nd join button showed up. Then clicked as fast as possible. It is over in a second.

Left resort at 7:50, parked by 8:06. Bonnet Creek is basically right next to Riviera and very convenient to Epcot and HS. Kids wanted to do RnR and ToT instead of SDD so we headed that way. Lined up about halfway down the street by Anaheim Produce at 8:20. At 8:30 they started walking everyone down into the queues. Skipped the pre-show at 8:48 and we were off by 9.

ToT listed as 30 min wait at 9:05, we were off by 9:40.

Our RoR boarding pass was called by the time we got off ToT, so we headed over there. It was our first time and it was AMAZING!
Next we went to MMRR, in line by 10:25, listed as 50 min wait. We were in the pre show in 25 mins and off the ride by 11:03. After we went and watched the little Mickey short cartoon and had lunch at ABC commissary. Free refills on drinks were much appreciated.

After lunch we did TSMM, 60 min wait listed at 12:45, actual wait was 30.

At this point SDD and MFSR were 100 and 120 minutes respectively and my youngest was melting in the intense heat so we left and went back to our hotel for a break.

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm that they are letting people in earlier than 11? We are driving and entering through the front. I thought I read it was 10:30?

Can anyone confirm that they are letting people in earlier than 11? We are driving and entering through the front. I thought I read it was 10:30?
They will let you in and then hold you. I‘m not exactly sure what time.

So will we be held until 10:30 or 11? I have 4 teens with me, so don't want to get the info wrong. Haha! They have a hard time getting up, even this late. :)

Working on logistics for a spring trip and struggling to justify MK resort area options. Considering Boardwalk but imagine it can be a hassle to get over there.

I saw in the first post that Uber/Lyft won’t get you dropped off at the resort due unless you have an ADR. What’s the chance of, say, taking an Uber to the guard shack entrance of Contemporary and then walking the rest of the way?

Working on logistics for a spring trip and struggling to justify MK resort area options. Considering Boardwalk but imagine it can be a hassle to get over there.

I saw in the first post that Uber/Lyft won’t get you dropped off at the resort due unless you have an ADR. What’s the chance of, say, taking an Uber to the guard shack entrance of Contemporary and then walking the rest of the way?
Guests are not allowed to be dropped off at the guard shack. If you don't want to make and ADR and eat at Contemporary you must be dropped at TTC.

Left resort at 6:50, parked by 8:06. Bonnet Creek is basically right next to Riviera and very convenient to Epcot and HS.

Assuming in only took you 5 or so minutes to drive over...you had to wait in your car for about an hour?

I am generally aware they are holding cars from entering the lots...just wanted to see if I'm understanding the timing right.

Assuming in only took you 5 or so minutes to drive over...you had to wait in your car for about an hour?

I am generally aware they are holding cars from entering the lots...just wanted to see if I'm understanding the timing right.
Sorry I meant 7:50, will change it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter