Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

We started refreshing at 6:55am nothing for gotg. Stood beside cm in Epcot and starting refreshing at 12:55pm. Used the atomic clock. 1pm hits. App freezes. Nothing. We are SO pissed off. We are done with Disney!!!! Done!!!! Got there at rope drop. Waited two hours for Remy. Got ONE LL for Frozen later in the day. So two rides for over $600 ($500 tickets and around $100 for genie) for three people. No test track. No soaring. Nothing available on genie plus. Nothing. Refreshed all.day.long. no test track nothing available all day and started at 7am.
bye Disney. Bye!

My daughter is headed to DW for her SR trip. We are Disney pros but being on the schools timeline is new to us. They are splitting a day between AK and Epcot. Schedule says they will hop to Epcot at 3. Daughter and friends are desperate to do Gaurdians. Assuming they get a VQ at 7am, they can ride it whenever they get to Epcot. Is this plan correct?

*I feel like I know the answer. But I have eight 18 year old girls counting on me. And teenager girls can be scary. I need reassurance here.*

My daughter is headed to DW for her SR trip. We are Disney pros but being on the schools timeline is new to us. They are splitting a day between AK and Epcot. Schedule says they will hop to Epcot at 3. Daughter and friends are desperate to do Gaurdians. Assuming they get a VQ at 7am, they can ride it whenever they get to Epcot. Is this plan correct?
Not quite.They can ride Guardians anytime from when their VQ is called until park closing. There is no guarantee when a 7AM VQ will be called. I’ve been called as early as before park opening and as late as 4:45PM. They will need to ensure their group has been called before they can ride.

We started refreshing at 6:55am nothing for gotg. Stood beside cm in Epcot and starting refreshing at 12:55pm. Used the atomic clock. 1pm hits. App freezes. Nothing. We are SO pissed off. We are done with Disney!!!! Done!!!! Got there at rope drop. Waited two hours for Remy. Got ONE LL for Frozen later in the day. So two rides for over $600 ($500 tickets and around $100 for genie) for three people. No test track. No soaring. Nothing available on genie plus. Nothing. Refreshed all.day.long. no test track nothing available all day and started at 7am.
bye Disney. Bye!

Beyond frustrating, I really dislike this Gene+ it's nothing but stressful rat race IMO. Wish they would allow you to do it prior to your trip so your not constantly rushing and trying to use the darn app all the time fighting with everyone.

so now without park reservations, anyone that has a valid ticket , can try for VQ at ANY parks at 7 AM? No wonder it is getting almost impossible to get VQ now :(

My husband and I are the only two on a quick trip. Can I make a virtual queue reservation for just him at 7am? And then try at 1pm the same day for just me? I ask because he would love to ride Tron at night and I really don’t do rollercoasters. I’m thinking if I can do a separate reservation at 1 for just me then maybe it would be late enough that it would be dark out and he could just use my reservation to ride at night. All dependent of course on getting a boarding group that day at all.

My husband and I are the only two on a quick trip. Can I make a virtual queue reservation for just him at 7am? And then try at 1pm the same day for just me? I ask because he would love to ride Tron at night and I really don’t do rollercoasters. I’m thinking if I can do a separate reservation at 1 for just me then maybe it would be late enough that it would be dark out and he could just use my reservation to ride at night. All dependent of course on getting a boarding group that day at all.

Yes, before you try for the VQ, you select the party, so you can select whoever wants to go for that VQ

I'm late answering, but I can also confirm the gone-in-one-second GotG VQ experience. It happened to me on February 6th. I was using the world clock, and it was gone by 7:00:02!

I was able to get another VQ right at 1:00 PM while in EPCOT.

Editing to add that Feb 6th was a Good to Go day.
Last trip this past November I struck out 3 out of 4 times for guardians. Went in 2 secs all 3 times. The trip before that a couple months earlier I got it 3 times no issues. I did it the same way each time. It’s completely bizarre the ride books in 2 secs. I don’t care how busy a park is or is going to be. It’s insane. World clock on one iPhone. Refreshing on other iPhone.

It all comes down to when u click refresh and internet I think. First trip using it I think I clicked at 2 seconds before 7. Last trip I think I waited till 1 sec cause I was getting worried.

I don’t really know. All I know is that I personally don’t like the virtual groups. I just don’t.

Yes. I did it on a few days last week. On the Good to Go days I had the option to join either of the virtual queues at 7am. I secured a GoTG VQ, but then started my day at HS. On the one day that required a park reservation I could only join the GoTG VQ with an Epcot park reservation.
How do u find good to go days?

How do u find good to go days?

If you have an AP or ticket that requires a reservation, the good to go day will be a green circle around the outside of the date. If previously you had a reservation and a day becomes good to go, your reservation will disappear and you just be good to go.

Is there a way to see good to go days for those without annual passes? I would like this information to help plan our 2nd week in April.
Thanks

I know that the rule says you have an hour to tap in once your BG is called, but I also know that they've been stricter at Tron than Guardians about that. Does anyone have any experience with that this week (or during SB crowds)? We have park reservations for next week at HS, but are hopping to Epcot for dinner that day. If I'm able to get a BG at the 7 am drop, do we think there's a chance we'll still be able to ride when we go over for dinner (assuming the BG was called earlier in the day)?

I know that the rule says you have an hour to tap in once your BG is called, but I also know that they've been stricter at Tron than Guardians about that. Does anyone have any experience with that this week (or during SB crowds)? We have park reservations for next week at HS, but are hopping to Epcot for dinner that day. If I'm able to get a BG at the 7 am drop, do we think there's a chance we'll still be able to ride when we go over for dinner (assuming the BG was called earlier in the day)?
Are you aiming for Tron (MK), or Guardians (Epcot).

Guardians - Last week I got group 3 boarding but already had morning plans for AK. I showed up in Epcot for my VQ late afternoon/early evening hours past my boarding group and was let on no problems.

Tron - Under normal circumstances, I don't know if you'd be able to and from what I've read here it's been being enforced. However, if Tron happens to go down after your boarding group is called, then you probably can. Last week mine got called around 2pm, and the ride broke down right after that. They told me I could come back at any time, and I decided to try riding at night right after the fireworks - I had no problem redeeming it.

If you are already sure of your Hollywood Studios plans and will carry those out regardless of the answer to your question, I'd say go ahead and try for the virtual queue and see what happens. Worst case is you'd get a no when you show up later on, but you wouldn't have lost anything otherwise.

Are you aiming for Tron (MK), or Guardians (Epcot).

Guardians - Last week I got group 3 boarding but already had morning plans for AK. I showed up in Epcot for my VQ late afternoon/early evening hours past my boarding group and was let on no problems.

Tron - Under normal circumstances, I don't know if you'd be able to and from what I've read here it's been being enforced. However, if Tron happens to go down after your boarding group is called, then you probably can. Last week mine got called around 2pm, and the ride broke down right after that. They told me I could come back at any time, and I decided to try riding at night right after the fireworks - I had no problem redeeming it.

If you are already sure of your Hollywood Studios plans and will carry those out regardless of the answer to your question, I'd say go ahead and try for the virtual queue and see what happens. Worst case is you'd get a no when you show up later on, but you wouldn't have lost anything otherwise.
Sorry for not clarifying. We'd be trying for Guardians since we're definitely hopping into Epcot.

Thanks for the info. That's very helpful. If we do get one, I'll be sure to remind everyone there's a chance we might be turned away.

Out of curiosity, how long was your wait in line once you tapped in? My experience with Guardians has been less than 30 minutes each time, but the last time I got a Tron one the wait was about an hour.

Out of curiosity, how long was your wait in line once you tapped in? My experience with Guardians has been less than 30 minutes each time, but the last time I got a Tron one the wait was about an hour.
We were there last week. Rode GOG 6 times with vq and Tron twice with vq. We waited 45, 35, 20, 70, 20, and 25 for GOG 35 both times for Tron.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter