Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

Can someone tell me if I have this right? We are staying at a Deluxe. I have a hopper ticket and a park reservation at AK. I have two shots at GG: First at 2pm even if I’m still in AK. Second at 6pm. Same is true for Tron.
No, if you have a hopper and the 1pm drop is still open when park hipping starts you have to enter the park the ride is at before getting a boarding group. Only the 6pm drop requires you to enter your first park if the park is not the one the ride is at. It's a bit confusing.

So for example, I tend to start at MK and then hop to Epcot. I several times on my last trip 2 weeks ago started at MK and then made my way to Epcot to enter at 1:45pm when the scanners technically start reading for park hopping and was able to grab guardians because it was still open. I also road Tron on those morning with the 7am drop.

No, if you have a hopper and the 1pm drop is still open when park hipping starts you have to enter the park the ride is at before getting a boarding group. Only the 6pm drop requires you to enter your first park if the park is not the one the ride is at. It's a bit confusing.

So for example, I tend to start at MK and then hop to Epcot. I several times on my last trip 2 weeks ago started at MK and then made my way to Epcot to enter at 1:45pm when the scanners technically start reading for park hopping and was able to grab guardians because it was still open. I also road Tron on those morning with the 7am drop.
Thank you! Epcot has almost always been a 2nd park for us. I like AK in the morning so don’t want to use a park reservation for Epcot

Wait, I’m at MK at 6 I can try for a later Epcot BG?

Wait, I’m at MK at 6 I can try for a later Epcot BG?
The 6 pm drop is not every day for deluxe guests. It’s only during extended evening theme park hours (EETPH) AND special ticketed events like MNSSHP. Currently:

At Epcot it’s Mon
At MK it’s Wed

Occasionally there has been a switch so check hours ahead of your trip (and right before your trip as they can change - Touring plans sends a notification for park hour changes-paid subscription).

There have also been 2 occasions that HS has been added (April and Dec second week). These hours are now listed under theme park hours so you have to check the calendar.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/extended-evening/

We are doing a quick weekend trip in June (2-4) and will be staying at SSR. Our flight arrives MCO at 10:30 on the Friday morning and we plan on driving our rental straight to MK and spending the day and going to SSR whenever we're done at MK. As we'll be in the airport at 7:00am waiting to board, can we purchase ILL for Tron at 7:00 if we haven't actually checked into the hotel yet?

Thanks in advance,
CPC

Yes! Checking into your hotel is irrelevant when buying ILL (and even if it was relevant, that day you check in counts for early entry etc).

Thank you for all the advice. This morning I got boarding group 29 and an ILL for early afternoon ( my choice not that it was the only thing available) and hoping for another VQ with the extra hours tonight .

I have tickets for MNSSHP in September. We are not going to another park that morning and will not be using one of our regular tickets that day. Will we be able try for a VQ for Tron at 6pm or is that only for those at Deluxe resorts? Would we be able to purchase and ILL if VQ is not an option for us?

I have tickets for MNSSHP in September. We are not going to another park that morning and will not be using one of our regular tickets that day. Will we be able try for a VQ for Tron at 6pm or is that only for those at Deluxe resorts? Would we be able to purchase and ILL if VQ is not an option for us?
You will not be able to do the 6 pm VQ unless you are a Deluxe guest, and I don't think they will have that option on Party Nights. (Right now, it's only on Wednesdays.)

ILL- you should be able to buy if you time it for when you can enter the park.

Question for the experts:

I have read reports of people missing their boarding group but being allowed to get in line anyway. Is that the case? Can I try for a BG at 7am, get an early BG and not get in line until later in the day (like 6pm)?

I have read reports of people missing their boarding group but being allowed to get in line anyway. Is that the case? Can I try for a BG at 7am, get an early BG and not get in line until later in the day (like 6pm)?
Please read the first 2 posts on page 1 as the answer is different depending on which VQ you join.

Guardians normally allows late entrance. TRON strictly enforces their return window and does not allow late entrance.

I was allowed in very late over the winter on GotG. I had an early VQ BG but didn’t arrive until after 5 pm. I think in general they are pretty lenient with VQ return times as people have so many things planned and one has to take what one gets with a VQ. YMMV

Because Tron is so strict with VQ return time, if we have breakfast reservations at 'Ohana (9:50AM but watching for earlier) on our MK day, is the recommendation for Tron to skip trying for VQ at 7am, and instead just buy ILL$ and/or hope for VQ at 1pm?

I'm thinking back to our October Guardians VQ when we got Boarding Group 27 which initially had an early afternoon return time that ended up actually being 9:30am!! (causing a last minute scramble to get to the park, not knowing they weren't as strict, and afraid that we'd miss and not get on the ride)

Last edited:
Because Tron is so strict with VQ return time, if we have breakfast reservations at 'Ohana on our MK day, is the recommendation for Tron to skip trying for VQ at 7am, and instead just buy ILL$ and/or hope for VQ at 1pm?

I'm thinking back to our October Guardians VQ when we got Boarding Group 27 which initially had an early afternoon return time that ended up actually being 9:30am!! (causing a last minute scramble to get to the park, not knowing they weren't as strict, and afraid that we'd miss and not get on the ride)
It really is personal preference and for me a lot would depend on what time your breakfast is booked. If it's before park opening so a lot of times would work, I might try to get a VQ but if your reservation is at any time the park is open, I'd either purchase ILL$ or, try for the 1PM drop. Totally up to you though.

Please read the first 2 posts on page 1 as the answer is different depending on which VQ you join.

Guardians normally allows late entrance. TRON strictly enforces their return window and does not allow late entrance.
Post #1 says: "The notification you receive will show your return window, it gives you an hour. However, to date, no one has reported being turned away for showing up late for a BG."

Post #1 says: "The notification you receive will show your return window, it gives you an hour. However, to date, no one has reported being turned away for showing up late for a BG."
What VQ are you asking about? Please read the ENTIRE posts.

At the beginning of the first post, bolded and in blue it states,

Tron Lightcycle Run VQ info is in post 2.
**Please note that you must enter the attraction during your VQ return window or you may not be allowed to ride!** (Including DAS)
💫The VQ at both 7am and 1pm are filling up in seconds, and the 6pm is expected to fill quickly too.💫

Is this all correct regarding enforcing end times of LL or BG slots:

For the GotG virtual queue boarding group, they are NOT enforcing the end time.
For the Tron virtual queue boarding group, they ARE enforcing the end time.

For lightning lane slots booked through Genie+ or bought through ILL, they ARE enforcing the end time (on Tron, GotG, and all other G+ or LL rides).

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter